Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Um, she literally said earlier this week that she wouldn't be documenting the 20£ shop anymore because throwing her food on the floor to photograph it was taking time away from her job(?).

This was before Auschwitz, before Dib Dabs, and long, long before she bothered paying attention to Marcus Rashford.

Also, lying about filters is

a) dangerous (luckily I doubt she has many adolescent followers, but can also cause issues for adults)
b) bullshit. Jack, you literally have a horizontal line of pixels going across one eye. In the Dib Dab shot you blended yourself into the curtains.

20201025_065357.jpg

That is not even remotely her chin. You can also see how the crease on the side of her cheek has been hugely distorted by her trying to create more dramatic cheekbones - hence my saying earlier that it looks like a second nose.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Um, she literally said earlier this week that she wouldn't be documenting the 20£ shop anymore because throwing her food on the floor to photograph it was taking time away from her job(?).

This was before Auschwitz, before Dib Dabs, and long, long before she bothered paying attention to Marcus Rashford.

Also, lying about filters is

a) dangerous (luckily I doubt she has many adolescent followers, but can also cause issues for adults)
b) bullshit. Jack, you literally have a horizontal line of pixels going across one eye. In the Dib Dab shot you blended yourself into the curtains.

View attachment 287095

That is not even remotely her chin. You can also see how the crease on the side of her cheek has been hugely distorted by her trying to create more dramatic cheekbones - hence my saying earlier that it looks like a second nose.
even her teeth (at the gumline) are a different shape...why is she bleeping about with her features, she's got serious issues

Reactions: 31
Omg all this carry on is mortifying, I will never recover from the cringe about her trying to make herself seem hard for bailiffs? Daddy the working classes are at the door, the oiks, the only language they understand is one of violence, transfer me some money to make them go away please papa we beg of you! 🥺

For anyone triggered by her @myfrugalyear on Insta is a fab resource about personal finance & mental health, she’s paying down huge debt but you don’t need to be to gain something from her. It’s people like Jack who perpetuate these bs notions that all debt is bad and shameful, when it’s managed and good value (eg not a 50% AER?) it’s nothing more than a tool for living? Very few people can afford to pay outright in cash, and if you can there’s the opportunity cost of having that lump sum of cash in your account so you may not want to anyway? There is no shame in debt what so ever but she should be absolutely ashamed on her salary she’s not capable of managing to meet her fixed outgoings because she’s a greedy little Cotswolds goblin.

FWIW I suspect she genuinely is skint, a mixture of a huge tax bill from last year she’s not accrued for in financial year, or this, plus a second set of huge tax bills related to the boom of work she had this year. And then you’ve got huge fixed outgoings that no one sane would have signed up for as a serial engagement breaker.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
She's such a horrible, triggering, nasty little piece of work 😡

Every single bit of her poverty was her choice. For so many people, it really isn't, and it impacts people from so many different backgrounds that might not previously have felt it. If she was truly as scarred by 'the poverty', you'd think she'd learn not to be so over indulgent with fancy homewares, clothes, shoes, phones, expensive rent etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Just saw this posted on Twitter, too much info to make it real, but it amused meView attachment 286938
Don’t want to get all ‘Manhunt’ but I’m sure somebody mentioned on a previous thread about Jack’s twatty use of ‘I’d wager’. Wouldn’t surprise me if she was doing a Clemmie.

ETA There is nothing I want more than to get all Manhunt. In every walk of life.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Omg all this carry on is mortifying, I will never recover from the cringe about her trying to make herself seem hard for bailiffs? Daddy the working classes are at the door, the oiks, the only language they understand is one of violence, transfer me some money to make them go away please papa we beg of you! 🥺

For anyone triggered by her @myfrugalyear on Insta is a fab resource about personal finance & mental health, she’s paying down huge debt but you don’t need to be to gain something from her. It’s people like Jack who perpetuate these bs notions that all debt is bad and shameful, when it’s managed and good value (eg not a 50% AER?) it’s nothing more than a tool for living? Very few people can afford to pay outright in cash, and if you can there’s the opportunity cost of having that lump sum of cash in your account so you may not want to anyway? There is no shame in debt what so ever but she should be absolutely ashamed on her salary she’s not capable of managing to meet her fixed outgoings because she’s a greedy little Cotswolds goblin.

FWIW I suspect she genuinely is skint, a mixture of a huge tax bill from last year she’s not accrued for in financial year, or this, plus a second set of huge tax bills related to the boom of work she had this year. And then you’ve got huge fixed outgoings that no one sane would have signed up for as a serial engagement breaker.
Agree about My Frugal Year, her book is a really good tool too.

I don’t think there’s a single person on here who isn’t pissed off (understatement) with Jack, even more so at the moment. She’s awful, truly awful. I’m on ESA and have been for about 4 years for real diagnosed conditions (take note Jack) I’ve recently been diagnosed with a mental disorder
Schizophrenia
and I’ve gone back to University to try and get a decent job in my field when I’m done. The point is, I’m so ridiculously skint at the moment, I can’t pay all my bills - which is messing with my mental health a bit, which in turn is affecting my studies AND I’m trying to move house but not once have I used any of that as an excuse. I’ve not asked anyone for help, I’m trying to work it out myself and I’ve still donated food to food banks because there are plenty that need it more than me.

Then I look at Jack pretending to be ill and poor and I just want to spit, she angers me so much. I have less than £20 a week to spend on food at the moment but I have a good base, herbs, spices etc and I eat as bloody well as I can but it’s not enough to live on long term. Things need replacing along the way, then what? I’m vegetarian, I have 3 cats, I share 2 weekly custody of my 17 year old daughter with her dad and she eats us both out of house and home bless her 😂 Jack is a bleeping idiot for promoting this, she hates poor people - she must do to do this.

So sorry for the long me me me rant, I just needed to vent. As you were Frausters (not to be confused be fraudsters -see also: Jack Monroe).

• Heart
Reactions: 86
Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Next thread title!

(may need to be cut down a little bit)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Don’t want to get all ‘Manhunt’ but I’m sure somebody mentioned on a previous thread about Jack’s twatty use of ‘I’d wager’. Wouldn’t surprise me if she was doing a Clemmie.

ETA There is nothing I want more than to get all Manhunt. In every walk of life.
I really don't think it is Jack, simply because Jack would never encourage anyone to doubt her poverty tales.

If she wanted to drum up sympathy, she'd be more likely to have her 'cousin' go "yeah, I hate that bleeping lesbian leftie tattooed scumbag". Something ridiculously OTT that anyone would find appalling.

It seems more like something one of our banned Tattlers might do. 😕

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
On her Insta she’s saying to Nigella she’s looking forward to seeing her next week?
Step away Nigella, you are a national treasure, but as the saying goes you lie down with dogs, you get fleas

Relax - Mom is appearing on Saturday Kitchen. She will meet just one half of the "cheeky little duo" unless Jack storms the studio uninvited for the bantz.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
And she dropped close to £3,000 on her little jaunt to Edinburgh. Over £300 on the first class one-way luxury sleeper up there alone. Several hundred more on the plush serviced-accommodation she stayed in. Lots of cash dropped up there on stuff she bought. Then she was “recalled” back home and had to get a last-minute first class ticket back home. (I mean, you couldn’t expect our Jackie to go economy in case she has to mingle with the povs, that wouldn’t be acceptable to our Jack at all).
From the (exaggerated) stack of letters I’d bet she’s been buying up a lot of stuff on credit. 😬 if she’s in a bad financial situation she only has herself to blame. She’s had many well paying career opportunities, large lump sums and multiple income streams. she is not worthy of anyone’s charity.

Reactions: 39
Absolutely appalling thing for Jack to say, especially given certain news headlines that were discussed in these threads recently.

I honestly didn't think she could sink lower than taking £20 of someone's winter fuel allowance, and yet here we are.

I can't bring myself to read her tweets, but am I right in gathering from posts here that she's having a complete and utter meltdown, PTSD, having an autopsy performed on her while she is alive, etc, etc and so on and so forth BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE DISCUSSING CHILD POVERTY AND MOBILISING TO TACKLE IT?

Sorry for shouting, I just can't get my head around this bleep or her followers at all tonight.

duck up love. Seriously.
how the duck is she twisting it to make herself the victim? I don't know how many time it has been said here, and on other places, her pretend living off a tiny budget is harmful to people who really are on a tiny budget, and she never says anything when some Jackolyte posts to thank her for showing the poor how to budget..

I can see her bleeping strategy, because she uses it all the time when she misreads the room.

First, morph into Inane Jack and questions about best ever sweeties, or cats v dogs poll. Next Manic Pixie Jack causing chaos, tee hee hee, then Sad, very sad Jack with her asd, adhd, RA, ptsd and 'I used to be poor, very poor'. Finally, when she has Judged her duck up has been forgotten, there is angry Jack bravely attacking the trolls, tories, anyone who questions her narrative etc.

Every. bleeping. Time. It is Iike she has a tick list.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Agree about My Frugal Year, her book is a really good tool too.

I don’t think there’s a single person on here who isn’t pissed off (understatement) with Jack, even more so at the moment. She’s awful, truly awful. I’m on ESA and have been for about 4 years for real diagnosed conditions (take note Jack) I’ve recently been diagnosed with a mental disorder
Schizophrenia
and I’ve gone back to University to try and get a decent job in my field when I’m done. The point is, I’m so ridiculously skint at the moment, I can’t pay all my bills - which is messing with my mental health a bit, which in turn is affecting my studies AND I’m trying to move house but not once have I used any of that as an excuse. I’ve not asked anyone for help, I’m trying to work it out myself and I’ve still donated food to food banks because there are plenty that need it more than me.

Then I look at Jack pretending to be ill and poor and I just want to spit, she angers me so much. I have less than £20 a week to spend on food at the moment but I have a good base, herbs, spices etc and I eat as bloody well as I can but it’s not enough to live on long term. Things need replacing along the way, then what? I’m vegetarian, I have 3 cats, I share 2 weekly custody of my 17 year old daughter with her dad and she eats us both out of house and home bless her 😂 Jack is a bleeping idiot for promoting this, she hates poor people - she must do to do this.

So sorry for the long me me me rant, I just needed to vent. As you were Frausters (not to be confused be fraudsters -see also: Jack Monroe).
Sorry to go off topic (and shout out to the food and drink thread come over there for a chat!) but please ask your uni about financial aid / crisis grants, I know it’s a daunting prospect but honestly they have budget set aside to help students and your circumstances more than warrant it! I used it at uni for far less legit circumstances than you (train fare was ruinous tbh, they price anything to London at business man rates) and they were SO lovely, kind, non judgmental. I thought they’d be like oh but you dared to have a takeaway February 3rd 😡 but they really weren’t. It’s in their best interests you thrive, they literally have budget for it, and I was told (back in the day) that there were so few low income students that usually they ended up not even spending the money set aside for them so do not feel funny about doing this x also well done / good luck with uni you smart frau xx

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Off topic, but I feel like you should be exempt from the “comment too short” rule. I honestly love how skilled you are at saying so much with so little.
If I was her I was ask my new followers to support kids at the minute. I am sure she is getting enough to get by and if not speak to someone ( official) who can help. She needs to sort her own money out . Children do not have that luxury.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.