Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She doesn't have insurance you fools, her ADH or autism make buying it impossible, how many times does she have to tell us (apologies, I can't remember which ailment it was that impacts in insurance buying)
Being an absolute waster constantly trying to ruin your life and blaming everyone but yourself?

That condition.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Letting her bills pile up like that means she is her own worst enemy.

When I first had my child I got a bill for something that was an overpayment ( so not my fault) I panicked phoned my mum and she said,

Ring them explain your situation and ask for a payment plan. You can pay back X amount you can afford a month and they will leave you be.

I did this and they did.

My mum said never bury your head in the sand when it comes to bills of you talk to them an explaim stuff they will help.

Reactions: 41
Is PTSD a new one for the ailments list? Does she mean Please Transfer Significant Donations? How about Put The Sausages Down, Jack. Also stop using your various self-diagnosed afflictions as a crutch to excuse you from being a whiny morally bankrupt entitled viper.

Can't wait for her two-trip Asda marauding tomorrow. I've got my abacus (that I carry everywhere I go) ready 🧐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
All her followers wishing her luck and "oh if only I was there to help!" re: sorting out her bills.

No matter what certain photos would have you believe, she's 32 years old FFS. She's a mother, a published author, the director of her own company. Nobody pats me on the back when I successfully pay my rent or bravely manage to go to work. 😕

Can't wait for her two-trip Asda marauding tomorrow. I've got my abacus (that I carry everywhere I go) ready 🧐
Sorry, tomorrow has been reserved for BILL SORTING. I suppose this means no Asda. Maybe Ocado had a slot open?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Grunking, so apologies if I've missed something huge in the last 20 mins (we know how Jack loves her late-night chaoses!)

"It tears a hole out of you that nothing can ever fill"

I thought she had a drawer full of things to help with that?

Also, that tweet vomit. bleeping hell. How much will be deleted by the morning? I try never to make light of people's claimed mental health problems - I suffer with depression/anxiety myself and have close family who've had PTSD so I know how debilitating it can be - but the way she describes her lasting trauma, you'd think she'd served in Afghanistan or spent decades as a first responder, not been on benefits for a few months. A situation she apparently could have removed herself and SB from at any moment, no less.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Jackie has become so boring. I don’t think even she can think of another variation of “I need money, but won’t work “
How long before people see the scamming she carries out?
She should be prosecuted for fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Fucks same, my time of being exceptionally hard up does not define who I am now. I am so lucky. I am still careful about splashing money on shite. I could never beg the way she does, have some bleeping self respect

We went on a lovely holiday a few years ago, and as we were watching the waves crash, and being served drinks we looked at each other, and my oh said when you used to hide from the bailiffs did you ever think we would be able to do this? And my answer was no. I appreciated every moment of that holiday.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
That's the thing we rarely talk about it unless it comes up in the media or a general chat of do you remember when? We have when we meet up together.

We don't hold scars, my mum just says well it's just what needed done. She has a very nice life now financially. Shes still not loaded but she's content.
Exactly. I admit that there is a sense of shame when you have debt but as time has passed I can recognise that I was very young and was put in a tit situation. There’s nothing to feel ashamed about, it doesn’t define me at all.
If anything it’s made me more empathetic to others who are in a hard place.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Sorry, tomorrow has been reserved for BILL SORTING. I suppose this means no Asda. Maybe Ocado had a slot open?
No, Jack would NEVER give up on doing something shortly after announcing it. Any day now we'll get beige postcards, the secret cake ingredient, livers, anchoïade, pistachio milk, the explanation for the sideboard pictures...

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I’ve just been reading MR’s Twitter feed. He’s been trying to give individual mentions to the local initiatives to help feed children in half term to acknowledge their contributions. He’s mobilised people to bloody well DO SOMETHING rather than witter about it.

He’s used his platform to make a difference. Imagine how proud his mum must be.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Just as you think she can’t go any lower - she does - amazing.
I imagine a lot of that pile is delivery notes for goods, online food deliveries. It’s no one else’s fault if you briefly had a good income and spunked it away and can’t get used to it dropping. That’s not poverty.

My MIL grew up living in a single room in extreme poverty. . The bathroom was shared in the hall. There were 9 of them. They eventually moved and things improved over time of course.
Guess what - she got over it! In fact one of the issues we had with her in old age is she only wanted to buy exactly the food she needed as she was too used to shopping most days. She hated having too much in. She wasn’t scared of running out.

Reactions: 37
Marcus Rashford is a Jack Monroe with talent, intelligence, empathy, morals, spine, courage, stamina...

Oh, duck off, squiggle; the only thing that they've got in common is that they're both human.
Is she even that tho

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.