Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t she just the biggest pain in the bleeping arse on the planet. Those letters are akin to her faux black eye. Where the hell does it stop Jack? The attention seeking is through the roof at the moment, one ridiculous thing doesn’t work - try another. Seriously, duck off and get a job you lazy mare. It’s not the responsibility of the public to pay for your sideboards, Ocado deliveries or (if you believe the latest bullshit) her bills.

Edited to say: this makes me sound like I’m against the Welfare State, absolutely not. I’m against Jack conning money out of people by pretending to be poor. Benefits are rightly there for those in need of them. The only reason she won’t claim is not because it triggers her but because she earns and has too much money and yet these absolute dimwits believe every word that comes out of her lying mouth. Mannn I’m angry tonight!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Oh christ. She literally just pours a tin of tomatoes over some raw sausages. That's it. It's like a spoof 😭
I haven’t seen this video in a while, but when I did, those were my exact thoughts 😱🤣

It's this..
Still too short.
It's bleeping this..
Naaah, you mean echolalia, which is all about repeating words. I have a hyperlexic kid and I’ve never seen any similarities with Jack 😄

Both are autistic traits btw.

Reactions: 22
Pretty sure 99% of that is bank statements and junk Mail the back of the envelopes are a massive give away
No one gets that amount of post anymore. Come on!

Edit: All my bills are online now, we pretty much only get mailshot and parcels these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
I know it isn't funny but can someone post that man on the beach fishing gif. It would bring me great joy after the rage of reading these bleeping poor fishing tweets.
i know the one you mean, but I couldn’t find it 🥺 so you stuck with the cheap version

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I walked up to my sisters every other day (only 10 minutes away, to be fair), for 7 months, with my washing in tow, so I could save for a new one when I was on my arse with terrible credit and no other option. Also, washed stuff in the sink and wore things probably a day past their best (as well as pyjamas a lot on days off!). Not crying about it now though....it seems like another lifetime ago. Still, I haven’t got all the poverty diseases on top of SEVERE ADHD/SEVERE AUTISM, to constantly remind me. Or the enormous clutter of poor choices in spending now to haunt me of my bad choices.
Our boiler broke, and for over a year I washed in cold water on a morning as there was no one about to do what you had to do to have hot water (see below). We also had no heating.

To have hot water you had to have someone with the boiler cover off, you turned the water on and shouted tap on , they moved a peg and shouted boiler on, when you had enough you shouted boiler off please, they then moved the peg, shouted boiler off at which point you could turn the tap off. The kids thought it was a great game and were amazed other people didn't do this for a hot bath. How crazy is that? And we just used to sit wrapped up in blankets on a night to keep warm (couldn't have afforded to put it on if it had worked)

In the end our son told my mother in law (an amazingly wonderful women) when she came to baby sit. She was an astute woman and tackled me about it as oh would have said it was fine.

She rolled up next week with an envelope of cash and told us a buy a new one, I was so lucky that I had support like that many don't

• Heart
Reactions: 57
.... Jack's raging about her PTSD from a very brief experience of "poverty" is just not ringing true.

My lovely friend in the homeless accommodation is in a huge hole financially, but he's the most upbeat cheerful person who just gets on with it and takes such joy in just getting on with his life.

There's no gnashing, wailing and clawing at the floor.

Yes, it's tit for him, but it doesn't define him.

When he was living in "homeless" B&B accommodation, the breakfast every day was toast with " egg n beans".... maybe the owner had one of jackie's books. :unsure: 😂 :unsure:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I feel no qualms this evening in calling her an utter bleep.

She has taken a picture of junk mail, cosplaying for her followers who will oblige because they are kind, decent people, even if I may feel they lack basic critical thinking skills. Many people are fooled by this bleep.

What saddens me is she is exactly the sort of grifter my dearly departed granny would have given money to. My granny who lived her life in rural poverty, and then part of the urban working class, who taught me so much about nutrition and kindness, would have given this twit £20 because she always said children should never suffer because of their parents.

To beg for money in this way, at this moment, is beyond foul. She is stealing food from hungry children's mouths.

bleeping bleep.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
About 11 years ago my daughters dad walked out on us when she was a baby. He left us in debt and me to cover it. I remember when the lady at the citizens advice said that I would have to move as no benefits would cover my rent (a 2 bed) as I didn’t need two separate bedrooms for 2 of us. I had to go back to work early, I had to move, I had bailiffs once, I had to sell stuff (mine) to pay for dinner that night. But do you know what, it was a couple of tit years before I’d sorted out my life. Things are tough at times but so much easier. And do you know what, I don’t give it a second thought now. We are more than our finances.
That's the thing we rarely talk about it unless it comes up in the media or a general chat of do you remember when? We have when we meet up together.

We don't hold scars, my mum just says well it's just what needed done. She has a very nice life now financially. Shes still not loaded but she's content.

Reactions: 31
She really has excelled herself tonight. Not one word about her son. What’s this Marcus guy’s charity thingy about again?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
This tweet epitomises 95% of her followers.
“Desperately, achingly middle class” - is that you, Jack?

I don’t really understand the question. Are they afraid of wasting good money on food that is too FANCY for poor people to eat? Do they not realise that food bank users are hardly going to be fussy? If that’s their opinion of the impoverished then just get some bags of pasta and sauce jars and be done with it :rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: 38
Re the 'this tit never stops strangling you in your sleep' tweet. I cannot believe that if that was how she really felt she would (horse) spunk so much money on expensive furniture and clothes. For that remark to be true I do not think that it is her brief time struggling THEN that is causing it but perhaps possible debt struggles NOW. If some of those letters were from debt collectors or credit card bills perhaps it is debt that is keeping her awake at night. Do the Cotswold Company do finance I wonder?! 🤔 All speculation of course m'lud.

Reactions: 38
Let's not forget the timeline:

Jack leaves fire service: 2011 (not sure of the month; year confirmed by court records. SB was born end of March 2010, she left sometime after returning from maternity leave. Is UK maternity leave 1 year?)
Jack writes for the Guardian for the first time: July 2013

By her own account (told in countless articles), she spent 18 months on benefits. That looks like two winters, based on the timeline.

During that time she developed severe, apparently untreatable PTSD and several physical ailments from living in a freezing house.

I've never been to Essex, but the climate there must be bleeping awful.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
My mum told me recently that her washing machine seal broke when we were kids and she got a bicycle puncture repair kit and repaired it with that because she literally had no money to buy a new one.
We used a pair of shoe laces when the belt on the dryer went

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.