Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she was pretty anti Corbyn too. She also briefly flirted with the WEP. And gave actual SPEECHES for the pro-Indy Scottish Green party, and the SNP too, despite admitting to actively campaigning against independence with sock puppet accounts (Benedict Cumberscotch? OK pal). I'm baffled at the support she still gets from certain quarters of twitter. Basically she'll 'support' anyone who will give her a quick buck for telling her ~story~ but she'll ultimately back the British state because that's what she is - an establishment Britnat who boasts about being 'military around the edges'.
I think this is why she makes us all so angry. She has no real conviction about anything and believes that if she shouts loud enough on twitter/the guardian/Edinburgh fringe stage then no one will see behind her barking, the deeply inconsistent and flawed messages she is sending. Unfortunately, in the current times of rapid social media engagement, not many people have the time or inclination to spot these inconsistencies.

It is appalling what she is doing at the moment but not surprising. My hackles were originally raised when she was transitioning and then the backtracking on veganism did me in. Now, the way she peddles ADHD and ASD is sickening..... it is reductive and insensitive to those who live with the conditions everyday.

I am sorry for an oft-repeated rant. An education-heavy household leads to heavy shoulders.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Yeah precisely - this aspect of her should never be overlooked. Like it's all very well for us to try to make sense of her politics or indeed anything she says at any given moment but we're attempting to apply intelligence where there is none, it's a futile battle.
Her childlike responses during the discussion with the blue ticker really highlighted this

Would also like to add there is nothing wrong with being ‘thick’, even if it is partially wilful. However, she should stay out of politics because she just ends up harming the cause she is supposed to be fighting for. It seems like she can get away with pretending to be a lot of things online - a freakishly young-looking cook with extremely charitable friends - but intelligence can’t be faked. I think she may be too deluded to see that

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I’m more shocked that she didn’t use Bendydick Cumbersnatch, was it taken?
Scotch is a drink, Scottish is a people. Why would Jack not use a name which directly insults Scottish people when she's actively campaigning against the wishes of about 49% of them from the comfort of her Southend bungalow? #politics

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
OMFG! Unbelievable. Ok, quick competition using a gem from that vid, finish this:
“Jack’s Golden Rule:.....”
Vlad will handsomely reward the best one. 🤣
“Jack’s Golden Rule...was a GIFT FROM A FRIEND”

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Thread title suggestion riffing of #93, Jack Monroe #94 I can believe she's so bitter

• Haha
Reactions: 27
View attachment 285577
What

A

Coward.

Do it all in my name, making sure my twitter handle stays in the tweets so when this is all written up I receive equal credit for doing sweet duck all.

I stupidly thought she might have actually decided this looks bad so she’d stay quiet but she can’t help herself, she’s addicted.
My mentals are shooketh too Jack...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Scotch is a drink, Scottish is a people. Why would Jack not use a name which directly insults Scottish people when she's actively campaigning against the wishes of about 49% of them from the comfort of her Southend bungalow? #politics
You're forgetting that she once had a milkshake at Five Guys in Edinburgh, thus making her officially Scottish. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 54
JM is likely to rattle the wrong cage one of these days, remember celebrity psychiatrist Raj Persaud when he upset the Scientologists, they had people examining everything he had ever written until they got something to disgrace him. Others would not need to dig so deep for JM.

edited to correct Raj's profession
I’m sorry this is shamelessly off topic, but I just had a flashback seeing Dr Raj - can anyone remember him having a column in a magazine - possibly Mizz or More?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The only person fit to run the country is her... Well that's how she sees it. I can just imagine in her fantasy her informing her colleagues to eat the slop she invents from her cookbooks in order to balance the books. Politicans should be better and dividing the pot, but I cannot see anything she has to add being relevant.

Reactions: 16
Meddling in our (Scottish) politics always gave me cheeky arrogant bastard vibes. That's you Jack just in case you didn't realise.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.