Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spanner, respectfully I say that if Jack was to apply for and achieve a job at Asda or any supermarket she must not be humiliated to be seen

This is for two reasons, mainly that there is no shame (I'm guessing you didn't mean that anyway but were talking about her likely reaction.)

Second reason is that she could take the lead, profess how pleased she is to have a job and how she always said her back up plan was supermarket work and she's looking forward starting.

Though her personality is not my cup of tea (I'd run a mile), she can clearly charm the birds out of trees, on good days
Yes, she can charm the birds out the trees, that was kind of my point. And it *could* work for her. I was being sarcastic but maybe that didn’t come across

For the avoidance of doubt, I don’t think supermarket work is humiliating, I’ve done it myself. I don’t think any work is humiliating at all. Some jobs are not what people dream about as a kid but it’s great to earn your own money if you can.

I was following the tabloid narrative of Katie Jarvis (I looked her name up - Fishtank, Eastenders) when the papers got to print photos of her working in B&M, go “wow, what happened to her then” and then all the blue tick actors leap to her defence & talk about the jobs they had waitressing, cleaning, stacking shelves etc. A weeks work and then getting to bask in the kind words of the famous. And then she could say working there was a security concern and she had to step down. I mean, I was only making a joke, but it’s definitely “an angle”

• Heart
Reactions: 26
These two remain.
5DA14E8C-529C-44E3-B20F-933AA7A75791.jpeg
6378794E-D90A-4665-B3CD-F85259008E12.jpeg

*weak high five that misses because insomnia is tit*

In her likes. Can’t make it true just by reading it for long enough, Jack.
4DD9CF77-8FB0-482B-BA45-E1A5CE44BC80.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
LOL no she's hating it because someone she can't initiate a pile-on towards is stealing her ~niche~.
This is bang-on. Am sure it’s already been said, these comments are coming thick and fast, and as rotten as it sounds but the thought did cross my mind that her tired old excuse for the success of others, the ‘typical old white man’ argument that she loves to pull out, just can not be used on this occasion. It must be soul-destroying for her. But it’s wonderful that she’s being forgotten, reading about MR is a breath of fresh air what an inspirational guy he is, long may he continue and at the expense of charlatans like Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
At least the bungalow will be nice and toasty this morn what with the steam billowing from Monroe's ears like a whistling kettle all night. Can't sleep because she's broken indeed. More like she's wondering if there will be any charity left for her on Sunday after she spends her whole bloody day garnering donations for herself. She must be cursing whoever sent the shopping trolley to her manager 🤣 surely she's gonna have to use it or they'll be asking where it is?! How's she gonna moan about her back now??

ETA would like to add another appreciation post for MR who has simply got on with the task in hand and got hungry children fed. He certainly hasn't been without criticism. Unbelievable amount of attention raised, and for all the right reasons.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
View attachment 286017
Of course, this was all deleted.
Never thought my insomnia would come in so useful :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 286020
She literally says 'they' subsidised their own meals in her original tweet. Is she stupid?!
...or, those of us who have payed our taxes do. (Monroe, at last reckoning, was late with her tax return)

The point being made is a fair one, for the record. Very much like the same government whogave themselves a pay rise whilst the rest of the country was in recession, it is not revolutionary to point this out but it is fanciful, and typical of Monroe, to be so dismissive of others whilst handily forgetting her own indiscretions.

Imagine being so simple and impressionable, that you would imagine that sound nutritional advice begins and ends within the pages that Monroe has scraped together between selfies, photoshop, afternoon naps, a Twitter addiction and furniture shopping..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
If she’s so angry about what’s going on in the world she could always take some time to do the list of small businesses to buy from that she promised? That would be a really useful and helpful thing to do. Or she could post that bleeping secret ingredient.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
View attachment 286017
Of course, this was all deleted.
She's right - she's been giving the same talk for 7 years, which was never going to change anything. Only a total narc would think that the power of her own words and her own false narrative repeated over and over again would make a difference. A moment of clarity, Jack! Meanwhile, Marcus *is* actively changing things and that's what's really grating your mushrooms, man.
Am sorry but also grateful for your insomnia @lilamay!

• Heart
Reactions: 60
If she’s so angry about what’s going on in the world she could always take some time to do the list of small businesses to buy from that she promised? That would be a really useful and helpful thing to do. Or she could post that bleeping secret ingredient.
Or she could amend her stuffing recipe.

Or she could find the pistachio milk (RIP)

Or she could upload photos and recipes for everything she has eaten this week.

Or she could post out beige postcards.

And, obviously, there are two books to write.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Those that comment under her posts really are quite slow on the uptake aren’t they? Name one action she’s done or has instigated to be done in the last year? I can’t think of anything decent she’s done in the last 10, it’s all been book sales and short lived brand deals hasn’t it? I suppose lifetime membership for the Groucho is the ultimate grift and worth applauding...

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Or she could amend her stuffing recipe.

Or she could find the pistachio milk (RIP)

Or she could upload photos and recipes for everything she has eaten this week.

Or she could post out beige postcards.

And, obviously, there are two books to write.
Comedy Kitchen

Exclusive Patreon posts

Alcohol free Kombucha whiskey

Hand over her platform to POC activists

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Woefully off topic but does anyone else who isn’t Scottish hear the thread title in a Scottish accent? Or is it just me? Probably just me eh? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
First post, been lurking since DKL. I first came to this site after reading about JM’s pile on of That Man, thinking what an entitled brat she was and googling her. Anyway, just wanted to say what a brilliant job you’re all doing, you regularly make me hoot up a lung. Also, I spotted this first thing. Since deleted

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
She's right - she's been giving the same talk for 7 years, which was never going to change anything. Only a total narc would think that the power of her own words and her own false narrative repeated over and over again would make a difference. A moment of clarity, Jack! Meanwhile, Marcus *is* actively changing things and that's what's really grating your mushrooms, man.
Am sorry but also grateful for your insomnia @lilamay!
How is she yet to understand that the “rage and fury” doesn’t achieve anything? MR has one clear goal and has been calm, consistent and taken action.
Absolutely anything she does comes back to her, even the food bank tips. “When I was a food bank user” - It’s not about you Jack!
The only campaign she’s fighting for is to bag herself the forever home.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
Woefully off topic but does anyone else who isn’t Scottish hear the thread title in a Scottish accent? Or is it just me? Probably just me eh? 😂
Not just you (English, but live in Scotland). Much like the time I turned Sky News on one morning, still half-asleep, to hear someone talking about a coup in some country and wondering why that country's farming practices had made the news over here before waking up a bit and realising they meant overthrown government rather than dairy animal!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
First post, been lurking since DKL. I first came to this site after reading about JM’s pile on of That Man, thinking what an entitled brat she was and googling her. Anyway, just wanted to say what a brilliant job you’re all doing, you regularly make me hoot up a lung. Also, I spotted this first thing. Since deleted
She just wanted to bring up the fact she contributed to the 2014 Feeding Britain report, didn't she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Imagine banging the same old sweary, ranting, obnoxious drum for 6 years and achieving nothing - only for a young personable black man to come and turn your “life’s work” around in a matter of months. There has to be a lesson there for her, surely to goodness.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.