Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What on Earth was that in response to?

Do her sycophants even read her tweets.
She has been feeding her son the worst quality sausages and bacon currently available, while he may be happy to eat them because they taste great to a child brought up on his mother's questionable chickpea and peach curry, she should know better

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
The only person fit to run the country is her... Well that's how she sees it. I can just imagine in her fantasy her informing her colleagues to eat the slop she invents from her cookbooks in order to balance the books. Politicans should be better and dividing the pot, but I cannot see anything she has to add being relevant.
Of course. She will be “recommending changes. At policy level”.

Yeah amazing Jack. I would love to hear these. And even better, your ideas on how to action them without running the country completely into the ground.

It’s been said a few times but mentally, she’s a particularly conceited 6th former.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
@Walkdengirl thank you... I felt a bit icky using it when I could have managed but it’s a really lovely gesture from the school. I’ve emailed the pupil premium teacher to say thank you!

Off the back of the vote, I’ve seen people in my town offering to make lunches for children and even pubs/restaurants giving out healthy lunchboxes for free. People are finally calling out our local Tory MP who voted no. Maybe some good can come out of this week 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 58
She could maybe do what Uncle Matthew did in Nancy Mitford's The Pursuit of Love: write down the names on a piece of paper and stick them in drawers as a sort of magical working - she has enough spare sideboard drawers, I should think.
The axe could surely double as an entrenching tool if the need arose! 🪓

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Wow! I guess it wasn’t as much of an inconsistency as I’d first realised. It makes more sense to me now when you explain it. I have ADHD, I should know this anyway!!! 🙈 I’m genuinely impressed by you getting, and keeping things organised.
Sadly, the drawers are the only things that are tidy! I do fall apart without an organisational structure.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hopefully her inability to contribute meaningfully to this movement that Marcus Rashford is building will be a serious wake up call for her.

She is tweeting saying she has to step away because the conversation is messing her up mentally. Fair enough (though is it the conversation messing her up or the fact she has nothing of significance to say?), but then it makes it difficult / impossible for her to be an "anti-poverty campaigner" if she is going to crumple every time the topic is discussed.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, so to speak. Give up campaigning as it damages your health so badly. Find an alternative career that doesn't mess with your mentals.

Leave it to Marcus. He's got it covered.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Meddling in our (Scottish) politics always gave me cheeky arrogant bastard vibes. That's you Jack just in case you didn't realise.
I went off a lot of celebrities and actors around the time of the Referendum thanks to their meddling with open letters and such.

Reactions: 17
admirable. i watched it with sound off
There would actually be a lot of mileage in her doing this. Remember when that girl who used to be in Eastenders was photographed working as security in a discount store? Jack could do one week at Asda and then give interviews about her work on the front line of food-getting and how tough and humiliating it was being recognised, but she’ll stoically carry on.

Jack, you can have this as free PR advice but I am a professional and I do also have a day rate for this kind of thing *rattles newly-set up Patreon*
Spanner, respectfully I say that if Jack was to apply for and achieve a job at Asda or any supermarket she must not be humiliated to be seen

This is for two reasons, mainly that there is no shame (I'm guessing you didn't mean that anyway but were talking about her likely reaction.)

Second reason is that she could take the lead, profess how pleased she is to have a job and how she always said her back up plan was supermarket work and she's looking forward starting.

Though her personality is not my cup of tea (I'd run a mile), she can clearly charm the birds out of trees, on good days

Reactions: 15
I can't get over her actually posting that she couldn't sleep last night because she'd re-read the scathing essay she wrote. *That's* what affected her? Her own purple prose fiction? And she would admit it out loud? How she was so affected by her own words? I mean COME ON.
I know, how embarrassing. If she'd said something like, "I feel empathy and a renewed desire to be part of change, and I was sleepless with you all last night", she would have stepped in the right direction. But, she didn't because, Jack BINGO (sleepless! heater turned off!) is the only game in town for Jack

Reactions: 36
She attracts some really rude, arrogant and judgmental people as fans. Not sure if this was always the case but I'm noticing it a lot now.
Yes, even I have noticed this despite not being on Twitter. Just looking at the screenshots is alarming. It’s as though she is doing their dirty work for them.
Encouraging her. It’s a fallacy that all her followers are friends in my opinion. Sometimes it looks like she is being trolled, as though the more she is applauded the more chaos ensues and it’s entertaining for some who don’t actually support her at all.
Very sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm playing catch up but I'm just in time to screech that this working class prodigy act is really grating my mushrooms/mincing my fat garlic/grinding my POBP.

It's wearing very thin; approximately how much "sport" could even be had by people at the same table asking which uni she went to?

Someone needs to tell her Doolittle is spelled with a double o, it's not Do Little.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Suspect busying herself with tidying (her cutlery drawers?) was the best / only way to prevent another JO shaped clanger. But worse as it’s wholly charitable and from a bloke doing a LOT for kids, not just lining his house with painted pine furnishings.

She’s sort of fucked now tattle exists because whenever she behaves erratically google searches for us spike (anyone can see this on google trends, the black eye is her most recently searched about event). So she daren’t bring people to our door. Tbh she daren’t bring people to google full stop 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Untitled 5.png

Of course, this was all deleted.
Never thought my insomnia would come in so useful :ROFLMAO:

Untitled 6.png

She literally says 'they' subsidised their own meals in her original tweet. Is she stupid?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.