Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank duck Marcus Rashford didn’t just whine on twitter that paying your taxes should be enough.

The day after the election last December I still followed Jack (up until about May this year I eye-rolled at her but had no huge opinions). That day she tweeted a lovely thing saying how terrible it was but that we’d all look after each other. At the time I eye-rolled that her main suggestion was that she’d sign every petition possible but she was also loosely saying donate to charities, food-banks, look after your community etc. It was obviously a version of what everyone was saying that day (probably copied and pasted from a comment someone with an ounce of intelligence made).

I remember it because I, like most left-leaning people, was absolutely bleeping devastated by that Tory majority. I’d never really considered myself to be an activist before that day. I’d campaigned at most elections & I donated, signed petitions etc but so many did (and do) so much more. I kind of presumed that Jack was one of those people. As I cried (and made as many donations as possible to food banks and homeless charities) that day I made the decision to try and be more active politically by engaging with local politics/politicians, attending meetings etc & I’ve done it. It’s not much but it’s all I can do with the time that I have. All seemed lost that day and on many days it still seems lost. But the one thing it made me realise was that, whilst you may be powerless nationally, you’re not necessarily powerless locally.

I’m sorry that was long and a bit self-indulgent (if only I had 3 therapists on speed dial). It just really frustrates me. In the space of under a year Jack has gone from effectively telling people to mobilise locally to telling people it’s all the government’s responsibility. Of course it’s the government’s bleeping responsibility! But this government don’t give a tit. Of course we need to highlight this constantly. We need to shout it from the rooftops. But at the same time we need to feed the kids.

Unlike the majority of us (including me), Jack has a platform. People without a platform can donate/volunteer (obviously only if they have the means/ability to do) & might be able to mobilise a few other people. But they’re limited. Those without a platform that also live in poverty and/or have chronic health problems that mean they can’t give time probably feel even more powerless. Jack has the time & possibly the money to help locally but she also has the platform to help both locally and nationally. She could easily mobilise people to volunteer/donate to places.

Saying that the government should be doing it and not providing real information about how people can actively help isn't good enough. Actively ridiculing people who try to do this is beyond deplorable. She’s gone past the point of futility and into the realms of dangerous.
I don't think Jack is left wing at all despite her saying she is. She's all about herself and her lifestyle which is all about the individual (her) which is quite a Tory mentality really.

I've not really seen her do much for others or draw attention to the plight of others. It's all about HER.

It angers me that she sees herself as being like MR and trying to make out she did exactly what he's doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Yep. She's not been asked back on tv to do cooking things (rest easy, Eamonn, Ruth and Matt), nor has she been asked back to do political things. She's just not going to be asked back, is she? And it's all her own doing.

The brazenness of these tweets back in March though...

View attachment 285028

View attachment 285027

And indeed she DID live to "regret these tweets" as it's what bought me here and I've been here ever since following the lies, the outlandish claims and the sheer bad behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Jack seems plausible if you don't look too closely, and then if you scratch the surface, the whole thing falls apart.
This is why people were taken in initially. I remember seeing her on Sky right at the beginning, talking about how she was poor and writing her blog, and I took her at face value. But then she became uber-political and then changed her image all the time, and jumped onto every bandwagon. Even when she was with Allegra people realised she was a fraud and full of lies - and her reaction was to block everyone.

Totally off-topic, but it's like Devi Sridhar and Covid. She's constantly on TV but she isn't what she says she is. She has no medical/scientific background, comes from privilege, got her position through the Clintons, but she talks a really good game. And when she is questioned she blocks everyone on Twitter. It's a real eye-opener. That's why I google everyone I see on TV. I am pathetic......

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Oh my lord I had never seen those niche tweets as I just dived in without a Grunka!

I love how she refers to cooking with canned goods as 'her thing'. It just shows what a gimmick this poor me cooking on a budget schtick is for her.

She hates people calling their experiences 'a story' but it's okay to refer to it as her niche or her thing? Get to absolute duck.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
It’s crazy but there are apparently people commenting on social media (I haven’t seen it) that he wasn’t as poor as he’s making out, because the Man Utd academy took him earlier than they should have given his family’s financial situation. I don’t know if that’s true but so what if it is? That’s so typical isn’t it, rather than certain quarters giving the boy the credit he deserves, they’d rather discredit him!

Im so impressed he’s seeing the big picture and doing everything he can to help. That is appropriate use of a platform. That is caring. That is helping.
I am pretty sure that it is true, that certainly once it became clear to ManU that he was going to become a good player (from the age of 11 or so) that they would have helped with his family situation. However, he had the years before the team got involved with him.

He lived in Wythenshawe, a really deprived overspill estate in South Manchester bordering affluent areas like Didsbury. He would have been surrounded by poverty and had many friends and neighbours that were struggling with long term financial hardship. He is an amazing person, he has not turned his back on those people, he has given them a voice, whilst also acknowledging his own good fortune and success. That is a difficult path to walk, enjoying your own achievements whilst still being humble enough to help others without looking as though you are doing it for self-aggrandisement. All credit to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 90
This is why people were taken in initially. I remember seeing her on Sky right at the beginning, talking about how she was poor and writing her blog, and I took her at face value. But then she became uber-political and then changed her image all the time, and jumped onto every bandwagon. Even when she was with Allegra people realised she was a fraud and full of lies - and her reaction was to block everyone.

Totally off-topic, but it's like Devi Sridhar and Covid. She's constantly on TV but she isn't what she says she is. She has no medical/scientific background, comes from privilege, got her position through the Clintons, but she talks a really good game. And when she is questioned she blocks everyone on Twitter. It's a real eye-opener. That's why I google everyone I see on TV. I am pathetic......
That was what put me off her initially, the constant image changing. I just thought it was a weird thing to keep doing. Every change seemed to be just that bit more outrageous, and I got a bit sick of it

Reactions: 30
I am happy to be called a conspiracy wanker, but I can also look on Strava and see in 2 minutes that LC started and ended her bike ride on Saturday within a couple of hundred yards of Jack's house.

eta: Louisa if you are lurking here, perhaps you need to lock down your Strava a bit.
Maybe she is restocking the puddle? 🤔

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Tick Tock. It's now almost 2 weeks and 21 other instagram posts ago that she promised the recipe for the vegan cake with the secret ingredient 'very very soon'.

Can't wait to use this time frame at work with my boss.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Oh my lord I had never seen those niche tweets as I just dived in without a Grunka!

I love how she refers to cooking with canned goods as 'her thing'. It just shows what a gimmick this poor me cooking on a budget schtick is for her.

She hates people calling their experiences 'a story' but it's okay to refer to it as her niche or her thing? Get to absolute duck.
Yes it's the hypocrisy I can't stand! David Cameron can't use a 'misty eyed rhetoric' over his late son (aka talk emotionally about his impact and passing) yet Jack "more jam, Mamma?" can?

• Heart
Reactions: 51
How much of the sales of her books goes towards charities such as the Trussell Trust? 🤔 She must donate a percentage of all sales... right?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Yep. She's not been asked back on tv to do cooking things (rest easy, Eamonn, Ruth and Matt), nor has she been asked back to do political things. She's just not going to be asked back, is she? And it's all her own doing.

View attachment 285028

View attachment 285027
Reading this again, it’s actually more embarrassing now than it was then. This toddler tantrum got her DKL and she fucked it up so much with her endless “tech issues”, lack of basic food knowledge and passive aggressive lemon juggling.

Also, “I know my name was in the ring”... it was made by THAT MAN’S production company so why the hell would she have ever been in the running to front it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I am happy to be called a conspiracy wanker, but I can also look on Strava and see in 2 minutes that LC started and ended her bike ride on Saturday within a couple of hundred yards of Jack's house.

eta: Louisa if you are lurking here, perhaps you need to lock down your Strava a bit.
I'm actually a bit disappointed Louisa's been sucked back into Jack's life. She has a really good, interesting job, meets interesting people, etc. Maybe she's too nice and Jack has manipulated her and exploited her good nature.

Reactions: 12
While I was on her instagram I decided to count the different bowls she's used in her photos. There are 21 going down as far as her DKL pictures and that's not including when she keeps them in the pan or puts them in a random jug.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Why is she liking all of his location specific tweets, just retweet them or ignore them. It’s very strange. Who looks at other peoples likes?! (😳)

ETA - I mean Marcus Rashford’s pin drop tweets.

Editing to add again, she’s made potatoes her pinned tweet.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
I truly believe she has tried to shoehorn herself into the whole Rashford deal but has been fucked off out of it.
Somebody with some media wits about them has checked up on her.
Looked into her 'Origin Story'.
Watched her 'chaos' moments and has had a look here.
They've realised she is the absolute kiss of death and want NONE of that near ANYTHING that will do some real good.
As I said before, she makes the middle-class Mum Huns feel good and titillates their 'Bi' fetish.
What they really need to do is donate real money, the clothes their little Charlie and Cherish grow out of and watch the old series of The L Word.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

View attachment 285028

View attachment 285027
This was the beginning of the end for her. What an absolute idiot. Plus didn’t it come out that it was actually Jamie’s idea that he pitched to channel 4? therefore her name would never have come up.

Does anyone know if Louisa liked any of her tweets from this time?

ets: sorry for repeating your comment @NoseyParkour that will teach me not to grunk first.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
It drives me crazy that squiggles keep referring to her food as "healthy" and "nutritious".

1) No it's not. She uses dubious protein, overcooks vegetables, and is always flicking the bean rubbing her wrist over cheap white bread and instant noodles Many of her recipes feature no vegetables at all.

2) Her portion sizes are notoriously small to keep costs down. Short women expend fewer calories than other people, especially when their main form of exercise is Twitter. Her recipes are grossly inadequate for most people.

3) This feeds into a really harmful and pervasive myth that anything homecooked from scratch is automatically better for you. Setting aside whether rinsing spaghetti hoops is really cooking from scratch, this is just not true.

4) Her food is bleeping gross and feeds into another myth, that healthy = nasty. Imagine if someone who is trying to develop healthy habits tried that soup that poor MancBee suffered through? There are 7 billion nicer things to do with fresh cherry tomatoes than drown out their flavour with puree and slimy stuffing mix.

(This is all without touching on the general grossness of "OI POV WHY NOT TRY COOKING HEALTHIER?" Just ffs, her food is NOT healthy, NOT nutritious, and should never be recommended to anyone unless you have a real head ex you wanna duck with)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.