Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t feel sorry for her. The major difference between her and Marcus Rashford is that you go onto his Twitter page and all you can see is his promotion of places that will be helping out with food provision in the half term. It makes you want to do something. Oh great, there’s the Fareshare link, so you can donate. Nice and easy.

And then there’s Jack’s page. Pointless arguments about whether or not food charity should be promoted cos, duh - the government, a pinned tweet of her word vomit, and mindless chitter chatter about her cat and sweets. Yes, she’s done the bare minimum and retweeted Marcus, but her links are to her book, her agent, and her website. That’s her charity. Herrrrrrr.
If she’d post a link people could spend their hard earned cash (winter fuel allowance) on a more worthy cause than a Burberry scarf. I’m feeling so deflated today. She is so wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
campaigning done for the day, we move on back to tidying up plus ailments plus landlady 🥴

View attachment 285146

I wonder if Jack will come across any long-lost Cotswold Co. pieces whilst on her tidying frenzy. Throw us a bone will you Jack, sweetie, and upload a few seemingly innocuous photos to help me out here. We are at 15 items, but I am sure there are still a number of others, including a bathroom sideboard. Don't worry about the cost and weight, I'll do the heavy lifting with the audit and administration. You can use it to estimate 2021 storage / moving costs.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
And she was bleating days later about how she couldn't be expected to be any good having had no presenter training or e experience. My goodness lady do you suppose that might play into who gets massive presenting jobs??
Didn’t she go on TV presenter training a few years ago? And rattled her tip jar to fund a TV pilot?

Here it is. “Funded by myself... but here’s my Paypal so I don’t have to.”
D6E3AD67-7FB5-4D74-96F3-625761386B34.jpeg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Get fucked you spunkbubble.
If you'd done your research properly you will know that AS disorders and ADHD can, and often, present differently in females.
Which is why it takes SO bleeping long for some of us poor bastards to get diagnosed. Decades in some cases.
duck, I hate you today.

ETA.. Grandpa's will is an interesting read.
Spill the tea! 😳

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
She is truly awful. I have her blocked on Twitter. For the very reason that I’d go nutty with her.
I grew up really poor. The stories I could tell. No proper coat in winter etc etc. Food was very basic. And very cheap.
I am fortunate that I have enough money to live on now. And to donate to charities. I could easily write a cook book on how to eat cheaply. No tomato purée with stuffing soup either. 😂
It would be rather fun to set up a website called, say, AntiJ. Each of us - even @Silver Linings and others who say they don't or don't like to cook - could contribute one practical, easy to read recipe. Each recipe could end with "finally, do not photograph the food."

I'm doing a website course at tech atm, so I'll volunteer to set it up! I know SEO is and could get the hits!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
yes, jack, ufyh is a good method. remember how she says the internet will still be here when you get back? now go and do your first 20 mins, and we'll see you for your break! 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If Jack had not had that brief period of financial hardship (I refuse to call it poverty) she wouldn't give a tit about the poor. Scrap that, those tweets show she still doesn't give a tit about the poor. All that she cared about was that she had not been chosen (thank The Lord) to front a show about budget cookery. Not once in those tweets does she mention anything but herself. She was poor, she was suicidal, she was a single mother, she used foodbanks, it was her niche, she slogged away, she was being screwed over. Memememememememememememememememe and me.
Exactly this. If you are passionate about a cause, you don't care who advances that cause. You don't care how things get moved along. You are just pleased that your cause is getting wider exposure.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Bloody hell, does she love talking about herself or what?! It's actually getting hard to read now.
She must be exhausting to listen to in real life. Reminds me of a couple people I know who always talk about themselves and when you’re talking, they’re just waiting for their turn to speak rather than listening.

Reactions: 35
It would be rather fun to set up a website called, say, AntiJ. Each of us - even @Silver Linings and others who say they don't or don't like to cook - could contribute one practical, easy to read recipe. Each recipe could end with "finally, do not photograph the food."

I'm doing a website course at tech atm, so I'll volunteer to set it up! I know SEO is and could get the hits!
I've been thinking over the last couple of days about how unfit for purpose Jack's recipes are. Not just for all the obvious reasons - they're also really badly written, and I feel that any recipes targeted at food bank users should be written in very clear, simple English.

To be clear, I certainly don't believe that all poor people are illiterate; however, someone who struggles with literacy will have a hell of a time dealing with chickpeas bathing in their own ephemera.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I've been thinking over the last couple of days about how unfit for purpose Jack's recipes are. Not just for all the obvious reasons - they're also really badly written, and I feel that any recipes targeted at food bank users should be written in very clear, simple English.

To be clear, I certainly don't believe that all poor people are illiterate; however, someone who struggles with literacy will have a hell of a time dealing with chickpeas bathing in their own ephemera.
Even people who have absolutely no struggle with literacy will have a hell of a time dealing with chickpea ephemera.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Cookingwithoutbootstraps.com

Too short

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Incinerator, eh? Did the landlady finally have enough of her tit?

(Not a death threat, your honour, in case Jack - hi Jack! - misconstrues this post!)
I see Landlady, but my head autocorrects it to Nan. The longer her whining goes on my brain really is beginning to think that her teeny, tiny house is family owned. My spidey senses are tingling🕷

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
If Jack had not had that brief period of financial hardship (I refuse to call it poverty) she wouldn't give a tit about the poor. Scrap that, those tweets show she still doesn't give a tit about the poor. All that she cared about was that she had not been chosen (thank The Lord) to front a show about budget cookery. Not once in those tweets does she mention anything but herself. She was poor, she was suicidal, she was a single mother, she used foodbanks, it was her niche, she slogged away, she was being screwed over. Memememememememememememememememe and me.

She riled me so much yesterday. I was only heartened by the fact that it is obvious that her time in the limelight is coming to an end.

If Louisa is still visiting, and she probably is, it doesn't necessarily mean they are getting back together. I stayed close to a guy I dated for a very short time. His life was a mess and I couldn't cope with him as a partner, but I still loved him and wanted to help him as much as I could. We became like very close siblings, where one is a mess and the other is exasperated but they won't turn their backs on each other. We were best friends and saw each other every day until he died a couple of years ago.
Whenever I read your posts I always think you sound like such an all round lovely, empathetic person, who has had a very interesting life. (Sorry for a quick off topic post)

I’ll bring it back to Jack now, I’m catching up this morning and she’s such a walloper, I’m so glad her tweets from March have been reposted, they were bad enough to begin with but they’ve aged like cheap wet ham. So much second hand cringe.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.