Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely food strategy should involve nutrition as well as cost? Not sure where mayo scrambled eggs fits in TBH.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
We went to Manchester Airport departure lounge, 10 miles away, and then went home! How bad is that? This is where you could be going, but you're not because you are poor. 😂 😂
Just de-lurking to say that I think I can beat that - my school trip was to Sellafield 😳😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
How sad must your life be, how desperate for attention, that you are literally asking for lists of sweets just so you can see those notifications ping on you mobile(s)?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Don't you know she's secretly working on it behind the scenes? But she can't names names or say anything about it!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I wish I knew how to make GIFs. I’m having thoughts of Rowan Atkinson in Love, Actually, fannying about with the gift wrapping. “‘Tis but the work of a moment.” Coupled with the talents of @Alansbigplate I think it’s what Viv would have wanted.
Is it this? Never seen it and I hear it’s tit!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I think by working with him she's sent a few emails begging to be involved and had some polite responses from an admin. Give it a while and she'll never mention it again and when asked say she was dropped through no fault of her own.

Funny how she's been working on this for a year and not mentioned it once now she's working with him and can't discuss it.
I suspect if virtually anyone with a substantial social media following asked to be involved they'd say yes in order to use their followers to spread the word.

Reactions: 21
She isn't a political reporter or a historian so what insight could she possibly think she could bring to the topic?
It’s the same arrogance that makes her think she’s in any way qualified to write a book about poverty.
Although that’s gone very quiet lately hasn’t it.

Reactions: 32
if she has been involved with the national food strategy for over a year, which incidentally, seems to be made up of Tories and business people, you'd expect her to get a mention in their long list of people they've talked to wouldn't you? spoiler: she's not 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
This kind of comment really winds me up. We also pay for teachers, nurses, doctors and heaven forbid you should go on Mumsnet and see the hatred for the former on there.

As if we should be paying for those people to work!!!!

Yes Jack, that is how our society works. I understand that some are paid more than others and you might not agree with the pay structure and think that a nurse should be paid more than an MP, but shouting like a child about how you pay for the tories to eat in the House of Commons restaurant is immature and short-sighted.
Well, if she hasn't paid her tax she hasn't even really done that, has she?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Is it this? Never seen it and I hear it’s tit!

You’re a genius. There’s actually a bit where he says, “‘Tis but the work of a moment” which made me think of our Jackie. And yes, it is tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.