Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Literally every recipe for scrambled eggs I've ever read tells you not to rush or cook them too fast. Again, a common fundamental of cookery.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I think I’ve found the lady who made the donation. I don’t feel confident enough to approach her though.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Do we think Jack really does eat her abominations? If not and it all goes into the bin as suspected, does this not make a mockery of the fact that animals had to suffer in order to produce the food? What a tremendous waste for nothing. I wish Jack cared enough, she should know by now. Also stressed animal = stressed food. The cheaper it is the worse the quality.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I think I’ve found the lady who made the donation. I don’t feel confident enough to approach her though.
You know what might be a good idea? You could perhaps contact the agent / publisher saying something along the lines of 'I don't want to bother Jack with this, but I'm quite concerned about one of her followers who seems to be in some financial dire straits and I'd really like to be able to get her details so that I can give her back the £20 she gave to Jack. Call it my own donation to Jack, if you will! But I can't find her paypal details so perhaps you could get Jack to forward them to me via yourselves'. That way, you're letting agent / publisher know what's going on, and you're making them go to Jack with it but not in a manner which could be seen as overly accusatory, but still lets them all know how lowdown dirty you think she's being.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Me too - she shares a bit too much on twitter doesn't she! Screengrab of Dr appt problem gives her surname and she mentions her home town a fair bit. There is also a thread where she mentions that she doesn't like receiving gifts without knowing who they are from. Maybe this is someone who just can't be helped - she seems to be a person pleaser. To assuage my anger, I'm going to send a fiver to the local foodbank.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
What has she got against heating pans before adding ingredients?
I used to think it was out of consideration for those on gas/electric meters with cards and it would save them a bit of money rather than having to warm up the pan.

However, Jack rarely considers others unless it's for her own benefit, so I'm guessing it's one of her weird cooking 'things' she does with no explanation

Reactions: 19
Do we think Jack really does eat her abominations? If not and it all goes into the bin as suspected, does this not make a mockery of the fact that animals had to suffer in order to produce the food? What a tremendous waste for nothing. I wish Jack cared enough, she should know by now. Also stressed animal = stressed food. The cheaper it is the worse the quality.
I doubt she keeps any of the sloppy creations to eat - the freezer foil containers were nothing but show. I suspect that's why she eats so much crap straight out of the jars or goes through a pack of eggs at a time aka that's her actual diet.

• Sick
Reactions: 23
Jesus I thought tip jar was just a funny that was used on here when she pleads poverty

I didn't realise it's an ACTUAL tip jar 😫

That poor woman that sent her the money

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I was already going to have nightmares, because there's a humungous cockroach in my room, but those eggs have really sealed it 🤢 Half tempted to just stay up, and have a dinosaur nap tomorrow!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.