Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can buy butter for around a pound in farm foods. It lasts for ages. When I worked in a homeless hostel the folk that stayed there would buy butter as they said the taste was soo lovely it was a comfort you can buy or a few quid. Seriously what is her problem. Will it be soap next or tooth paste .
You can easily get butter for a buttery spread for less than Ā£1.50 anywhere. Thereā€™s usually some variety on special offer. Tesco buttery spread is 85p as standard. If she really canā€™t afford butter she really needs to assess her lifestyle. Poor SB and his manky sandwiches.
ā€œMore Jam mamaā€ ā€œnope and thereā€™s no butter eitherā€.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Mostly vegan = eating eggs made with mayonnaise because you ā€˜canā€™t affordā€™ (nonsense) butter?

Btw Jack you can get a 500g tub of margarine from ASDA for 79p - half the price of butter. Thatā€™s what the povs eat - I grew up thinking Utterly Butterly etc was real butter because thatā€™s all we ever had šŸ˜‚ Flora Buttery is genuinely nice imo and is/was(?) vegan, Ā£1.25 or 2 for Ā£2, will last you ages and yes absolutely x you have the money. If you donā€™t have literally a couple of quid spare, itā€™s time to re-evaluate your life choices and flog a sideboard or two

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Hasnā€™t had butter in for a while now... wonder what was in the butter sausage & kale curry she made last week then?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Does anyone know where I can watch the ā€œmy grandfather is deadā€ clip please?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
View attachment 282213

Just happened across this tweet from the person who paypalled Jack Ā£20 for the trolley.

This is heartbreaking. šŸ˜ž
She is literally disgusting. Not even so much as a thank you? Not that that would right the situation but sheā€™s clearly got no manners, on top of being inherently shameful. Itā€™s starting to get to me that sheā€™s getting away with all this in plain sight

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Budget doesn't stretch to butter at the minute. Fine. Coping. bleeping disgusting. The old cabal anthem 500 miles (what a wanker!) is suddenly my earworm

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.