Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regarding approaching journalists about her, I can completely see why they would be reluctant, but at the same time isn’t this story gold? Admittedly I avoid the news these days but I feel like it’s the sort of thing that readers would love. Sure it’s risky but if the facts are stuck to, backed up with evidence (as any good journalist would do), I don’t see the problem especially as a lot of the evidence is straight from Jack’s own mouth - could hardly ask for a better source really

I do feel like it could be covered in a way that doesn’t come across as right-wing / anti- Jack’s various identities if the harm she is doing to those people is highlighted

Rachel Dolezal has been mentioned here before in relation to Jack’s cosplay. She was more involved in activism and education about blackness (she was a NAACP president and taught African studies at a university) than Jack is with poverty, yet she still got exposed. I’m sure the journalist(s) who exposed her had to weigh things up, and were nervous about the backlash in case there had been a mistake and they asked a genuine African-American woman if she was black...

I don’t know; I just think it’s a scoop 😂 Maybe I’m naïve (can’t write that without thinking ‘anchoïade’) but I think it’d go down well in the climate of cancel culture

• Heart
Reactions: 41
WHY is she doing more batch cooking?? How difficult is it to make your normal lunch / breakfast / dinner, take a photo, and post it??

• Haha
Reactions: 33
‘procrastination’? The RAGE that flows through my veins.
I also found ‘adminning the admin’ incredibly insulting.
My favourite thing to do with cabbage is sweat diced onions and shredded cabbage, fry chopped bacon and garlic, add a chopped red chilli or chilli flakes, combine together with cream cheese and lots of black pepper and drink with a cold beer.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Are the 'Beige, Bland and Boring' cards off?
duck me! I was looking forward to them.
'The Colours of Care Homes Range' I had a pitch for Waitrose ready to go!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
WHY is she doing more batch cooking?? How difficult is it to make your normal lunch / breakfast / dinner, take a photo, and post it??
Or just eat all the freezer dinners? She didn't need to do the big performative asda shop this week and she makes her life more difficult because of the drama mick, she just loves it.

Thrifty shades of beige tier launched on 9 october and the cards were supposed to.be posted weekly to UK backers. That means they should soon be receiving their second card.

Lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
20201020_115204.jpg

I'm going in. Wish me well, dear hearts. As stated yesterday, I already had all ingredients in my LockdownLarder™️, making it a very accessible recipe. If it ends up tasting nice then it certainly is affordable. I will be using vegetable oil as Jack recommends any oil can be used but has sunflower in brackets. As I do not have sunflower I believe this is the closest substitute. I am also halving all quantities as I do not want to make two portions in case it tastes like inedible slop. You can also see I am definitely not brand loyal 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
but “admining the admin” is sooooooo haaaaaard

She’s gripping my tits this morning.
But furthermore, why doesn't she have any systems in place?? Every month seems like a nightmare when it should just be the admin having a database of labels with names and addresses, printing them out, and that's literally *it*?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
View attachment 281437

I'm going in. Wish me well, dear hearts. As stated yesterday, I already had all ingredients in my LockdownLarder™️, making it a very accessible recipe. If it ends up tasting nice then it certainly is affordable. I will be using vegetable oil as Jack recommends any oil can be used but has sunflower in brackets. As I do not have sunflower I believe this is the closest substitute. I am also halving all quantities as I do not want to make two portions in case it tastes like inedible slop. You can also see I am definitely not brand loyal 😂
'Those NOT about to die, still salute you!'

• Haha
Coleslaw.

Stirfried shreds with ginger, garlic, and chilli or oyster sauce and top with sesame seeds.

Shove it in mashed potato.

Shove it up your arse, I don't bleeping care.

Just don't put it in a bleeping curry.

I'm having a right day of it working from home (sodding self isolation). I am not in the mood for this tit when I've got people going ballistic at me and demanding to know details of my direct line manager because I won't give out other people's personal details.

Having a signature line saying #NowFuckOff really appeals to me today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
View attachment 281437

I’m with @Pocahontas on this. Apparently you have to prebook A&E appointments now, might be worth making one x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
You don’t batch cook when you’re suicidal; but you do when you’re thieving people’s benefit money

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Google is your friend Jack. Or visit Next.

But then you wouldn’t get the sycophants rushing to fawn over a pair of bleeping slippers would you? This is as bad as what way do you like your sandwiches cut 😴
Doesn't bother me tbh, dull but harmless.

Reactions: 3
Maybe she’s batch cooking so much in case the landlady tries to evict her. She’ll stamp her feet and gesture towards her full freezer and claim some weird squatter batch cooking rights...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
View attachment 281437

Where’s yer coconut milk (100mls) 😜?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Wow. Patreon is a ‘pile of admiiiiiin’? How about pausing and thanking people for subscribing and sending her money for recipes they could easily google and a few sporadic postcards, instead of complaining about it?! Seriously, if this doesn’t make people realise how entitled and ungrateful she is for the financial help she receives, then I don’t know what will!
Funny how she categorises ALL work as “admin”, and admin as “soul sucking tedious tasks I just can’t manage”.

Photographing and posting recipes - waaah admin
Fulfilling promises to Patreon backers - waaah don’t wanna do it

This is your bleeping day job, Jack. This is something you have chosen to pursue. By all means get yourself a job at Asda if you don’t think you’re cut out for it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Maybe she’s batch cooking so much in case the landlady tries to evict her. She’ll stamp her feet and gesture towards her full freezer and claim some weird squatter batch cooking rights...
Using the hammock like a trebuchet as she repels the borders with volleys of frozen 'duck knows' as the bailiffs try and walk up the path.

• Haha
View attachment 281437

These mushrooms are nowhere near manky enough to properly recreate Jack's dish.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.