Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And what's wrong with foraging? We've had apples (made into crumble, sauce and compote), blackberries (made into jam and crumble), rosehips (syrup), sloes (cordial) and various mushrooms (breakfast, but don't do this if you don't know what you're doing!) - I could have had hazelnuts but left it too late, and grapes (from inlaws) but couldn't decide what to do with them as they were too sour to eat on their own. Plus there's always someone giving away courgettes and other excess veg at our local allotments (not strictly foraging but usually free). Foraging if you have local woods is great for kids to help with too.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I’m glad you did that @Upthisweek. The Victoria Derbyshire thing looked hopeful but according to the comments on her tweets, although the DMs are open she doesn’t often read them! Very interesting the news desk said others have been in touch too

• Sad
Reactions: 26
The person Jack has been vile about on Twitter, they clearly have history and that has previously spilled over to here.

Malacandra (was that their name? Eamonn Holmes cousin) was @mosskat55 and it looks like is also @CaNiBhrolchain. This goes against Tattle rules and should not be tolerated.
I can't remember Eamonn Holmes' cousin's user name, but Malacandra was BBL.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
I honestly wish I knew Jack in real life. Why is no-one around her calling her out on any of this? What does she have on them?
In my dealing with narcissists, you have to be feeling really mentally strong, have nothing else to do, and just generally be prepared for a relentless thrashing if you’re going to confront them. They will go so unbelievably aggressive and nasty, and try and ruin you if you so much as hint at questioning their fake version of reality. It’s not for the faint hearted, not at all. If you say something like “I don’t know why you’re Tweeting your financial situation” you’d get back a tirade of abuse that includes every crappy thing about yourself that you’d ever told them in confidence, mixed with a loaf of stuff that doesn’t even make sense to the argument, but leaves you bewildered and hurt. They’re total fuckers to deal with. Just look what she’s done to this Kathleen woman, one bit of criticism, and she’s outed her publicly as an alcoholic.

I tried to explain it to my friend before like this, imagine someone is trying to kidnap a small child right in front of you. You would go wild to stop it happening, jump in front of a car, scream, fight, grab, anything. You’d gain rage and strength you didn’t know you had in you. That’s what happens when you confront a narc. You may as well be trying to suffocate them for how hard they’ll fight, they go full on tooth and claw because disrupting their false narrative makes them feel like they’re falling into a black hole. They’re not ‘normal’, they exist purely on the energy they steal, anyone attempting to cut off that flow of energy sends them over the edge. That’s why her unwell mum and busy dad, and her son’s dad, just ignore, IMO. It’s not worth being ripped to shreds over.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
One has to wonder if this is what her family and friends have been expecting for years, these horrible untruths coming to light, for they must surely have known that her incessant claims are bogus. In the event of some kind of media expose, the absolute dream scenario, she’ll try to claim some sort of victimhood - the narcissist in her will never concede one single mistake.
The problem with any media expose is that it's likely to come from the right, so she and her more tribal followers will be able to dismiss it as evil tory lies because whole swathes of Twitter seem to be incapable of saying "hang on, this hole is making our side look bad lets ditch them". I just can't see any of the left leaning papers doing it which is a real pity because apart from her grifting, she's perpetuating the myth that it's possible to consistently eat well whilst spending very little on food. Sure you might have the odd lucky at the whoops counter and there is a lot of cheap, healthy food you can eat but £20 simply isn't a realistic regular budget.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Returned to the thread after a couple of Jack-less months...what happened with Louisa?!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
The person Jack has been vile about on Twitter, they clearly have history and that has previously spilled over to here.

Malacandra (was that their name? Eamonn Holmes cousin) was @mosskat55 and it looks like is also @CaNiBhrolchain. This goes against Tattle rules and should not be tolerated.
Malacandra was Eamonn’s cousin? Grunklife has me missing vital info 🤦‍♀️ Agree with the not crossing over, it just makes us look like trolls, and helps her cause.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
In my dealing with narcissists, you have to be feeling really mentally strong, have nothing else to do, and just generally be prepared for a relentless thrashing if you’re going to confront them. They will go so unbelievably aggressive and nasty, and try and ruin you if you so much as hint at questioning their fake version of reality. It’s not for the faint hearted, not at all. If you say something like “I don’t know why you’re Tweeting your financial situation” you’d get back a tirade of abuse that includes every crappy thing about yourself that you’d ever told them in confidence, mixed with a loaf of stuff that doesn’t even make sense to the argument, but leaves you bewildered and hurt. They’re total fuckers to deal with. Just look what she’s done to this Kathleen woman, one bit of criticism, and she’s outed her publicly as an alcoholic.

I tried to explain it to my friend before like this, imagine someone is trying to kidnap a small child right in front of you. You would go wild to stop it happening, jump in front of a car, scream, fight, grab, anything. You’d gain rage and strength you didn’t know you had in you. That’s what happens when you confront a narc. You may as well be trying to suffocate them for how hard they’ll fight, they go full on tooth and claw because disrupting their false narrative makes them feel like they’re falling into a black hole. They’re not ‘normal’, they exist purely on the energy they steal, anyone attempting to cut off that flow of energy sends them over the edge. That’s why her unwell mum and busy dad, and her son’s dad, just ignore, IMO. It’s not worth being ripped to shreds over.
It's tough, I agree. I've had some practise over the last few years. The one thing that is always their achilles heel though........the truth. If you can take the tantrums then truth, honesty and facts will just knock them down time and time again.
There comes a point where just putting up with it is damaging for everyone around, and I think JM has reached that point. Someone needs to put her on a time out.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Is 'Kathleen' an Ex?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Malacandra was Eamonn’s cousin? Grunklife has me missing vital info 🤦‍♀️ Agree with the not crossing over, it just makes us look like trolls, and helps her cause.
I'm getting myself right confused now as to who is who! We've had some right weirdos on these threads, but we always smoke them out... 🕵️‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I have to say I'm not getting Belfast Born vibes from Kathleen. anyway, it all feels creepy

• Heart
Reactions: 20
And what's wrong with foraging? We've had apples (made into crumble, sauce and compote), blackberries (made into jam and crumble), rosehips (syrup), sloes (cordial) and various mushrooms (breakfast, but don't do this if you don't know what you're doing!) - I could have had hazelnuts but left it too late, and grapes (from inlaws) but couldn't decide what to do with them as they were too sour to eat on their own. Plus there's always someone giving away courgettes and other excess veg at our local allotments (not strictly foraging but usually free). Foraging if you have local woods is great for kids to help with too.
I definitely wouldn't rely on it to survive, you often need to buy additional ingredents to cook with/make edible, you're limited by location and of course is dictated by seasons. But to completely dismiss it is ridiculous! It can certainly supplement a diet and it's valuable to learn about local ingredients. I hate the implication that foraging is middle class too. My OH is from a very working class and inner city background and grew up picking local berries, nuts and even using the tiny patch of outside space of their mid terrace to grow veg and have a little plum tree.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.