Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the article posted by @colouredlines

View attachment 280413

She managed to downsize before when things were tough. Why can’t she now?

View attachment 280415
With friends like that, who needs enemies?
Also not sure what she was trying to achieve by putting furniture in front of radiators? She would have been the only one to turn them on, and they should have been covered anyway because of SB?

View attachment 280426
Why is she suggesting that sending SB to his dad’s/grandparents’/childcare for a few hours is as traumatic as years of neglect and abuse? If that was true, most of the country would be traumatised
Nice stigmatising of people who've been in care Jack.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Wasn't there someone here a couple of weeks ago who was friends with Jack's Mum?
And people were saying that they were in the 'Fostering Business' for the money.
You'd think her Ma would have a bit of shame about her kid taking money from disabled people on benefits but it would seem not.
Perhaps the Fostering 'Business' wasn't too far from the truth.. Just an opinion.

Reactions: 14
Again I am asking why her parents don't step in.

Seems to me they are quite happy to sit back and watch her rip off vulnerable people. They are evidently as bad as she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Is there anyone she doesn’t offend, patronise, or diminish?
Jack, if that counts. Complete narcissist

Wasn't there someone here a couple of weeks ago who was friends with Jack's Mum?
And people were saying that they were in the 'Fostering Business' for the money.
You'd think her Ma would have a bit of shame about her kid taking money from disabled people on benefits but it would seem not.
Perhaps the Fostering 'Business' wasn't too far from the truth.. Just an opinion.
Private fostering can be lucrative, yes. I’m not sure if a medical background (her mum was a nurse, right?) gives you an advantage but it certainly looks good on paper. The private foster carers I stayed with (and the only private ones I encountered) were both medical professionals for what it’s worth

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Why hasn't this all been picked up by a newspaper, its theft and exploiting those she pretends to help. Can we contact newspaper story desks or is it against tattle rules?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I reckon Woman's Hour need to hear about the other side of trolling, the bit where the trolls are raising money for vulnerable folk that have been reeled in by celebrity pov.

Count me in for a donation btw.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
It's not the fault of Jack's Twitter followers that she's now so hard up she's only able to spend £20 a week on food and has to strip meat from cheap chicken wings. She's shouting at these people for circumstances that she is in. Circumstances that she could change.
Remembering that the stripped meat is for 'My Son..'
I have a sibling who pays a not inconsiderable sum for the upkeep of his child.
If he ever saw that money being spent on food like that to feed his kid... To say there'd be ructions would be understating.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Why hasn't this all been picked up by a newspaper, its theft and exploiting those she pretends to help. Can we contact newspaper story desks or is it against tattle rules?
I don’t think it is, it’s against the rules to troll her but I don’t think that would be classed as trolling

Reactions: 20
Again I am asking why her parents don't step in.

Seems to me they are quite happy to sit back and watch her rip off vulnerable people. They are evidently as bad as she is.
I’ve never ever understood the whole ‘£10 a week to live on’ bollocks that Jack’s spouted; but I don’t think it’s fair to blame her parents for not helping. I just think she completely made it all up.

Reactions: 14
Does she ever actually have any fun. I mean I am actually sitting here with my little pit of money I have saved looking up for interesting ideas to keep my kids entertained at home next week( because I am awaiting Boris locking us down for half term). I have little silly activities written out, bought some little things to do activities with and getting a few snacks in for a mini Halloween party becasuse they can't do trick or treating etc.

you never heae her plan things like that with her kid. How to do a Halloween feast on a budget. It doesn't have to be expensive mine is 10 pounds.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I don’t think it is as it’s not contacting the subject directly. I mean the forums are public access so a journalist could equally read & run using our content, and they have done in the past on other threads.

Reactions: 23
I did some serious and tedious scrolling in the wee hours looking to give the winter fuel donation back. Apart from maybe sending a DM, we will struggle as there isn’t anything there other than stuff about her being skint when she had an issue around her home insurance (again, my heart = 😔). If anyone can get details to ping a few quid her way then please include me. Bless her - most of us here WERE her at some point.

No posts yet today from the exalted and revered one but you can bet your bottom dollar she has caught up here. Is there maybe an epiphany on the horizon or can we expect her to double down on the beg? I can barely wait - so taking the dog out and leaving my phone behind. Days off should not be spent here (splendidly lovely as you all are. ❤)

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I don’t think it is as it’s not contacting the subject directly. I mean the forums are public access so a journalist could equally read & run using our content, and they have done in the past on other threads.
Wonder if Julie Burchill would be interested? She’s already written about India Knight and Eric Joyce, the p.e.a.d.o.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I imagine having an ex as the head of channel 4 news will put off some people investigating/doing a story 🤬

she’s such a shameless scammer, I was raging yesterday along with everyone else. Who is she helping? No one.

Doing a chaotic shop of crap and reduced products is not a great idea for those on a budget. Planning and keeping to a list seems the more sensible option.

I could rant for hours....

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Also re: Squiggle and their heating discount - I assume they are referring to the Warm Home Discount Scheme which is firstly only £140 which won’t keep you warm over the Winter (especially in the case of an older property, storage heaters etc). It’ll need to be topped up so an extra £20 would make all the difference particularly as it seems Squiggle is already struggling for money

Secondly, it’s paid as credit to your electricity/gas account. Squiggle won’t actually have the money, it’ll just be knocked off their bills until the credit runs out. So the £20 isn’t directly from that fund and given the weather is only just changing, they may not have even seen the ‘saving’ yet. So that £20 is from Squiggle’s current budget

I really want to believe all of her donations come from foolish middle class people with money to spare, but it’s just not true. They likely come from empathetic, vulnerable people who want to share the little they have. Even if we were to write them off as stupid (which I don’t believe in doing, but for arguments sake), what about people with learning disabilities who are unable to see through her tit? Jack presents herself as such a hero of the disabled (in various ways), I can see defenceless people buying into her crap

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.