Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been bemused by Jack’s posts for the past few weeks. Why the sudden need to walk to Asda twice on a Sunday suddenly? Someone who is self employed and can manage their own time surely is at leisure to pop to the shops any time they need to? Why not just pick up stuff as and when they are out and about? Surely it would be better to go to the greengrocer in the Broadway? Why the Asda obsession? It’s very Martyrish.

Reactions: 51
I’ve been bemused by Jack’s posts for the past few weeks. Why the sudden need to walk to Asda twice on a Sunday suddenly? Someone who is self employed and can manage their own time surely is at leisure to pop to the shops any time they need to? Why not just pick up stuff as and when they are out and about? Surely it would be better to go to the greengrocer in the Broadway? Why the Asda obsession? It’s very Martyrish.
Oh I know, it’s almost such a nothing in terms of her gritting, that it’s hard to begin to address why she doesn’t just walk five minutes down the road. I know all the area around where she lives. I know it really well. She’s being so bleeping obtuse going to Asda, there’s a lovely greengrocers and plenty of other shops up the road, plus she could do her main shopping on the way back from the school run. If she’s that keen on the yellow sticker hunt, she could go specifically for those on the Sunday evening. It’s all bullshit, every single thing she says and does is absolute bollocks

Reactions: 42
I'm actually INCANDESCENT WITH RAGE at that last tweet of hers, I'm literally shaking.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
I agree with you @heretoreaditall2019 - I think she's completely over-extended herself, had assumed Louisa would be paying her half of the mortgage and bills etc ad infinitum, has no savings and is now in a panic. It also wouldn't surprise me if she's not put aside sufficient cash to pay her corporation tax bill from last year, unless she's had a miraculous turnaround and been more sensible recently - I mean that doesn't sound like Jack does it!!!!

She'll have to do what everybody else does and start selling some material goods again...I've had to do that myself in the past when times were tight.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Agreed 100%, personally I think it’s excessive even on a £100k p/a salary, she won’t have much wiggle room for savings and tbh this sort of monstrous spending is at direct odds with a saving mentality? You just wouldn’t spend like that as a single mum either, you’d be all about financial security for your son.

Cant wait for your (and the other fraus’) mushroom soup btw. Do fear you’ll be eating gritty mushroom water tho x
I actually already have all the ingredients jn my cupboard and fridge already so bonus points to Jack for accessibility. I also have this fear which is why I'm going to cook it on a day I know my OH is out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Why does she have to be so horrid. If indeed that lady does drink she needs help not spoken to like she is tit. She ( being a drinker herself knows this)

Seriously why doesn't she just go back into private land. I liked her so much more in there. At least she was only talking to herself mostly and a few fanatics.

Another thing that is bothering me is?!

Why doesnt anyone close to her tell her to wise up and get a proper job.

Also none of this is helping her kid. He just wants his mum, the material stuff to him isn't important yet she clinging on to it for dear life. Id rather have a life than nice stuff. My kids have their material needs met but I really put work into their emotional needs. They need their mum and a happy( as you can be) kids need to feel secure and comfortable.

Reactions: 49
Jack as you clearly read here in real time can you please refund the £20 winter fuel allowance? If you’re serious about your recovery you’ll end up doing it in your step 10 anyway so may as well do it for clout now.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
I don't blame her followers for this, I blame Jack - it's a direct result of her tweets portraying herself as in financial crisis. She's a horrible black hole of a person who knows exactly what she's doing, preying on empathetic people who have been through poverty themselves. Proper poverty, that is, not the make believe kind.

View attachment 280458
she would do sweet fa, the only person she would help is herself.

can we incorporate something in the next thread title, then google it like crazy, so anybody googling her will see it?

Reactions: 23
Has she even acknowledged that someone sent her agent a shopping trolley for her yet?
Imagine all homeware you can bring back from the shops with a trolley!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Anybody can tip of a paper as to a story they think is in the public interest.

This link might be good to send as it shows the most liked posts from all of the Jack Monroe threads - https://tattle.life/tags/jack-monroe/most-liked
Thank you for reassuring me. I telephoned a news desk of 'a newspaper' and someone is interested and calling me back. Apparently they have received a few calls and emails on this subject.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 105
I can well believe a lot of stuff in the house wasn't paid for by her - she did set up home with someone else, so it could be the partner paid for a lot of stuff. And might want some of it as part of the break up.
I also have sympathy with carrying heavy shopping - I have fibromyalgia and there have been weeks when the thought of shopping was enough to have a meltdown. Luckily I have a lot of friends / colleagues who helped physically, and mentally.
What I'm struggling with (like a lot of you by the looks of it) is the constant piss on Twitter, and the fact everything happens to her at once. And is worse than anything anyone else has been through. So you broadcast that you only £20 to spend, but then get stroppy when asked about. She's shared so much it's no wonder people think it is ok to ask. Although its now 17 hours since the last tweet - u k hun?
Bib, I sincerely hope she is not ok, the majority of us certainly aren’t

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Private Eye should get onto her.

She is utterly vile. I used to feel sorry for her - many of us did. But now I see that she has zero redeeming features. Just an awful, awful person.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I have changed my profile pic to miss havisham because that's how I see her. All grumpy and alone surrounded by her festering grandness and it's everyone else's fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.