Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Crowdfunding a shopping trolley ? Insane. Mine was a tenner on Bury market and it’s FANCY.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
It's not the fault of Jack's Twitter followers that she's now so hard up she's only able to spend ÂŁ20 a week on food and has to strip meat from cheap chicken wings. She's shouting at these people for circumstances that she is in. Circumstances that she could change.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Well it's obvious why she waited to buy the trolley. She knew if she wanged on about it enough, she'd get one for free. If I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, she hoped a company would gift her one cos she's such a great brand promoter (lol); if I'm being cynical (default state with Jack), she knew some poor sap would buy it for her, or even better, set up a crowdfunder so she could get the FANCIEST one out there and also hoover up the validation from so many people offering her their pennies :rolleyes:. Embarrassed for her followers (@HarderFaster, ditto had a respected Arctic climatologist I follow kissing her ass yesterday).

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I honestly would be surprised if she has savings. I think a lot of them have been spunked on Cotswold Co, Edinburgh trips, various high end white goods and electronics, kitten vet appointments, Ocado deliveries, the list goes on.
Agreed 100%, personally I think it’s excessive even on a £100k p/a salary, she won’t have much wiggle room for savings and tbh this sort of monstrous spending is at direct odds with a saving mentality? You just wouldn’t spend like that as a single mum either, you’d be all about financial security for your son.

Cant wait for your (and the other fraus’) mushroom soup btw. Do fear you’ll be eating gritty mushroom water tho x

• Heart
Reactions: 31
And just to say, I'm out of work as of now but that's par for the course in my line of work 🤷

If she doesn't like being freelance or can't hack the uncertainty of it, then she shouldn't be freelance. It's that simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Is there a possibility that people who have been so terrifically keeping track here could collate together a file and send to journalists? Would people be willing? Is it within the Tattle rules?

I know it was mentioned before that anyone can update the 'Wiki' on here, but I really think an updated account by @LimeGoss would be helpful. So much damning information has been gathered within these threads, but we lack a devastating 'go to' summary of all the deceit and nonsense. With 90+ threads and counting, it is hard to supply a link to a doubter, as they may have a brief read and find something abusive to confirm their own bias. The concise but comprehensive clarity that LG is so adept at producing would increase the probability of the uninitiated staying long enough to see the light.

Not seeking to put an expectation on someone else as I know this would be time-consuming, but would prove a great stepping stone to wider journalism.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I'm just amazed that her followers go "an author of 6 books (with 2 more under contract) and sometime TV presenter can't afford groceries...BLAME THE GOVERNMENT!"

Not everything is the Tories' fault. It's just so reductive.

Reactions: 37
It's not the fault of Jack's Twitter followers that she's now so hard up she's only able to spend ÂŁ20 a week on food and has to strip meat from cheap chicken wings. She's shouting at these people for circumstances that she is in. Circumstances that she could change.
It seems unlikely that she’s hard up though (unless, as someone speculated yesterday, she’s facing a big tax bill or something?).

She’s always lying by omission. She hasn’t said “Money is super tight so my food budget is £20 per week”. She’s simply said “my food budget is £20 per week”. Anyone can set themselves a tiny food budget and book Ocado deliveries on the quiet if they feel like it.

She’s lying about there being no delivery slots available from Asda, remember. Lying is like breathing to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I just googled Jack Monroe Crowdfunder to see if any squiggles had set one up, and this is on the first page. Edit to say this looks like an old crowd funder which failed. What a pity.

IMG_20201019_112445.png

Lol.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
£1? Well that’s 4 tins of beans right there....

• Haha
Reactions: 44
A good story could start with the fact that Mrs J is head honcho of Channel 4 News and yet, while they were living together Cackle had the tip jar and patreon account and still does.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Just this photo alone shows that she has a certain level of expected living.
Very few people pay the high price of milk deliveries anymore. During lockdown I tried to arrange a milkman delivery for my parents, but they refused it based on how expensive it was. They wouldn't let me pay the increased price just so they didn't have to go to the local shop.

All of these photos meticulously orchestrated for the 'gram are really coming back to bite her in the arse now.
Look at how nice her house is. It’s actually insane that she pleads poverty.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
From the article posted by @colouredlines

6C0CFEE3-E7D1-4A3E-9136-26C03B80BA5F.jpeg

She managed to downsize before when things were tough. Why can’t she now?

2272380A-95DF-4A37-A342-7C3002A6716F.jpeg

With friends like that, who needs enemies?
Also not sure what she was trying to achieve by putting furniture in front of radiators? She would have been the only one to turn them on, and they should have been covered anyway because of SB?

427F61DC-390A-4E3A-B437-818359B9D4C7.jpeg

Why is she suggesting that sending SB to his dad’s/grandparents’/childcare for a few hours is as traumatic as years of neglect and abuse? If that was true, most of the country would be traumatised

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.