Jack Monroe #90 Freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've only been here (on Tattle) since the black eye bullshit but could someone explain why we don't call her out on Twitter?
It crosses into the realms of trolling, is the general consensus, I think. We don’t go after her on her own platforms, but she actively chooses to read here and often seems to Tweet in response. I do get why we shouldn’t, but bloody he’ll it’s tempting sometimes, especially when there are so many innocent squiggles getting suckered in. Her Patreon subscribers have increased since she started doing this bullshit £20 shop. It’s infuriating, but people are also seeing the light and coming here. We have to let it all happen organically.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
How about fighting for decent wages and benefits so that people didn't have to rely on Smart Price anything?
And the estimated 1.2 million uk residents that live in 'food desserts' and can't take a little scamper to their nearest Tescos or Asda a to pick up tins of smart price beans. What about them?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Until today I’ve adored Tattle and it’s really cheered me up. But today it’s getting me down, not because of you wonderful fraus but today I have absolutely had it with her tit. It doesn’t matter what anyone kindly suggests to her; she’s ALWAYS tried it before or got an answer as to why it won’t work. Once upon a time she was just worthy of an eye roll and a ‘what’s she like eh, falling under trains and punching holes in the door’ but now she’s making me physically angry in the same way the Tories do. It’s unbearable.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
It crosses into the realms of trolling, is the general consensus, I think. We don’t go after her on her own platforms, but she actively chooses to read here and often seems to Tweet in response. I do get why we shouldn’t, but bloody he’ll it’s tempting sometimes, especially when there are so many innocent squiggles getting suckered in. Her Patreon subscribers have increased since she started doing this bullshit £20 shop. It’s infuriating, but people are also seeing the light and coming here. We have to let it all happen organically.
I totally understand the 'trolling' aspect and respect the 'rules' but bleeping hell..
I've had to mute her so I don't snap one day and lose the run of myself on one of her tweets.
Thank you for taking the time to explain though. I do appreciate it.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
The groceries bought today are for playing with, not for actual eating.
Food for Mack, SB and pets will be delivered by Ocado.
And the odd box veg delivery.

I too am really sad/angry.

There is so much uncertainty at the moment about where people are going to get their next paycheck from and she messes around with £20 as though it is all she has in the world. We know what fortune she has in the form of expensive goods she has at home that she could easily marketplace or eBay if the rent is too high.

it might have been fun and games for her as Brexit loomed a year ago, but with the shadow of a second lockdown on the horizon and numerous professions wiped out, no one seems to be laughing anymore.

like others, I have reached peak Jack today.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Until today I’ve adored Tattle and it’s really cheered me up. But today it’s getting me down, not because of you wonderful fraus but today I have absolutely had it with her tit. It doesn’t matter what anyone kindly suggests to her; she’s ALWAYS tried it before or got an answer as to why it won’t work. Once upon a time she was just worthy of an eye roll and a ‘what’s she like eh, falling under trains and punching holes in the door’ but now she’s making me physically angry in the same way the Tories do. It’s unbearable.
We all get a day like that with her eventually.. Chin up. I promise, 'I'll eat yours.."

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Pretending to save up her pennies from the change so she can buy a trolley is one of the most disingenuous things she has said lately. She could order one this moment if she wanted to. Didn’t have any trouble spending £25 on that tit piece of cat art for her mate recently.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I totally understand the 'trolling' aspect and respect the 'rules' but bleeping hell..
I've had to mute her so I don't snap one day and lose the run of myself on one of her tweets.
Thank you for taking the time to explain though. I do appreciate it.
I’ve got her on mute, as she enrages me, and then I feel bad that I’m letting her have the headspace. I have spates of lots of reading and reacting. Which today has been. Il probably ignore her for a while now. Sorry I’m not flouncing

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Started reading the replies on trolleys. This has really annoyed me
If this is serious, how is she not embarrassed?! Imagine your agent phoning you up, in full knowledge that you’re doing quite well for yourself (thankyou), and letting you know that someone has sent you a £20 shopping trolley... I hope it was only a cheap one at least

Though I suppose her agents keep tabs on her Twitter. A fan sending a gift is probably the least of their worries

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
If it is any consolation, a day like today proves she deserves the huge number of tattle threads she has.

Never feel bad or guilty for calling her out or criticising her.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
What the hell is she feeding her cat? She doesn't make enough meaty things to have nearly enough leftovers for him. He's spoilt apparently because he gets some of the chicken thigh meat she's frozen...great... but what the hairy duck is the poor floof getting twice a day as main meals?
And the rabbit for that matter. Yes it can have veg off cuts but it needs rabbit food pelletty things as a base.
My animals' food is the first thing I buy. What's left in the budget after that is for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’ve never had packet mash - potatoes are hardly extortionate. But why use it instead of cornflour? A box of cornflour lasts yonks.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.