Jack Monroe #90 Freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The evil lies of Jack, combined with the sheer stupidity of the squiggles is sending me into a deep rage. bleeping SOMEBODY call her out. Where is our planetary genius these days? Somebody, anybody, please! We are bound by the Frau Code™️ not to cross over into the Twitterverse, but she can’t keep conning people like this, surely 😭
Babe, same.
The out right lie about Asda not having any delivery slots is making me so angry. Depending on my rota I have to shop for around 8 seperate households a week, I don’t want scaremongering bullshit to send us back to mega queuing and panic buying.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Why does she lay it all out across that HUGE dining room table to take a photograph of it all? I couldn't even fit all that stuff out on my table even if I wanted to. I can hardly be arsed with taking it out of the bags when I get home I am so knackered (because I truly am disabled and get properly knacked). I put stuff for the fridge and freezer in a separate bag in case I haven't the energy left and I know that once that is put away the other stuff can wait.

She is really pushing her luck. This poverty play-acting while living way beyond her means will make people sit up and look closer. She might get a sidebar of shame in the Daily Mail, but not the one she is expecting. It could be an exposé.

She may cry wolf once too often.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Would a season bus pass not have been cheaper than the sleeper to Edinburgh during lockdown ?
You know what's even cheaper than a season bus pass? Honesty!! She's only a 24 minute walk from Asda. However she is only a 9 minute walk from a Tesco Express. She could always do a little top up there. Or even pop out every other day for bits. It's not like she's out at work every single day, so has no choice.
I fail to believe not a single friend wouldn't step in and drive her home.
If Louisa is in fact still living in the area and popping round for dinner I'm sure she'd help carry shopping home, even if it's on her bike.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
And another blue tick retweet on the 23p bean tweet. I feel so disappointed when people I actually like and admire share her lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
take a trolley home??? students round here do that and that's how they end up in the rivers 🥴
There's a couple of women round my neighbourhood who have started to do this - not sure where they keep their trolleys between trips but I've seen them walk up and down the road with them.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Is she being more obnoxious than usual this Sunday? Or has she been this bad every Sunday since the £20 shops started?
She's definitely laying it on thick today with the "poor me, my joints, my ADHD, my lack of car, my reduced budget" stuff. I've never said this until now but I actually dislike her.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
You know I was just pondering similar. I don't know if I'm less tolerant today or if she's being a bigger prick than she usually is? 🤷
I was thinking the same about people in general only last night as I was kept awake by another illegal student party at 4am.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
I am so absolutely sick of her poverty cosplay. Why is she buying instant mash, and flapjack bars, and cheap white bread?- Doesn’t say much about how good her cookbooks are does it? Does no one remember her short break to Edinburgh a couple of months ago? Have all the stupid squiggles forgotten the £500 pizza oven she’s used once? She walks to the post office 276 times a week - can she not eBay the Dyson hairdryer, as she’s got no hair now. What happened to her Brexit stockpile she wrote tons about (and photographed) Why doesn’t she use some Patreon money to get a Tesco smartpass? Why doesn’t she look for yellow stickered stuff In the Tesco two streets away? WHY WHY WHY?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
She has given me the rage today too. This is all too much. Going to put the phone down and finish my book. No doubt not as quickly as JM but I'm not a competitive poorfishing bleeping show off bellend so there is that

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I reckon she gets pissed off and mardy when she doesn't get loads of cheap stuff on her second trip - it's really hardly worth that second trip when you're getting 20p or whatever off your chicken thighs is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It’s her glee at grabbing the last tin of cheap beans that gets me - and thus stopping someone who might actually need the very cheapest from getting it. She definitely seems extra smug today. Jack, we all know you can afford Heinz love.

I know the story is bollocks and she probably had a shelf full of them in front of her but still... at least try to make yourself look good with your lies, Jack. Though now I’ve said that, next week she’ll selflessly hand the last smart price product in the world over to a little old lady while the whole of Asda claps her.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I'm getting to the point of wanting to say something on Twitter. I am sitting on my hands, What she is doing is outright fraud and manipulation pure and simple.

Like duck is her actual food budget £20 a week when she has more than enough assets to sell on and raise cash. She's making me really angry right now. My husband lost all, his work with lockdown and we are living on UC with a disabled teenager. We manage to eat proper food ...no reason she can't . She needs to move from that expensive bungalow and find cheaper accommodation. Instead she is playacting poverty to get people to fund her rent for her. bleeping witch. dislike her.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
dark chocolate, jaffa cakes, curry sauce, pasta, maize snacks, baked beans... 2 hours ago, they were all quietly disappearing. and yet, here they are.

also, she said she found one bashed can of baked beans and this one seems suspiciously smooth. and I've never met a jaffa cake with marmalade in. 🥴

what is the actual point of all this bullshit!
She also said that smartprice baked beans had vanished and there wasn't even a shelf for them anymore, and the bashed can was of their other own brand ones. And yet in the photo she's just posted there's a can of smartprice baked beans. I'm so confused

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
When do the recipe cards of 'Beige and Bland' start hitting letterboxes?

ETA.. Aren't they already paid for?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Why the duck should the staff in ASDA have to 'acknowledge' what she's doing, surely they have enough on their plates to indulge a z-lister who's pretending to campaign whilst doing (part of) her weekly shop?? It reeks of "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??" except it's closer to "do they KNOW who you ARE!?" and of all Jack's weird follower comments (yes Stuart, I'm looking at you) this is by far the weirdest. It's not like bleeping George Clooney wandered in, Jack is no more famous than my nephew, who once played the recorder in his school assembly.
Truly bizarre. And to be fair to Jack, not a claim she's actually made this time 😂

I would imagine a Code 3* is announced over the tannoy.

*Stand by, well known grifter, con artist and poor person is in the building. Hide all yellow stickers and collect shin pads from security. Has been know to throw herself on the floor and claw and howl into the abyss. If this occurs please thoroughly sanitise area upon completion of tantrum but only when it is safe to do so.
This is is the one 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.