Jack Monroe #90 Freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The next thread title doesn't need any tweaking, it's direct from our little spaghetti hoop: #91 This is happening FAST
Fair enough that is quite far to walk and also I just did a quick Google and there forums talking about the disappearing value stuff way back from the switch over from blue and white to Stockwell's etc. So this is not new news. Sorry pet, time to find a new thing.

Reactions: 24
Try Zooplas estimate 😲
Zoopla estimates can be utter bollocks. You can claim property as your own and update it with x amount of refurbishment equalling a y increase in value which then affects the whole postcodes average. Hate zoopla with a passion

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
When I read between the lines here, what she's really saying is:

'I can't believe everyone is praising Marcus Rashford, how dare they forget that it was ME that was doing this first so give some bleeping attention to ME now. wah wah wah I'm a big spoiled baby with freakishly oversized adenoids'

View attachment 279423
How is taking it upon yourself to keep faded supermarket receipts and shouting about it on Twitter a job? Who is this job benefiting? Does Jack know that supermarkets employ actual pricing analysts? It’s not some big conspiracy against the poor FFS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Why doesn't she pick a day during the week and hit the high street get some veg from the grocers, meat from the butcher's and etc. That's how I shop. It doesnt take all that long either she could take a long lunch from her "work" and do it then.

I do Tesco's too, but I get most of my meat from the butcher and veg from the green grocers.

Reactions: 17
Why on EARTH should they greet her personally?
I would imagine a Code 3* is announced over the tannoy.

*Stand by, well known grifter, con artist and poor person is in the building. Hide all yellow stickers and collect shin pads from security. Has been know to throw herself on the floor and claw and howl into the abyss. If this occurs please thoroughly sanitise area upon completion of tantrum but only when it is safe to do so.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
This squiggle wants Asda to send a bloody limo, probably. View attachment 279328
ETA - jinx @Veronicaaa

View attachment 279329
Why the duck should the staff in ASDA have to 'acknowledge' what she's doing, surely they have enough on their plates to indulge a z-lister who's pretending to campaign whilst doing (part of) her weekly shop?? It reeks of "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??" except it's closer to "do they KNOW who you ARE!?" and of all Jack's weird follower comments (yes Stuart, I'm looking at you) this is by far the weirdest. It's not like bleeping George Clooney wandered in, Jack is no more famous than my nephew, who once played the recorder in his school assembly.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Wish she would just buy a fking trolley, constant arsing about 2 trips is really annoying, it’s not like she’s not in to get it delivered

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm so over this £20 bollocks. Trekking off to asda like St Jack of the Poors. No one bleeping asked you to! It's not like she's even making anything desirable with the food she buys - brown slop, green slop, pink slop - take your pick. What a waste of time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Hope she has been monitoring price rises in the Groucho also! It's a conspiracy to rob the rich!

Jack Monroe and the mystery of the disappearing smart price items

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Wish she would just buy a fking trolley, constant arsing about 2 trips is really annoying, it’s not like she’s not in to get it delivered
Even if she got a trolley she'd still go twice - she explained it a couple of weeks ago, she likes to get there before all her normal stuff sells out 🙄and then later, after reductions, specifically to raid the yellow sticker fridge.

• Angry
Reactions: 31
Why doesn't she pick a day during the week and hit the high street get some veg from the grocers, meat from the butcher's and etc. That's how I shop. It doesnt take all that long either she could take a long lunch from her "work" and do it then.

I do Tesco's too, but I get most of my meat from the butcher and veg from the green grocers.
Didn't she say that right back at the beginning? That she would visit her local greengrocer?

#shoplocal Jack, you can get good quality and good value.

Reactions: 24
It's a lot bigger than the price of the tins etc in the supermarkets. To keep the prices down many people growing packing and distribution and selling are being underpaid. Tinned tomatoes from southern Europe for example.

It's a lot bigger than the price of the tins etc in the supermarkets. To keep the prices down many people growing packing and distribution and selling are being underpaid. Tinned tomatoes from southern Europe for example.
Answering myself- found it. And its modern slavery today. Or rather anti. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/20/tomatoes-italy-mafia-migrant-labour-modern-slavery

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Just to let you guys know I went to the shop today. The lady at the till said hello. Am I famous yet?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
The shop local and the why she goes to Asda twice is the reason we need a 'Fact Check On A Bootstrap' Twitter page.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.