Jack Monroe #90 Freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would love to know how she bends the time space continuum to work 90 hour weeks, cook multiple nonsensical meals every day, read multiple books a week, write two books at the same time......

bleeping joke of a woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
When is she reading all these Rebus books? On Tuesday she said sitting down and relaxing is a twice yearly event?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
This has made me curious about how cookbooks are usually produced.

I know that most high-profile chefs or food writers have a team working with them to test recipes. Jack famously doesn't since she cancelled that Patreon tier.

Since 2018, she has released four cookbooks, and is now apparently working on the fifth (due out next year?). So five cookbooks in three years for a one-woman operation. Of the four already published, two have 75 recipes, one 100 and one "over 100" (101?).

How the duck does that work, then? There is literally no way she can test her recipes, or come up with new, innovative ideas that regularly. She is just slinging slop about the place, bastardising other countries' cuisine, and lying constantly.

We also know that she's spent months this year not cooking due to burnout. 🙄 So this latest book will probably consist of about a month's worth of slop-slinging.

Yum.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
When is she reading all these Rebus books? On Tuesday she said sitting down and relaxing is a twice yearly event?
Perhaps sitting down is a twice yearly event per item of furniture? With 3 sofas, the hammock, the big armchair, the 85 seater dining table, etc she may only sit at each seat twice per year?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Her talk of constantly finding out of date food to eat is really distasteful (lol) to me. If you are on a budget you don’t let stuff randomly go off in your fridge, at worst a few ends of salad or veg might not make the cut by the end of the week, but a whole mozzarella? Smart price or not it’s completely in the face of people who do have to count every penny.
Also isn't appetising to read recipes where everything is on the turn.

• Sick
Reactions: 18
This has made me curious about how cookbooks are usually produced.

I know that most high-profile chefs or food writers have a team working with them to test recipes. Jack famously doesn't since she cancelled that Patreon tier.

Since 2018, she has released four cookbooks, and is now apparently working on the fifth (due out next year?). So five cookbooks in three years for a one-woman operation. Of the four already published, two have 75 recipes, one 100 and one "over 100" (101?).

How the duck does that work, then? There is literally no way she can test her recipes, or come up with new, innovative ideas that regularly. She is just slinging slop about the place, bastardising other countries' cuisine, and lying constantly.

We also know that she's spent months this year not cooking due to burnout. 🙄 So this latest book will probably consist of about a month's worth of slop-slinging.

Yum.
Had a look at the dates for her last books and she published three within a year - Tin Can Cook in May ‘19, Veganish in December ‘19, and Good Food for Bad Days in May ‘20. Definitely slop-slinging!

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Burnout? From what? The stress of all the unfinished projects, the desperate attempts to remember exactly what she's lied about?

Utter, utter nobend

Or in the words of the late Brian Sewell (art critic):. "Uttah Tresh" ( said in a disparaging whispering voice)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Burnout? From what? The stress of all the unfinished projects, the desperate attempts to remember exactly what she's lied about?

Utter, utter nobend

Or in the words of the late Brian Sewell (art critic):. "Uttah Tresh" ( said in a disparaging whispering voice)
Burn out from superimposing Rob Beckett's teeth on a selfie

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I would like to know if she read these in the "I work 90 hours a week" period, or the "I spend 22hrs a day in bed" period? Am a little lost here... 🤷

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Had a look at the dates for her last books and she published three within a year - Tin Can Cook in May ‘19, Veganish in December ‘19, and Good Food for Bad Days in May ‘20. Definitely slop-slinging!
I've been thinking for ages that Veganish is such a weird title for a book. If I saw it on a shelf I'd be like 'so is it vegan food or not?' If I was wanting a book of vegan recipes, I'd just want one that was definitely vegan.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.