Jack Monroe #90 Freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been thinking for ages that Veganish is such a weird title for a book. If I saw it on a shelf I'd be like 'so is it vegan food or not?' If I was wanting a book of vegan recipes, I'd just want one that was definitely vegan.
I think the 'ish' says it all really about her overall commitment to things 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 40
She is 'fake it til you make it' personified. She has stolen a living doing this tit for too long. The lies are getting easier and easier to spot

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I would like to know if she read these in the "I work 90 hours a week" period, or the "I spend 22hrs a day in bed" period? Am a little lost here... 🤷
cooking: 30 mins
photographing cooking: 3 hours
writing book 7: 15 mins
writing book 8: 30 mins
twitter: 16 hours
reading rebus: 5 hours
dinosaur naps: 3 hours

someone who is good with time management please help me budget this. my family is dying.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
How much is the rent there? If it's only £16-1700 a month, it's about the same as a 3 bed ex council in a crappy estate where I am. Something like the palatial mansion she has would be nearer 3 grand, especially if in an area of tennis courts, train stations and charity shops puddles stocking high end designer gear.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
What genuinely upsets me and why I'm so angry today (soz calmed down plating up dinner - guess who's managed to forage cockles on the mainland~) is that there WILL inevitably be people struggling tonight reading that. People in cold damp flats, not eating properly, reusing teabags, reading this tit. Being poor is tit for your self esteem as it is without being made to feel as if you aren't doing it well enough, you just don't know how to make 1 lentil into 200 or this magic coconut water will make a delicious dinner for your kids who hated what you made last night out the dregs of the freezer?

She's another awful scammer come anxiety inducing monster like Deliciously Ella and all of those insidious food people, she just has a different target audience. It's SO much worse though.
Completely agree. As someone with a chronic illness Deliciously Ella & other ‘wellness’ influencers have always hugely annoyed me because they take the focus off living well with a chronic illness & make people feel like being chronically ill means they are ‘less than’, making them feel that they need to chase total health at whatever cost. Essentially it’s capitalising on people’s (usually women’s) desperation. The fact that Jack is doing this to people with low incomes, whilst also claiming to have various disabilities, physical and mental illnesses is obscene. I hate the idea that anyone is sat feeling inadequate due to this charlatan.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Completely agree. As someone with a chronic illness Deliciously Ella & other ‘wellness’ influencers have always hugely annoyed me because they take the focus off living well with a chronic illness & make people feel like being chronically ill means they are ‘less than’, making them feel that they need to chase total health at whatever cost. Essentially it’s capitalising on people’s (usually women’s) desperation. The fact that Jack is doing this to people with low incomes, whilst also claiming to have various disabilities, physical and mental illnesses is obscene. I hate the idea that anyone is sat feeling inadequate due to this charlatan.
Yes!! You’ve put it far, far better. And isn’t it funny how any criticism of her is a women’s issue, rampant online misogyny and abuse, yet when she’s harming women it’s... nothing?

I can’t stop thinking of that poor mum who died this week for fear of how she’d feed her kids, and how Jack’s carry on denies that woman’s truth? Like if plucky old Jack can invent 35 nutritious meals for £20 then what’s stopping anyone from doing it?! I wish she’d stop and be honest and say you know what, I’ve got a £20 milk and fruit delivery / £40 on Ocado / a tit ton in the cupboard. People don’t read threads or back stories or follow ups, she knows these one liners are all that’ll be retained or RTed. It’s such a dangerous lie. For what? Her Patreon? head.

I really wish a publication (anyone will do rn!!) would pick up on “online issues” like this, influencers, etc. We compelling provide content & evidence for entirely bleeping free ffs!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Yes!! You’ve put it far, far better. And isn’t it funny how any criticism of her is a women’s issue, rampant online misogyny and abuse, yet when she’s harming women it’s... nothing?

I can’t stop thinking of that poor mum who died this week for fear of how she’d feed her kids, and how Jack’s carry on denies that woman’s truth? Like if plucky old Jack can invent 35 nutritious meals for £20 then what’s stopping anyone from doing it?! I wish she’d stop and be honest and say you know what, I’ve got a £20 milk and fruit delivery / £40 on Ocado / a tit ton in the cupboard. People don’t read threads or back stories or follow ups, she knows these one liners are all that’ll be retained or RTed. It’s such a dangerous lie. For what? Her Patreon? head.

I really wish a publication (anyone will do rn!!) would pick up on “online issues” like this, influencers, etc. We compelling provide content & evidence for entirely bleeping free ffs!!!
This is the thing which gets me - the way in which fantasists and narcissists and full blown con artists are just given a free pass on twitter - like, because they have a following they're lauded regardless of how hollow or how damaging they are. The press report on twitter nonsense like it's the truth and I know for a fact that journalists don't even buy it, it's just easy copy for them. It's sad because twitter *can* be used to give otherwise voiceless people a voice and I *have* in the past learned so much from it, but I can barely look at it now because people like Jack dominate and I just lose all respect for anyone who doesn't see through it. And there's so many of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I would love to know how she bends the time space continuum to work 90 hour weeks, cook multiple nonsensical meals every day, read multiple books a week, write two books at the same time......

bleeping joke of a woman.
Don’t forget deep cleaning, not just cleaning, but deep cleaning her kitchen a dozen times a day, and river dancing 25,000 steps round the bungalow, whilst visiting her 6 dab radios, stock taking her cupboards, grooming the floof, searching muddy puddles and raiding the local charity shops. Doing the school run. 🥱🥱🥱🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Most people that want to cook is have in their procession a cook book what to learn to cook fresh foods and cook well. Others who don't just sling frozen and tinned stuff from herons and or Iceland etc into anoven and carry on. She uses the excuse of using alot of the former to make what can be seen as from scratch cooking using highly preserved ingredients. That in my opinion is not cooking well.

Cooking well for me is sourcing our cheap fresh ingredients and using them in variety of ways not only to nourish but too feed a family for a few days.

For example a chicken from my local butcher's is 3 pounds. From one I have made a roast a curry and chicken soup from the carcass and the last few remnants of meat. That's 3 meals.

From 2 poundof mince I have made chilli and or spaghetti Bolognese and a small cottage pie. (Enough for 3 small portions)

I don't use tins other than tomatoes and beans. I source all my veg for cheap in the supermarkets and or greengrocers try to spend about 35 pounds a week for my big shop and usually about another ten for bread and milk tops ups.

Fair enough she can do it cheaper but at what cost. The stuff she buys is full of saturated fats, the lard, the terrible sausages,. The cooking bacon. It all scores really badly in the salt category, not too mention salt she uses I'm season and in her tinned products that are used to preserve them.

Part of my degree was nutrition and as part of that we had to study things like the sugar content of white bread and salt content of foods it really did curl my toes and to think she is eating it and encouraging others makes me sad.

Please pet, eat better for the sake of your health, sell some tit move to a smaller house. None of it is worth your health.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Burnout? From what? The stress of all the unfinished projects, the desperate attempts to remember exactly what she's lied about?

Utter, utter nobend

Or in the words of the late Brian Sewell (art critic):. "Uttah Tresh" ( said in a disparaging whispering voice)
Burnout from raiding Waterstones’s shelves by the sounds.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Most people that want to cook is have in their procession a cook book what to learn to cook fresh foods and cook well. Others who don't just sling frozen and tinned stuff from herons and or Iceland etc into anoven and carry on. She uses the excuse of using alot of the former to make what can be seen as from scratch cooking using highly preserved ingredients. That in my opinion is not cooking well.

Cooking well for me is sourcing our cheap fresh ingredients and using them in variety of ways not only to nourish but too feed a family for a few days.

For example a chicken from my local butcher's is 3 pounds. From one I have made a roast a curry and chicken soup from the carcass and the last few remnants of meat. That's 3 meals.

From 2 poundof mince I have made chilli and or spaghetti Bolognese and a small cottage pie. (Enough for 3 small portions)

I don't use tins other than tomatoes and beans. I source all my veg for cheap in the supermarkets and or greengrocers try to spend about 35 pounds a week for my big shop and usually about another ten for bread and milk tops ups.

Fair enough she can do it cheaper but at what cost. The stuff she buys is full of saturated fats, the lard, the terrible sausages,. The cooking bacon. It all scores really badly in the salt category, not too mention salt she uses I'm season and in her tinned products that are used to preserve them.

Part of my degree was nutrition and as part of that we had to study things like the sugar content of white bread and salt content of foods it really did curl my toes and to think she is eating it and encouraging others makes me sad.

Please pet, eat better for the sake of your health, sell some tit move to a smaller house. None of it is worth your health.
I am more concerned for her sons health, she can choose to eat crap, knowing it is crap, he doesn’t, and he can’t ☹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I had a look, it wasn’t her own (Fabulous Pie by Gareth Edwards). Had no idea she wrote children’s books too - they look wonderful! She does come across as so down to earth and genuine. It’s no wonder she’s getting a decent amount of opportunities when she presents herself so well (knowing how to cook also helps... )
A spouse who obviously adores her, close relationships with siblings, aware of her own problems, she really hasn't paid attention to the Jack Monroe Book of How To Do Cookery Writing, has she?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If we all go to court I'm going to have someone make me a dress out of some William Morris print curtains
I took a Facetuned selfie in my court outfit earlier — I’m so ready for this!

A51EDACE-68F0-4E60-ACE6-098392537972.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
you don’t get potato peelings from instant mash, so duck off
Jack is an authentic poor. The first time she saw a real live skin on potato she kicked it the shins then got an ASBO for singing 'Knees Up Mother Brown' to an audience of startled Tories.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.