Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe since she finds it so hard to live on her "living wage" salary she could do a bit of campaigning to get it raised?

She makes me angry with this house stuff (angry inside, not performatively like Jackie, howling, clawing the floor, "screaming into the void" - I am sure that's another lift from tattle). I and millions of others live in smaller homes, in cheaper areas. I can't complain because I know how lucky I am and appreciate what I have, but my kids are being brought up in a home much, much smaller than hers.

Millions of children move house. It's a normal part of life.

Millions of people have lost or will lose their jobs and incomes and homes in the coming months. They won't have patreons funding them to sit on their holes whining on twitter all day long and getting weekly flower deliveries.

They will have to work to feed their families. They will have to move. They will have to go on benefits and use food banks.

Get your head out of your arse for five bleeping minutes and READ THE bleeping ROOM.

This whingeing and wailing actually turns my stomach. She hasn't a bleeping clue.

Either shut up, or move somewhere you can more comfortably afford. Stop trying to guilt your followers into bankrolling you. You are doing well if your outgoings are less than your income.
They also won’t be shelling out hundreds on private prescriptions 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 19
One of them was about her Personal Assistant who has been with her for 21 years and she's not going to just feck her off out of it because of some government pay scheme blah blah blah.. There was a hashtag for the scheme too.
Unless that's in comments further down..
Oh yeah - how much did we work out the Patreon earned? She said all of that was used to pay the admin assistant.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before.
Haha, of course, even a late tax return isn’t actually *her* fault, it’s the fault of ADHD! Obviously. And, if the Patreon is for paying the wage of her admin, why has she been full-on begging throughout lockdown - whilst her admin is apparently on furlough?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Jack has stated several times that she chooses to pay herself the living wage and saves the rest. Presumably then, she has savings. So if she doesn't want to move to a cheaper place then she has 2 options:
1. Pay yourself more
2. Use some of those savings you have accumulated
Two more ideas:

3. Sell your hoard of designer clothes, like you said you would
4. Apply for a supermarket job, like you said you would

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm loath to admit this because it probably says more about me than it does Jack, but I'd be bleeping THRILLED to have an extra 10% left after paying my rent /mortgage and all my bills.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
She didn't seem as concerned about moving him when she relocated to London after being with Allegra for like 6 weeks? She should really give up on the doting mother act, it's her least convincing lie after the pov cosplay
It’s just a narrative she’s pushing to explain away a house that she has to pretend that she can’t afford but really she knows that she can afford, so as to beg for ever more money.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
View attachment 273436
What a head. Stubbornly staying in a house that she allegedly can't afford until she gets the owned home that she feels she deserves.
How will she ever save up for a deposit for her "forever home" (how I fuckin hate that saying) if she is spending all but 8.7% on bills? Oh I know, she will either:-

a) Wait until her parents die and she inherits part of the property empire......a risky strategy. The age that many parents live to, she could be a pensioner herself. Or else most of it could go in care home fees. Or they could leave it to someone else, or a charity.

b) Meet and marry some wealthy woman...... a risky strategy. She is becoming less and less desirable as a partner as the years roll by. What can appear fun and kooky in a young partner becomes very tiresome in an older woman.

c) She will crowdfund one....a risky strategy. This would generate a lot of scrutiny and may well be the catalyst for her to be investigated by all manner of authorities.

d) She will become successful in her own right......a risky strategy. You only have to look at the shitshow she has made of her career so far to see this is a non-starter.

Looks like she will be renting for the foreseeable at this rate. Renting this place IS her "forever home", like it or not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
She's back to her usual trick of tweeting out a problem - and every time someone offers a suggestion she kicks it back. So predictable. No wonder she has fewer and fewer "followers"

Reactions: 32
Oh duck off, Jack. Ms safety conscious didn’t even blur out the location of the Asda in her latest receipts in case anyone still hasn’t got her address yet. I figured it out in 5 mins because you kept talking about the sports facility that your house backs onto. View attachment 273418
....yet here quarter of a million randoms, have a look at a picture of my son in his pants

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
She tweets about all her furniture and rinsing her beans.

Jack is OBSESSED with what's on Tattle. It's taken over her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
So what’s she doing then, exactly? Let’s say she did want to try this, she claims it gets kicked down the list, so what work is she actually bleeping doing? She’s been on easy-street all lockdown, it’s now October. It’s maddening. Apparently she’s ‘writing a book’ but never seems to be doing that, the so-called deadline is seemingly long gone, she’s done the occasional online event for a grand total of a few hours of work since DKL finished. She’s the laziest person in the uk and yet she seemingly expects some magical house ownership dream to be fully gifted to her outright.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
What exactly is this ‘salary’ she speaks of anyway? Thought she didn’t have one? Does she have an account with all the big lumps of money deposited (like the dkl or Hellman’s/book money) & pay herself a salary from that? Is it the website earnings? The patreon?
None of it makes sense. And she’s clearly deleted after that squiggle pointed out that even her pity tweets show she has disposable income, unlike many other people.

Reactions: 26
If only Jack could be screened. then maybe her son wouldn't have to live with someone who feeds him disgusting rotten slop on a daily basis, posts photos of him half naked on the internet, tries to get his favourite author cancelled, makes him feel like he can't walk home with his friends without being kidnapped, and expects him to sit by her while she sleeps to make sure she's not dead.
Well said! And how do we know all this? Because of her Twitter-obsession, nobody is stalking her to glean this information. And she’s got herself in a really difficult situation because half of the stuff she spits out could easily be lies but she can never admit to that now.

The stuff with the house is bugging me. It must be the postcode she wants. But she relies on people giving her cash she’s done hee haw to earn because she’s pretending she’s poor. Yet these people saw her on a daily programme when most of the country were in lockdown, they see her “I’ve got a secret job coming up” posts and “I’m writing another book” posts - why are they not wondering what’s going on??

Kids are resilient, especially (I would think) if they don’t have to move schools. I don’t believe her not wanting to move is less to do with SB and more to do with her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.