Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My God, this is all making me so hecking mad! Of course you have to move if you can't afford to stay living where you are, your kid will adapt like millions of others do. Why can she not see this?!
Because she’s privileged and thinks moving house (unless she’s bought the new place) is beneath her

SB spends half his time at his dad’s, so he’s used to moving about. Plus, he’ll probably be off to university or living with his mates within a few years. Using him to pull on heart strings is pathetic

• Heart
Reactions: 28

I'd recognise that branding anywhere. That's Two Chubby Cubs, who may have made eggy mistakes but, unlike R Jackie, have made me HOOT and FIZZ and their cookbook is a delight.
This. One hundred per cent.

ETA:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Jack has stated several times that she chooses to pay herself the living wage and saves the rest. Presumably then, she has savings. So if she doesn't want to move to a cheaper place then she has 2 options:
1. Pay yourself more
2. Use some of those savings you have accumulated

• Heart
Reactions: 39
What a coincidence that she accepts 300+ new followers and out comes the finance chat. Patreon link in the bio newbies.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I think maybe the main reason she struggles so much with it is because she is utterly charmless, naturally cold and unlikeable, void of charisma, difficult and unpleasant to watch and lacking in imagination or anything interesting to say. Under these circumstances I can probably see how it could be difficult to create videos? But then again I'd say a lot of vloggers are also really boring and stupid yet still manage to churn them out so I guess she really is just lazy.
Also you forgot, SHE CAN'T COOK!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Working like a bleeping charm. Ch-ching.
How on earth do these cretins think a ‘bestselling writer’ is more worthy than the homeless, than people living in destitution, than nearly anyone? It genuinely blows my mind.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
No, 91.3% of her salary goes on rent AND BILLS!
I was just thinking this. 10% left for everything else including bills once the rent is paid? You are totally living out of your means then and no amount of yellow stickers is going to help with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Maybe since she finds it so hard to live on her "living wage" salary she could do a bit of campaigning to get it raised?

She makes me angry with this house stuff (angry inside, not performatively like Jackie, howling, clawing the floor, "screaming into the void" - I am sure that's another lift from tattle). I and millions of others live in smaller homes, in cheaper areas. I can't complain because I know how lucky I am and appreciate what I have, but my kids are being brought up in a home much, much smaller than hers.

Millions of children move house. It's a normal part of life.

Millions of people have lost or will lose their jobs and incomes and homes in the coming months. They won't have patreons funding them to sit on their holes whining on twitter all day long and getting weekly flower deliveries.

They will have to work to feed their families. They will have to move. They will have to go on benefits and use food banks.

Get your head out of your arse for five bleeping minutes and READ THE bleeping ROOM.

This whingeing and wailing actually turns my stomach. She hasn't a bleeping clue.

Either shut up, or move somewhere you can more comfortably afford. Stop trying to guilt your followers into bankrolling you. You are doing well if your outgoings are less than your income.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Trading Standards needs to become familiar with her body of work. Grrrr.😳😬😒

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Moving to London, hanging out with the celebs? She's making it sound as if she were part of the Primrose Hill set :LOL:
Well, you know, it wasn't that long ago she was talking about having 2 main courses one after the other at the Groucho.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Just found this on slimming hurled. Jack's next recipe?
That is revolting. I once was invited to a friend's home for playing after school, and dinner. It was terribly grown up and exciting. Except that her mother served scrambled eggs with tinned beetroot and all the red juice ran into the eggs and dinner was served with a huge glass of milk and YOU try to eat that gracefully and graciously as my mother instructed!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I was just thinking this. 10% left for everything else including bills once the rent is paid? You are totally living out of your means then and no amount of yellow stickers is going to help with that.
No it's 10% left for, I don't even know, hammocks and stuff? Let's say her rent is £1k a month, let's say bills are what? £500 a month? (council tax, gas, water, electricity etc - she may possibly even be including food as part of her 'bills' - that will be deductible against her job anyway). So she 'pays' herself, like, £1,650 a month? (Please note I am rubbish at maths so this may be completely wrong).
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER HOWEVER that this is Jack we're talking about and she's probably chatting absolute shite anyway.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I haven’t even got past page 1 so forgive me if this has been said but....

the furlough scheme/help for the self-employed was to help those who couldn’t work during lockdown...Jack had a slot on DKL, this morning, her Hellman’s bollocks and released a book. Why the hell does she think she deserved help from the tax payer as well?
Because SHE RENTS!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
`I think she's deleted a bunch of tweets she posted in the last hour or so? @Marmalade Atkins I know they sometimes still show up for you?
ETA did she delete the one where she says she's fine, please don't send her money??
One of them was about her Personal Assistant who has been with her for 21 years and she's not going to just feck her off out of it because of some government pay scheme blah blah blah.. There was a hashtag for the scheme too.
Unless that's in comments further down..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.