Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thought of drinking the salty watery white scum that comes out of cheap bacon has genuinely made me feel queasy 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Not a foody frau, but do people even cook veg in animal fats these days? The goose fat jars you see at Christmas make me gag, even typing about them has made me gag, I’d be in bits if someone served me fat veg 🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
...and to take her up on her point from the original thing that she wrote in the Guardian. It’s too easy to compare breast enlargement with breast removal and to conclude that there is some double standard. It fails to take into account that her cousin is likely a fairly normal type who just fancied a lift and could apparently afford it. Compare that with Jack-Ive always-had-it-worse-than-anyone-ever-me-me-ME!-Monroe, the drama queen, the never quite knows what she wants but at least *does* know that you and everyone else though definitely not her is to blame for her not knowing what she wants, the poverty ‘campaigner’ with designer tastes who can’t afford to eat but can definitely afford to have a big operation or at least find someone to pay for it, hint hint nudge nudge, and any doubts relatives had are easily understood . As it turns out they were right, after all that hot air she didn’t even carry out the bloody thing she was going on about - As always.
Does anyone remember/have the receipt for her reasoning? Why did she bottle out of the transition?

That is such a nosedive for her career and reputation wise, but also a slight blow to the credibility of people wishing to transition. After she's written about it so much and so publicly, shouting down all the nay sayers, she did exactly what a lot of the transphobic tribe (and even the trans positive but concerned about decisions being made too swiftly people) warn will happen. Why does she have to ruin everything for everyone?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I don't understand anything anymore. She's made her mark writing about food? But it all looks like gunk?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
...and to take her up on her point from the original thing that she wrote in the Guardian. It’s too easy to compare breast enlargement with breast removal and to conclude that there is some double standard. It fails to take into account that her cousin is likely a fairly normal type who just fancied a lift and could apparently afford it. Compare that with Jack-Ive always-had-it-worse-than-anyone-ever-me-me-ME!-Monroe, the drama queen, the never quite knows what she wants but at least *does* know that you and everyone else though definitely not her is to blame for her not knowing what she wants, the poverty ‘campaigner’ with designer tastes who can’t afford to eat but can definitely afford to have a big operation or at least find someone to pay for it, hint hint nudge nudge, and any doubts relatives had are easily understood . As it turns out they were right, after all that hot air she didn’t even carry out the bloody thing she was going on about - As always.
Whereabouts on the timeline did she change her mind and was there anything that could have triggered that change of mind, I wonder? I'm just trying to mentally fit in her trans phase starting and finishing with the end and start dates of her relationships with Allegra and Louisa. And poor SB who apparently had to sit through a lecture on how Mummy will be changing, including genitally if I remember correctly.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Not a foody frau, but do people even cook veg in animal fats these days? The goose fat jars you see at Christmas make me gag, even typing about them has made me gag, I’d be in bits if someone served me fat veg 🤮🤮🤮
Oh actually roast potatoes done in duck / goose fat is lush but there's a reason you only ever do it at Christmas, the time of overindulgence. Normally it's veg oil.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The way she writes tweets CRACKS ME UP. Just put RANDOM PARTS OF THE SENTENCE in caps lock for DRAMATIC IMPACT.
Same, babe 🤣 And the way she capitalises random words to try and make them a thing, like her 'Very Good Sandwich' earlier.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Does she just eat beans?
I love your innocence 🥰 Sadly it’s been a long lockdown and we’ve not seen beans round these parts for months now, we’re onto liquid mush incinerated for days at a time, and eyelid sausages. Dry heaving isn’t uncommon round here. The Salmon pasta & poor Ruth is a classic:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.