Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

@melfish

No, she used the poorly kitten as a prop for engagement on Twitter and it was a very horrible thing to witness but no she didn’t kill it.
She’s guilty of prolonging the poor things suffering though

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
So she's basically a grifter

Sorry, I've popped over from the dying Sali Hughes thread. I should just read back

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Lol not quite but she refused to listen to the (apparently) 3 vets (this is easily disputed by the fact that her “friend” Vix was like ooooh hope she passes another test with flying colours and the vet was like you need to euthanise this kitten immediately she is in great pain) who Jack refused to listen to. The kitten apparently died in the night after opening two heavy wooden doors and climbing onto a double bed to rest on Jack’s bosom.

Honestly, I’d disliked her for an awfully long time prior to this but it was what convinced me that she’s an actual demon.

Sorry I sort of neglected to use punctuation there.
Allowing an animal to die in pain and fear is actually worse than killing it. As for a baby animal taken from its mother too soon, well, that just makes me -

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Am a bit clueless to all the regulations in the uk, but you’re saying that landlords weren’t allowed to kick a tenant out until just recently, and that the minimum notice they can give is 6 months? And is this both ways, or would it be possible for a tennant to give 4 months notice?
Courts werent operating for possession orders, so even if notice was served and expired, you werent going to be kicked out. My contracts have always (pre covid) said 1 months notice from us, 2 months notice from landlord. Now it is 6 months from landlord. Im assuming its still 1 month from tenant (at the latest). You can give earlier notice if you wanted to.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Veronicaaa ergh I’d forgotten about the monetised memorial video. God she is such a dick.
I've made myself furious all over again!! Absolutely outrageous, and the way she presented it on twitter as though she was some sort of mother teresa / saint francis of assisi with all the ~we are saving each other~ bullshit, and people bleeping lapping it up! That's when I gave up twitter for good (other than for sleuthing purposes).

Allowing an animal to die in pain and fear is actually worse than killing it. As for a baby animal taken from its mother too soon, well, that just makes me -

OMG I only bloody LOVE Madeline Kahn! This is one of my favourite monologues in all of cinema history -

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

I found a six-week-old kitten hiding in my car engine two weeks ago. He's been to the vet and is doing fine, but such a wee defenceless thing

• Heart
Reactions: 27
On her cousin who got a breast enlargement
...and to take her up on her point from the original thing that she wrote in the Guardian. It’s too easy to compare breast enlargement with breast removal and to conclude that there is some double standard. It fails to take into account that her cousin is likely a fairly normal type who just fancied a lift and could apparently afford it. Compare that with Jack-Ive always-had-it-worse-than-anyone-ever-me-me-ME!-Monroe, the drama queen, the never quite knows what she wants but at least *does* know that you and everyone else though definitely not her is to blame for her not knowing what she wants, the poverty ‘campaigner’ with designer tastes who can’t afford to eat but can definitely afford to have a big operation or at least find someone to pay for it, hint hint nudge nudge, and any doubts relatives had are easily understood . As it turns out they were right, after all that hot air she didn’t even carry out the bloody thing she was going on about - As always.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Sorry, I've popped over from the dying Sali Hughes thread. I should just read back
No don’t worry, come join us

Poca does an excellent round up under the spoiler “Jack for Dummies” at the start of every thread which may prove enlightening...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

First post of this thread is a really good starting point. There’s a LOT to take in 😫 But at least stick around to the next full moon and you’ll get it x

• Haha
Reactions: 28
...and to take her up on her point from the original thing that she wrote in the Guardian. It’s too easy to compare breast enlargement with breast removal and to conclude that there is some double standard. It fails to take into account that her cousin is likely a fairly normal type who just fancied a lift and could apparently afford it. Compare that with Jack-Ive always-had-it-worse-than-anyone-ever-me-me-ME!-Monroe, the drama queen, the never quite knows what she wants but at least *does* know that you and everyone else though definitely not her is to blame for her not knowing what she wants, the poverty ‘campaigner’ with designer tastes who can’t afford to eat but can definitely afford to have a big operation or at least find someone to pay for it, hint hint nudge nudge, and any doubts relatives had are easily understood . As it turns out they were right, after all that hot air she didn’t even carry out the bloody thing she was going on about - As always.
Love the way she ends a paragraph in the piece by saying "This isn’t a phase." Aye is it not Jack? Got that double mastectomy you always longed for did you?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Also if I got so poor I was struggling the first thing I would do after LOOKING for a job and sorting out housing my inexpensive phone would be sold any other useless tit worth a few quid before I would ever dream of trying to get money from people. But that's just me. I cannot speak for everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Jack's talking about how she collects the fat from her disgusting sausages so she can cook her son's "little potatoes" in it. Wouldn't eat that herself, mind you.

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 20.36.15.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Also if I got so poor I was struggling the first thing I would do after LOOKING for a job and sorting out housing my inexpensive phone would be sold any other useless tit worth a few quid before I would ever dream of trying to get money from people. But that's just me. I cannot speak for everyone else.
Am willing to bet that the vast, vast majority of people would rather sell their luxury tit, would downsize, would jump through hoops to earn more and would have to be at the point of starvation before ashamedly and begrudgingly even considering begging for money. Jack, on the other hand, her line in the sand is if the savings account isn’t as fat as she feels it should be.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.