Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whereabouts on the timeline did she change her mind and was there anything that could have triggered that change of mind, I wonder? I'm just trying to mentally fit in her trans phase starting and finishing with the end and start dates of her relationships with Allegra and Louisa. And poor SB who apparently had to sit through a lecture on how Mummy will be changing, including genitally if I remember correctly.
Didn't her and Allegra end because A wanted a girlfriend with tits?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Not a foody frau, but do people even cook veg in animal fats these days? The goose fat jars you see at Christmas make me gag, even typing about them has made me gag, I’d be in bits if someone served me fat veg 🤮🤮🤮

Haha you’d hate me....I roast potatoes in beef dripping...best flavour EVER.

Admittedly we don’t have roast potatoes that often but when we do I go all out.

My late grandmother used to save the fat from cooking meat and do her roast potatoes in it. It was something she did during the war and she continued to do so after the war. Her roast potatoes were to die for. 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I don't understand anything anymore. She's made her mark writing about food? But it all looks like gunk?
Having an innocent person ask these questions makes you realise what a truly wild ride we’ve been on the last 6 months, like I can’t believe what we’re typing but... it’s all true - it all happened?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Not a foody frau, but do people even cook veg in animal fats these days? The goose fat jars you see at Christmas make me gag, even typing about them has made me gag, I’d be in bits if someone served me fat veg 🤮🤮🤮
I do on occasion, I sometimes use goose/duck fat or beef dripping. Mainly for spuds to be fair.

The fat out of cheap sausages absolutely stinks though, no way would I be saving that shite to cook with, especially not for my children ☹
Mind you I wouldn't cook them for my kids anyway, I'd sooner knock up a veggie meal for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Wait, so how many radios does she have?
init and I bet they’re all Roberts (we’ve seen at least one of them). If I lived with someone wasting electric like that I’d go mad and I’m not even pleading poverty, we only get one planet hun x

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Isn't that how she "learnt to cook?"
By wandering aimlessly around the supermarket (no doubt to keep warm) reading labels & packets to work out what goes in to a Lasagne or whatever?
Cor blimey guv! Beef mince, tomatoes, pasta & béchemel? What the faaaaaaack is that?!🤯
In 2014, she actually describes herself rooting through a ready meal lasagne to discover what the ingredients were in this new, complicated and apparently mysterious food:

"So, I bought one from M&S, unwrapped it, felt through that sticky white sauce and revealed layers of minced meat, tomato sauce and pasta sheets. Not so mysterious"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Because that's literally *what she does*. @heretoreaditall2019's theory that she's actually a tory plant designed to discredit leftists could explain her trans infiltration, as well as all her other infiltrations.
I think that’s @harderfaster’s theory, but I completely agree. She’s even gonna do a bleeping hashtag for this right wing political propaganda? Cos you can wipe your bum with the plastic off the rancid mushrooms can you Jackie?!

I'm afraid to ask what an eyelid sausage is
New thread title please?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Years ago I was in the states, went out for breakfast and had pancakes for the first time. Stacked up two scoops of ice cream on top and maple syrup poured over. Spoon through ice cream and pancakes into mouth 🤢 not ice cream, butter 🤢
I did this exact same thing the first time I went to a breakfast buffet in the US. I can't tell you how glad I am to have company! 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Exactly. @Flumps had a great post earlier about the complexities of food pricing, inflation, and the economy. I have friends in the agricultural sector who have suffered tremendously thanks to the endless quest for cheap food. It's a hugely complicated issue that Jack can't interpret beyond "look at this receipt!!!"

It's like when she talks about lockdown. A Jackolyte commented the other day that the UK should have had a much stricter lockdown and that would have solved everything, and Jack agreed and whined a bit about Tories. OK, where I live our lockdown was a thousand times stricter - and guess what? We've had a severe second wave. This is hardly classified information, by the way - but given that Jack doesn't even seem aware of what's happening in other cities in England, she sure as tit doesn't bother to read the international news.

Her level of political discourse is literally that of a teenager. All she ever manages is "Tories bad!!!"
Bib
And yet gove, vine, Lawson are her chums🤔

Reactions: 16
I'm afraid to ask what an eyelid sausage is
Asda Smart Price frozen sausages. £1 for 20. According to Jack made of "arseholes, eyelids and bollocks" (I may have got those in the wrong order, but cba to dig up the original receipt). Used in her "cucina povera".

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.