Jack Monroe #81 It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's too early for Celebrity Masterchef I'm afraid, the last one only finished two months ago. Masterchef: The Professionals starts airing fairly soon, but I don't think she'd even make the first round and, as she says, she's NOT a chef.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
What do Jack's acolytes get out of their one-sided relationship with her? I don't understand it. She has "neither wit, nor use, nor ornament" as my Granny used to say.
THAT MAN however (and his little buddy Buddy) bring light and joy. I just bought the VEG book. KAPOW! It's full of colour and zest and makes one want to run straight to the kitchen. Here he is mispronouncing gazpacho with heart and warmth:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Crikey - imagine the absolute Twatfest!! Having met two of his wives on Twitter, maybe Gregg can give Jack some tips on getting them down the aisle.

Talking of dickheads.....Wallace is known to be a wanker.

Just remember that the job Jack is doing is big....HUGE.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Well apparently he doesn’t work there anymore but is intrigued by my question. I said nothing! How disappointing.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
It's too early for Celebrity Masterchef I'm afraid, the last one only finished two months ago. Masterchef: The Professionals starts airing fairly soon, but I don't think she'd even make the first round and, as she says, she's NOT a chef.
or a cook.

Reactions: 14
Depends, I don’t think for one moment she would be asked for either I’m a celeb or celeb masterchef as she is not a celeb and she is far too unstable for each.
Also, I know we all know who she is, but out there in the real world she is a micro-celebrity at best. I don’t think she’d make the cut given that there are so many reality TV types and Instagrammers who’d be in front of her in the queue.

Reactions: 19
Day ten in camp.

The celebs had won several tasks thanks to ‘rock hard Eamonn & his nerves of steel’ but were fast becoming despondent at having to survive on Jack’s slop. She would allow nobody else in the camp kitchen.

The camp was fizzing with excitement as the celebs took the thumping big jugs of lemonade, liver sandwiches with lettuce, potted spam & gingerbread cake out of the cupboard along with their bathing things and headed down the cliff-path to the pool, glinting in the moonlight.

‘My mom invented midnight feasts’, droned an adenoidal whine in the darkness.

Stony faced Eamonn longed for a hair brush with which to spank Jack but he knew the inevitable wailing and teeth gnashing would wake either Ant or Dec. ‘Clear off Jack’, he snorted scornfully, ‘or I’ll set my cousin on you’.

The celebs unpacked their midnight feast and started to tuck in. Suddenly a tremendous, anguished death rattle filled the still night and everybody froze. Surely the producers would have heard and their feast would be scuppered? What on earth could it be?

It was, of course, Jack, who had run to catch up after fetching the rancid salad bag pesto from her locker and was now trapped under a rock.

Eamonn shone his torch to see Jack, biting her teething necklace as she tried to wriggle free. ‘It’s my Mediterranean arse’, she panted. ‘I’m stuck fast’.

Footsteps could be heard coming down the path, and in a panic the celebs swept up their crumbs and fled the back way to the tower, leaving Jack pretending to be dying.

‘Get to absolute duck’, wailed Jack, tweeting the tale to her followers as she brandished her penknife at a horrified and very angry Dec.
I'm Grunka-ing but "adenoidal whine in the darkness" has just finished me. Amazing work, Dear Heart! Now get fucked.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I'm sure it's a yoghurt advert. This is based on nothing but cop instinct and I'm still pages behind. Present-time coven, don't judge me if I'm wrong.
The hoofer/warbler/sometime Judge got the Yoghurt gig by sleeping with the Producer. Alledgedly m’lud.
Would Mackie do such a heinous, sneaky thing to further her career ? Wot, taking up with people? Useful types ?
I don’t believe it.
All my fantasy fuelled by chaos m’lud.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Talking of dickheads.....Wallace is known to be a wanker.

Just remember that the job Jack is doing is big....HUGE.
Yes, I know a waitress that said he was a real perv & incredibly rude. Jack will hopefully kick tit out of him live on air 😂

I'm Grunka-ing but "adenoidal whine in the darkness" has just finished me. Amazing work, Dear Heart! Now get fucked.
I read it back & kicked myself for not doing ‘wobbled through the darkness’

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Uh-oh ..... Autumn Catalogue just dropped in my email. Thought a collaboration was happening when I saw a familiar hand on page 6. Maybe next time.

* Aff link etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Uh-oh ..... Autumn Catalogue just dropped in my email. Thought a collaboration was happening when I saw a familiar hand on page 6. Maybe next time.

Another catalogue for her to complete. I’d put out a 500-metre wide warning to all her neighbours of a potential sinkhole forming, stat.

• Haha
Whatever it is, she'll be getting paid for it, a decent sum I assume, seeing as how she's declared the job "huge". So WTF was the £20 food shopping all about? She makes me so angry!

• Heart
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.