Jack Monroe #81 It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest I’m quite surprised about how ‘low’ the amount is considering that influencers can be paid several thousand for a single, minimal effort Instagram post. Though I guess beggars (or C-list celebrities) can’t be choosers and will take what they can get, equally the channel hasn’t got the budget to bribe anyone more relevant
I think, as it’s been explained to me many times by the watchers of this sort of stuff, it’s all about the deals afterwards. The interviews and brand stuff that then gets thrown at them afterwards is worth a fortune, I’m sure my mum told me that one of the love islanders made a million within a month of coming out of there. They get TV and presenting work etc, too. Think Joe Swash types.

I’m telling you, if she’s announced as going on there and there’s another lockdown, I’m going to be watching it every night with a tub of ice cream and explaining the lies of Jack to anyone who will listen.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Luckily I am working from home and alone so I was able to screech, howl, and claw at the floor undisturbed.
Lucky! I'm going to have to request to work from home again i think on account of being in the office is affecting my ability to Grunka efficiently! Maybe if I bribe my manager with a sideboard...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Stony faced Eamonn longed for a hair brush with which to spank Jack but he knew the inevitable wailing and teeth gnashing would wake either Ant or Dec. ‘Clear off Jack’, he snorted scornfully, ‘or I’ll set my cousin on you’.
😂😂😂 Genius! This made me hoot like an owl.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
To be honest I’m quite surprised about how ‘low’ the amount is considering that influencers can be paid several thousand for a single, minimal effort Instagram post. Though I guess beggars (or C-list celebrities) can’t be choosers and will take what they can get, equally the channel hasn’t got the budget to bribe anyone more relevant
I got sucked into a cameo rabbit hole and it’s really quite depressing seeing how little money some folk will throw their images at I imagine only fans to be far far worse so maybe there’s not actually that much money floating round for people not in the public eye as much these days especially over the last six months

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Day ten in camp.

The celebs had won several tasks thanks to ‘rock hard Eamonn & his nerves of steel’ but were fast becoming despondent at having to survive on Jack’s slop. She would allow nobody else in the camp kitchen.

The camp was fizzing with excitement as the celebs took the thumping big jugs of lemonade, liver sandwiches with lettuce, potted spam & gingerbread cake out of the cupboard along with their bathing things and headed down the cliff-path to the pool, glinting in the moonlight.

‘My mom invented midnight feasts’, droned an adenoidal whine in the darkness.

Stony faced Eamonn longed for a hair brush with which to spank Jack but he knew the inevitable wailing and teeth gnashing would wake either Ant or Dec. ‘Clear off Jack’, he snorted scornfully, ‘or I’ll set my cousin on you’.

The celebs unpacked their midnight feast and started to tuck in. Suddenly a tremendous, anguished death rattle filled the still night and everybody froze. Surely the producers would have heard and their feast would be scuppered? What on earth could it be?

It was, of course, Jack, who had run to catch up after fetching the rancid salad bag pesto from her locker and was now trapped under a rock.

Eamonn shone his torch to see Jack, biting her teething necklace as she tried to wriggle free. ‘It’s my Mediterranean arse’, she panted. ‘I’m stuck fast’.

Footsteps could be heard coming down the path, and in a panic the celebs swept up their crumbs and fled the back way to the tower, leaving Jack pretending to be dying.

‘Get to absolute duck’, wailed Jack, tweeting the tale to her followers as she brandished her penknife at a horrified and very angry Dec.
I love this so much!!!

Reactions: 14
Didn't she say she had to give her clothes size to someone for this shoot? It can't be a charity based thing then, surely? The excitement is too, TOO much 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I got sucked into a cameo rabbit hole and it’s really quite depressing seeing how little money some folk will throw their images at I imagine only fans to be far far worse so maybe there’s not actually that much money floating round for people not in the public eye as much these days especially over the last six months
Yes, absolutely! People think Only Fans (and sex work in general) is easy money but with the market so oversaturated it’s not. I see people charging $5/month and while it’s uncomfortable putting any value on access to (especially women’s) bodies, you’d hope to get a bit more than enough for a meal deal. Even the niche fetishes are difficult to get into as the consumers generally dislike newbies who don’t understand their interest, won’t put effort into learning and just want to exploit it for a quick buck*. The only people who can make good money from any of this “easy” stuff are (usually) ironically the ones that don’t need the money because they’re otherwise successful

*I’m probably preaching to the congregation here judging from what was in that drawer, Alan... 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I must admit I will be disappointed if it's actually something good 😂

Then again this is Jack and I think the only noteworthy thing she's ever done is get one over on old Hatie Flopkins.

So expectations are low

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She's been very quiet - given her train journey and that she's, apparently, 'slightly manic', 'a bit edgy', and at her 'absolute maddest'.

I want to know what she's up tooooo, the suspense is painful. If she is, indeed, actually up to anything at all. Jury's out.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Yes, absolutely! People think Only Fans (and sex work in general) is easy money but with the market so oversaturated it’s not. I see people charging $5/month and while it’s uncomfortable putting any value on access to (especially women’s) bodies, you’d hope to get a bit more than enough for a meal deal. Even the niche fetishes are difficult to get into as the consumers generally dislike newbies who don’t understand their interest, won’t put effort into learning and just want to exploit it for a quick buck*. The only people who can make good money from any of this “easy” stuff are (usually) ironically the ones that don’t need the money because they’re otherwise successful

*I’m probably preaching to the congregation here judging from what was in that drawer, Alan... 😂
D9D5182B-E2FF-4832-BB1A-D6241026639D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She's been very quiet - given her train journey and that she's, apparently, 'slightly manic', 'a bit edgy', and at her 'absolute maddest'.

I want to know what she's up tooooo, the suspense is painful. If she is, indeed, actually up to anything at all. Jury's out.
She's in the train jacksie getting recipe ideas..

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

There's probably been a dramatic incident that she's become embroiled in 🙄 and kicking of shins/pen knife wielding. We all know Jackamo + trains = CHAOS.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

She's having her daily dinosaur nap

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.