Jack Monroe #81 It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m also obsessed with the Asda shop. Do you think she’s going to show a photo of some random crap tomorrow, none of it a weeks shop. Then post 2 pictures of slop and forget the rest.

Now I am no expert, but her engagement on Instagram looks terrible. No one really comments. Careers are made on Instagram, I doubt they are on twitter so much

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Sorry I’m grunking here but I completely missed her saying that she was the first to release a seasonal cookbook (already disproved by other fraus) but I’d like to ask Jack personally WHAT THE duck ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Like I understand in recent years there’s less of that type of cookery due to advances in food preservation/longer seasons etc but throughout history people have had to eat seasonally so cookbooks would reflect that? And this would have been the case until the last few decades but even now for culture/cost/common sense reasons people still eat seasonally to an extent?

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if she thought (poor) people literally lived off spaghetti hoops and spam which are obviously never out of season...

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Sorry I’m grunking here but I completely missed her saying that she was the first to release a seasonal cookbook (already disproved by other fraus) but I’d like to ask Jack personally WHAT THE duck ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Like I understand in recent years there’s less of that type of cookery due to advances in food preservation/longer seasons etc but throughout history people have had to eat seasonally so cookbooks would reflect that? And this would have been the case until the last few decades but even now for culture/cost/common sense reasons people still eat seasonally to an extent?

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if she thought (poor) people literally lived off spaghetti hoops and spam which are obviously never out of season...
Mind the time she said May was Swede season? https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...-still-making-us-gag.6253/page-9#post-1426684

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I think her Patreon members have decreased recently. She was on 289 when I last looked and now on 281...Perhaps that provoked the pretend twenty pound a week budget! Have a great weekend everyone, these threads make me giggle so much!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Discovered she made the 'domino shortbread' in 2018. She said 'recipe to come' ... Reader, it never came.

Couldn't have triangulated the shortbread back then though as they were completely covered. Sugar overload 🤪
Screenshot_20201003-110509_Samsung Internet.jpg

More minging fingernails :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Bit late here (I've been BUSY), but congrats to @Incywincy, our very own Sisyphus, on nearly rolling the boulder all the way uphill...
You see references like these are why I love it here.

Some areas of Tattle just feel like cheap pot shots that make me feel uncomfortable but on this thread? Top notch discourse as ALWAYS ladies and gents.

What a bloody miserable weekend though. Went out for a coffee in my mask, hoodie hood up, rain coat on. Looked like the lone survivor of a nuclear apocalypse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

Yes, I would like to ask Jack WHAT THE duck ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Have you never read any of Nigel Slater's books? How about Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall? No? No. Didn't think so.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Mood Food

Has anyone registered for the British Library event today, Mood Food? JM will give her monologue etc. I can't as I'm in Australia and our clocks leap forward tonight, and my start tomorrow is early !

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I'm just making a box of stuff for the charity shop. Not sure whether they'll appreciate the Jack books I've never used. What should I do with them?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I can't quote but thank you @Pocahontas for catching me ;)

Long time lurker, first time signer-upper-er, but this wonderful cabal of fraus has had me fizzing and hooting like an effervescent owl as well as giving me the warm and fuzzies by being a really genuine and supportive lot.

Hopefully my controversial name (channeling my inner #maverick) is slightly tempered by my pic being the happiest ham of all. That and the unruly ham flaps pic is already taken.

Now get the absolute duck off (or something)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Mood Food

Has anyone registered for the British Library event today, Mood Food? JM will give her monologue etc. I can't as I'm in Australia and our clocks leap forward tonight, and my start tomorrow is early !
I can't believe in her bio they've put 'Jack is an out lesbian woman' - erm it's 2020?! - and 'in 2014 was listed in The Independent On Sunday’s Pink List at number 19' - wow. How is any of that relevant to a talk about eating for mental health? Clearly they just needed to find some filler - or asked her to provide her own bio.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Please answer the question, Jack!

View attachment 263728
Method: grab packet of Walker’s shortbread off supermarket shelf, place in basket. Toss in a handful of ready-made decorations. Spread contents evenly on conveyor belt at checkout. Place in carrier bag and leave to rest for 10 minutes or until you have walked home. Remove packaging, bung decorations on top of shortbread. Post photos on Twitter with ambiguous, emotive language and a generous helping of a child’s personal information. Lap up praise. Repeat as desired

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.