Jack Monroe #81 It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She must have Mrs J the 4th?..5th? on the hook.
Twitter silence and then half naked selfies from bed? 😬😬😬
Yep.. My immediate thought was she'd got the ride..

I’ve always found Allegra’s really into offally meat etc that I don’t really like.

Also, not seen this mentioned before, but sorry if it has. Isn’t it weird that their split was timed with Jack’s abandoned transition and Veganism?

Jack changing gender to a man, and deciding not to eat meat when she was in a relationship with a woman who appears to have a strong preference for both women and meat.

This combined with the things Jack’s said about Allegra (angry, always correcting her) it almost seems like both of those extreme choices that were dropped almost as quickly as they were adopted were an act of spiteful defiance to get her out of the relationship.
Nice observation..

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’ve always found Allegra’s really into offally meat etc that I don’t really like.

Also, not seen this mentioned before, but sorry if it has. Isn’t it weird that their split was timed with Jack’s abandoned transition and Veganism?

Jack changing gender to a man, and deciding not to eat meat when she was in a relationship with a woman who appears to have a strong preference for both women and meat.

This combined with the things Jack’s said about Allegra (angry, always correcting her) it almost seems like both of those extreme choices that were dropped almost as quickly as they were adopted were an act of spiteful defiance to get her out of the relationship.
You’re onto something there; in a similar way her split from the head of news & current affairs at channel 4 coincided with her becoming completely un-televisable

• Haha
Reactions: 68
I think she may have one of those 'Invisible' retainer/braces things.. Or she could do with running a brush over her teeth.
Good spot. You can see on the tooth to the right of her centre two that it's slightly too long for the tooth and then you can also see it bridging the gap between the next two teeth.

Reactions: 11
Those black shark eyes go well with her pearly whites, she's got proper fangs. Alan please do a Jack/Bela Lugosi Dracula fangs gif. Pretty please with slop on top.

I also like how Jack is referencing her famous 'Potatoes' essay in the tattie sack colouring of her bedding. Really subtle subliminal messaging there Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She must have Mrs J the 4th?..5th? on the hook.
Twitter silence and then half naked selfies from bed? 😬😬😬
Well she needs SOMEONE to keep her in sideboards and £80 leggings. Maybe she's realised she needs to step things up now her American fans are departing in droves and that sweet Food Network deal hasn't materialised.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Those black shark eyes go well with her pearly whites, she's got proper fangs. Alan please do a Jack/Bela Lugosi Dracula fangs gif. Pretty please with slop on top.

I also like how Jack is referencing her famous 'Potatoes' essay in the tattie sack colouring of her bedding. Really subtle subliminal messaging there Jack.
Aw I feel like that would be mean also I tried it briefly and it terrified me

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Good spot. You can see on the tooth to the right of her centre two that it's slightly too long for the tooth and then you can also see it bridging the gap between the next two teeth.
I think it's more likely some kind of dodgy tooth whitening auto feature in an app than any dental equipment tbh. Especially since she has a fear of dental work and problems with toothaches etc. Cosmetic dentistry doesn't go ahead until all necessary damage/pain is fixed as far as I know, not to mention that wee Jack couldn't possibly afford thousands of pounds worth of Invisalign...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
9 mins 22 secs in and the vocal fry from both of them plus JM's nasality have made listening any further unbearable.

My niece wore an invisible brace and never looked that wacko.
After a break I am now at 21:32 and she is saying " we all know like animal welfare is grim".
She said that and yet promotes the cruellest meat! It makes me so very angry and sad. She is vile vile vile.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
My dear old dad liked Haslet from the butcher’s, and Brawn 🤢. Without risking 🔺, do you know Scarborough well? When I eventually get to visit (to see extended family who live a few miles inland, I’d like to have some recommendations for decent fish and chips and a tea room? Many thanks if that’s appropriate xx
I did live there for a long time, but have turned myself upside down by returning to Australia. I'm honestly not sure what places are still going with the corona thing though. If you do go, the best gelato ever, is from a place called Crema e Cioccolato. It is *chef's kiss*

• Heart
Reactions: 12
After a break I am now at 21:32 and she is saying " we all know like animal welfare is grim".
She said that and yet promotes the cruellest meat! It makes me so very angry and sad. She is vile vile vile.
27:44 and she is guffawing at the idea of someone liquidising lettuce. Could not make it up.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
We all know animal welfare is grim, so fill your faces with wet ham, battery chicken livers, crappy turkey legs, and some bumhole sausages. The animals will thank you, as will your bowels.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
27:44 and she is guffawing at the idea of someone liquidising lettuce. Could not make it up.
And she has just said that 1/8 of a teaspoon of a spice doesn't make any difference to a recipe. She has NO PALATE! nor understanding of food, nor flavour. I am so very angry for the non-cooks that she has led astray and with the publishers who have cynically promoted her.
31:05 Finally, she is talking about an honest recipe. It's sad to imagine that hundred or even thousands of people would have to look up a recipe for a basic soup, but she describes it with love. I truly hope that she has done good.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.