Jack Monroe #81 It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those black shark eyes go well with her pearly whites, she's got proper fangs. Alan please do a Jack/Bela Lugosi Dracula fangs gif. Pretty please with slop on top.

I also like how Jack is referencing her famous 'Potatoes' essay in the tattie sack colouring of her bedding. Really subtle subliminal messaging there Jack.
🎶Oh, the shark has pretty teeth, dear
And it tunes them pearly white
Just a bread penknife has Jackheath, dear
And she keeps it out of sight 🎶

What's with the caterpillar on her face 🧐
It's Very Hungry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
And she has just said that 1/8 of a teaspoon of a spice doesn't make any difference to a recipe. She has NO PALATE! nor understanding of food, nor flavour. I am so very angry for the non-cooks that she has led astray and with the publishers who have cynically promoted her.

31:05 Finally, she is talking about an honest recipe. It's sad to imagine that hundred or even thousands of people would have to look up a recipe for a basic soup, but she describes it with love. I truly hope that she has done good.
I've now listened to the whole bloody show (including the disgusting self-cannabalism hahaha so funny) but did not hear a word of Allegra. Thank you VERY much. Yes, I am not happy.

🎶Oh, the shark has pretty teeth, dear
And it tunes them pearly white
Just a bread penknife has Jackheath, dear
And she keeps it out of sight 🎶

It's Very Hungry.
I used to sing that song in my folk/jazz days. I owed a lot to Ella .

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Vlad has got my number (not my phone number, that would just be weird). He is using Facebook and TCM instead of Tattle.

Screenshot_20201003-012543_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I did live there for a long time, but have turned myself upside down by returning to Australia. I'm honestly not sure what places are still going with the corona thing though. If you do go, the best gelato ever, is from a place called Crema e Cioccolato. It is *chef's kiss*
I love Australia so much and it breaks my heart that I can't visit my family this year. It's been almost two years since I saw them, and I usually travel there every 18-24 months, spending 3 months. That was what was accepted until Covid-19. I have a tiny family and this has hit me most terribly hard.

Who mentioned Jack having a go at Allegra? I listened to the whole of the podcast I was led to but her name wasn't mentioned.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
🤢 my mum used to leave them soaking in a glass bowl 🤢 that image still haunts me
Ugh. I remember my mother doing that with kidneys. Bowls of milk with revolting looking things in them lurking about in the fridge 🤢🤢
It's no wonder I didn't really 'discover' food until I left home!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Every mention of the chicken livers reminds me of the fact we have not yet seen Jack’s mouldy livers make an appearance.

They must have gained sentience and run from the crappy bungalow in horror.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I’ve been BUSY so I’ve had an early morning grunk (ooh er) while the rain batters against the window and I’ve had to try to not wake my boyfriend from laughing. What a funny, clever, insightful and talented bunch of fraus you are!

I am becoming a bit obsessed with the Asda shop and what happened to it and where almost everything she has eaten since came from as most of it wasn’t included.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
View attachment 263464She’s been fiddling again.
That hair is so thin and patchy, look at all that scalp showing through, it really makes you feel sorry for her doesn't it. It has obviously been falling out in clumps like a chemo patient's.

What's that tit she's talking about, I have rarely seen such a full and thick head of hair. The way she manipulates people with outright lies is nothing short of shameful. The way she takes money off people by deception is nothing short of criminal.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
Her Instagram pic of the shortbread has got TWO comments. Even my crappy unlit phone pics of my vegan meals get more than that sometimes 🔺

• Haha
Reactions: 26
And of course, she ignored this question. As well as the one on facebook asking if they were shop-bought. By saying she 'made' them and by showing them on a cooling rack as if they were warm out the oven, she's making it seem as though she made them from scratch, and she knows it. She's a professional con-artist.

It took every bit of self-restraint for me not to comment 'Ohh I love Walkers shortbread!'

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
I did live there for a long time, but have turned myself upside down by returning to Australia. I'm honestly not sure what places are still going with the corona thing though. If you do go, the best gelato ever, is from a place called Crema e Cioccolato. It is *chef's kiss*
I’m a huge fan of gelato, it’s my favourite dessert, so cheers for the recommendation :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Discovered she made the 'domino shortbread' in 2018. She said 'recipe to come' ... Reader, it never came.

Couldn't have triangulated the shortbread back then though as they were completely covered. Sugar overload 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Aren't those naked bed selfies more suited to tinder? I honestly don't get why people feel the need to take pictures of themselves in various stages of undress to share with the world and it's cousin. That sort of thing for me is for a lovers eyes only.

I am by no means and old prude. Why on earth would Sally Barnes or Mrs Cooke your mum's next door neighbour would even want too see you naked or partially so on their twitter feed, nevermind potential employers. Her professionalism to her job is bordering on trump, honestly she just goes all out tits blazing not thinking how it looks to employers and or clients.
It's good she's feeling good about herself but honestly love keep it too tinder and similar stuff, keep it out of work. Unless your next stop is page 3

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I love Australia so much and it breaks my heart that I can't visit my family this year. It's been almost two years since I saw them, and I usually travel there every 18-24 months, spending 3 months. That was what was accepted until Covid-19. I have a tiny family and this has hit me most terribly hard.

Who mentioned Jack having a go at Allegra? I listened to the whole of the podcast I was led to but her name wasn't mentioned.
Someone else said she mentioned her by name in it, I don’t remember that exactly but she mentions an ex that was angry a lot if I remember rightly. it’s been a while since I listened to it but I remember it was strongly implied.

Reactions: 7
Been thinking about the shortbread (as you do) and as she uses the words: ‘WE made’, I am inclined to think that she means that her and SB made them together. As in she bought the biccies and the icing and the decorations and it was a fun activity for her and SB. If so, fair dos, right?

Why doesn’t she just say so, then? Instead of implying that she made them all by hand, it’s far more endearing and honest to say that her and SB did this as a little shortcut and it’s a nice thing to do with your kid.

Can’t believe I’ve just written two paragraphs on this.

• Haha
Reactions: 73
Vlad has got my number (not my phone number, that would just be weird). He is using Facebook and TCM instead of Tattle.

View attachment 263560
Oh, please know, he has your phone number.

Been thinking about the shortbread (as you do) and as she uses the words: ‘WE made’, I am inclined to think that she means that her and SB made them together. As in she bought the biccies and the icing and the decorations and it was a fun activity for her and SB. If so, fair dos, right?

Why doesn’t she just say so, then? Instead of implying that she made them all by hand, it’s far more endearing and honest to say that her and SB did this as a little shortcut and it’s a nice thing to do with your kid.

I'm glad you did. I've been thinking the same. It's a fun thing to do for kids and a nice surprise for another child to receive. Just be honest about it. And don't give personal info out about a child who isn't even yours. Ninny.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Yes my son used to love decorating biscuits. Still does but he now makes his own with ( alittle help from me) he is 8 and his favourite things to make are shortbread and gingerbread. Also if you did do homemade would you make shapes ie hearts and stars etc, not fingers especially for a kid. I couldnt care less if she made them or not, but out of decency she should tell people.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.