Jack Monroe #8 Grates meats, deletes tweets and when she denies it we've got the receipts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Laughing my head off as she tucks into one too many forkfuls of food that Matt made of Drs recipe and camera cuts to her but she's got a gob full of food so can't speak and there is just silence.....

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Long time lurker here - loving this thread so much Ladies. Can’t stand jack and her bullshit! At first I thought she was raising important issues about food banks and poverty in the U.K. but her aggressive twittering and joyless attitude to food just pisses me right off!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Long time lurker here - loving this thread so much Ladies. Can’t stand jack and her bullshit! At first I thought she was raising important issues about food banks and poverty in the U.K. but her aggressive twittering and joyless attitude to food just pisses me right off!
"Joyless attitude to food" is pretty spot on! Also, welcome 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 24
That was mental. So rude, so aggressive. I love that she said 'I dare you to read out this tweet on air' so he quote-tweeted her with a really good slap-down. Go, Matt.
I think I totally missed that today... or was it on yesterday's show?

Reactions: 3
Didn't even realise Daily Kitchen had its own Instagram account until just now seeing the orange sick in a jar. Went and had a nosey.

a) are the people commenting positively looking at a different photo to me? It looks HORRENDOUS

b) is it usual for BBC show accounts to have such low levels of engagement? Surely hiring Jack to faff about on a laptop with her non-replies ("Absolutely!") is almost totally redundant when only about four people comment on any post?

Also that apology was so totally perfunctory. It's not Matt who needs a break from Twitter...

Reactions: 13
Jack's curry was crying out for some Chinese five spice and a small amount of curry powder. While I may be on my own here, I don't object to cooking chicken on the bone but would skin it first and once cooked remove the joints, strip the meat off and return it in bite sized pieces to the sauce. Who wants to eat curry with a knife and fork?

I also thought that when Matt asked what else it could be served with, why not answer chips, it's a classic with Chinese curry (or half rice, half chips).

Reactions: 15
Hey Lolly, it was Ruby Tandoh back at the start of last week:

Thanks Penny - That's pretty terrible to be honest. I'm all for free speech etc. but why post such a douchebag comment like "I dare you to read..."? Pathetic really.

Jack comes across as self-centred with her whole "I feel attacked" three or four times, her fear of trying anything "foreign" sounding and her whole "I'm crusading as a one woman army to save the poor people of the UK" attitude. Woman sells books at nearly £20 a pop, and thinks she can take on someone like Mr Oliver? Come on love, stay in your lane with youtube and blogs.

Reactions: 15
I couldn't watch live this morning as the kids were doing Just Dance. Honestly, priorities kids, come on. Just caught up now. Annoyingly, I also couldn't take full advantage of the muscle forearms as Jack had taken my eye with her tit. Seriously, you don't want to be standing over a hot frying pan with your tits out love. Otherwise, I quite enjoyed this morning's effort. I won't be recreating the curry any time soon but I will be sad to see the back of Daily Kitchen. I'd never actually watched Saturday Kitchen before but I might be tempted now that I've discovered Matt. Purrrrrr.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It most certainly is inspired. Ian, didn't even ask if it could be done in a round tin beforehand. Maverick, or a modern-day Thomas Edison?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.