Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most people I know who have multiple tattoos always want another , like an addiction. I always notice the gaps in hers. I wonder if it was done to make her look more manly (when she was doing that).

My cat frequently tries to wake me in the night. I tell him to piss off.
Our dog tries to get on the bed ,lick my face and farts so badly I thought we had a gas leak .Last thing I would do is put the big light on or lift my phone .No wonder she can't sleep or naps during the day the blue light rays omitted will be keeping her up

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can recommend Land's End coats for kids. They are really expensive full price, but have fantastic sales. They come with sleeves that you can let out and truly last for two winters. Plus the quality means that they work well as hand-me downs, so I got four year's wear out of each coat. Here's a non affiliate link: https://www.landsend.co.uk/Boys_Waterproof_Squall_Jacket/pp/P_40645.html?cgid=11420&dwvar_P__40645_color= ZZQ

In the Jan/Feb sale you can pick them up for around $20-30 (I mean pounds, but on a strange keyboard right now).

It's the only solution.
I’ve never tried lands end - ta.
I usually go for Trespass which are nicely cheap in the outlet shops, but I do like to mix it up a bit.

Reactions: 9
Everyone still knows what it is. It’s like the Inland Revenue. How many people call it HMRC?
It’s like insignia and the post office...I won’t finish that quote 😂

Now either they’re still together, or she is posting this bollocks to manipulate and guilt Louisa into visiting. Louisa’s Strava feed (might want to lock that down, babe) shows that she’s been there for the last three weekends at least.

I think they deserve each other personally.
At this point I feel like she left does not necessarily mean they’ve split up for good

• Haha
Reactions: 19
...we have a Labrador (fancy, obvs) and so hoovering up her shedding fur is a doddle too. Honestly - a quick go over of the floors (hard and carpet) makes a house look a million times better.
Perhaps an unruly Labrador would be just the doggo for Jack. She could keep it on three leads.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
My Spanish is basic but I think it just sounds unnatural rather than being confusing - like the equivalent of saying “chips and fish”? It’s not like anyone would read it and think “what the duck is that?”

She’s so patronising for someone who completely fucked up the name for that Italian dish a while back (can’t remember what it was)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@TurnedUpInTipp. Love your avatar. Of course I had to follow up its origin (apple flavoured? like custard??) and found a further link to this
The stallion's name is purely a happy coincidence!

ETA: Perhaps the béchamel doesn't even need to thicken in the oven?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Jack needs to show SB mrs hinches’ concoctions for her son and then he’ll be thrilled he gets Jack’s cooking.
May I present... spaghetti hoops, spinach, cheese, mash and fried egg pie...
5BE4DB92-C8F9-495D-90F2-B5BCA5DE5EC2.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
She just complimented some journalist on her (rather dodgy) looking her hair extensions. Wonder if it's her next plan to get those...Cheaper than a dog I suppose! She most definitely has regret over cutting her hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@TurnedUpInTipp. Love your avatar. Of course I had to follow up its origin (apple flavoured? like custard??) and found a further link to this
The stallion's name is purely a happy coincidence!

ETA: Perhaps the béchamel doesn't even need to thicken in the oven?
Thank you so Matt much! I knew it would be a risky google search... Man, I've seen some things.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm Jack and I don't want to trample on Spanish cultural rice for the sake of a 22 minute walk to the supermarket (plus 22 minutes back giggle loveheart exclamation mark) but I'll do whatever the hell I like with the dish of mutton or goat, with lentils and vegetables served with caramelised white rice, which together is called dhansak oh and by the way the Spanish orzo thing I invented is actually everywhere on Google god life is crazy and I pray in an American-luring way that my giant lop eared rabbit is never too told (sic) to be held by his Mama

It's like 50 First Dates meets The Brave Little Toaster on the Prairie

I'm demented by her behaviour

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Alan: Right, let battle commence! [Slightly muffled] Do you like me doing that? Shall I do it more quickly or shall I maintain the same speed?

Pocahontas: That’s fine.

Alan: Right. Shall I move on to the other one? Oh, that’s lovely. That’s first class. That is superb. Ooh, there you go, it’s all happening! Poca, I’m afraid I have no sheathes.

Jill: No what?

Pocahontas: Sheathes, er, prophylactics, you know, rubber johnnies. Actually, being your age and everything there’s probably no need for them. I’m talking about the menopau – whoooo! Poca, you know your onions! Do you mind if I talk? It helps me keep the… wolf from the door, so to speak. Poca, what do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich town centre? I’ll be honest I’m dead against it. People forget that [increasingly breathless] traders need access to Dixons! [Regaining himself] They do say it’ll help people in [half-sighing] wheeeeelchairs…
Get a room 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Spanish cuisine already has a dish which replaces rice with small pasta, fideuà (or fideuá in castellano).

Orzo is just not a common ingredient in Spain - most people haven't heard of it. Fideuà is very very common, as any basic research would show. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.