Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You don't recover from burnout after a week or two it's takes months, she had not recovered from the last bout and she's trying to do something that even hardened poverty writers would struggle to throw out.

She really needs a nice boring job.

Reactions: 23
It’s a full moon on Thursday 😬
I was just going to say this!

Entirely self inflicted.

Arrogant amateur, thinking she a) had a clear enough idea for this book when she really didn't b) that she could just bash it out in a few months because she's such a talented maverick and c) that being on Twitter non stop would in any way help her get her job done.

She's a talented liar but not much more than that.

ETA: A dog will somehow fix it, even though she's so poor she's got twelve jumpers on and is budgeting for REASONS.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
I'm raging and I'm not even a dog person. Back in #70/71 I can't remember where I am, are there discussions about the poor rabbit being cooped up and not fed properly.. then the kitten.. and the poor guinea pigs that died from carbon monoxide poisoning... she CANNOT look after a dog!!!! 🤬🤬🤬

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
How many days till deadline?
I really don't want to be mean or dismissive to her plight, but... we're in the middle of a global pandemic. I'm sure most people, to a lesser or greater extent, are feeling the same way. Jack, at least, has some form of job security (at least three books 'commissioned' not to mention the steady income at the start from Hellmans / DKL)...

I know, having worked from home since March and looking like I'll be doing so 'til at least Spring, I'm ticking off a few of the symptoms her followers are giving.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Can’t afford to feed her son more than a couple of hundred calories a meal (she claims), but can afford a dog. Right.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
FFS. I'm sorry (and I generally don't like disbelieving people when they talk about illness etc), but burnout from WHAT!? Twitter diarrhoea? It's not like she works in a high pressure career or even a job where stress can creep up due to an escalating workload - her work is, for want of a better expression, in the public eye. So surely we'd all see the end results of all the overworking she's allegedly been doing? From what I can see from her online activity - and you'd better believe we'd have heard ALL about the amazing work she'd been doing - she's essentially sat on her arse for the better part of six months and has now tried to write a book in the last few weeks. She makes my blood boil.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Oh for god’s sake. She knows the work that goes into taking care of a dog? And has been weighing it up and not something she’d enter into lightly?
She said the same about the kitten. About being able to afford veterinary care, didn’t she? That she’d accounted for all future financial costs. And then took the first chance she could to list vet bills and say ‘Uh-oh, better sell some books.’ Shameless.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
You cannot look after a dog if you can't look after yourself. They are wonderful but hard work and expensive.
Indeed. I have 4 dogs. We are failed fosterers 🙈 (not all 4 😱). It costs us an absolute fortune to insure them, feed them properly, general healthcare (flea + worming, grooming), and it pretty much amounts to a part time job on top of my actual job.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Hopefully the dog conversation brings up some points about the kitten situation that was entirely awful. Be brave Jackolytes, pull her on it. Ask if she's going to ignore professional advice again if the animal has any issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
A DOG?! SERIOUSLY?

Actually can we all post about how great her getting a dog would be. Maybe then she won’t get one to spite us 🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I would *love* to have a dog but aside from the financial implications, I have numerous health conditions which mean I simply couldn't guarantee I would be able to look after a dog/walk it regularly. Mr IW is not interested in getting one so I would need to be certain I could manage it regardless of if Mr IW started to love the dog too..

(I appreciate a well person could get a dog and then suddenly find themselves unable to care for it. But I know from the outset that I wouldn't be able to manage..)

Ugh. She rinses my beans 😡😡

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.