Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Revisiting this image I’ve clocked - she’s cosplaying as the girls the Prosecco huns / Fiat 500 Twitter that come to central to do their Christmas shopping and Winter Wonderland. Each year there’s a different uniform but generous dashings of faux fur and designer accessories are their omnipresent truth.

Not digging them out at all, but has anyone checked on Megan Barton-Hanson recently as this is all v single white female 😱
[/QUOTE
Oh my God. Yes! THAT’S who that mad ‘lady doctor prescribed red lipstick for my ouchy mouth’ profile picture looked like.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It looks like an Extra Large Dresser Top sat upon a Grand Sideboard, totalling a rather modest £1499. Appears staged especially for Frauen Eyes Only.

And the best bit is ....... wait for it conspiracy wankers ..... the Grand Sideboard alone weighs ..... 92 Kgs ..... plus 1 kg of packaging for the beast!! 💪

Omg thank you for sourcing this! That thing is bleeping huge?!

I don’t understand why you’d buy such a mammoth piece of furniture, this is nothing to do with the price / renting / whatever, but it’s bleeping ginormous?! It’s not the type of thing every home would have somewhere sensible to put it so seems like a ridiculous item to buy unless you are indeed 60 and unlikely to move again?

Reactions: 32
Oh my God. Yes! THAT’S who that mad ‘lady doctor prescribed red lipstick for my ouchy mouth’ profile picture looked like.

ETA can’t make my picture and the writing go on the same post - ffs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Omg thank you for sourcing this! That thing is bleeping huge?!

I don’t understand why you’d buy such a mammoth piece of furniture, this is nothing to do with the price / renting / whatever, but it’s bleeping ginormous?! It’s not the type of thing every home would have somewhere sensible to put it so seems like a ridiculous item to buy unless you are indeed 60 and unlikely to move again?
And why you’d ram all your kitchen ware down the side of your house in a lean to and leave it bare 😳

Babes, same. Can recommend root touch up spray to make it look thicker. My hair is dark so it really shows up where it’s thin.
Me too; the gang’s all here and she’s talking out her Mayo white ass as per

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This ridiculous woman! Does she know how lucky she is to have a book deal at all? It’s an opportunity plenty of people would give their right arm for. And yet here she is, moaning and whinging about this massive privilege as if she is a sulky kid that’s not done their homework.
If it’s such hard work to squeeze the thing out, what makes you think we’ll want to read it??
Can you imagine other writers carrying on like this? Nigella, Jamie, Nigel, Yotam, Chetna? FFS. And what makes it worse is that this is her “important and serious” poverty book.
Sorry if this has been discussed before but who the hell is the intended audience for passionate polemic? How is she qualified to write about this topic? I just can't take any of this seriously. And Liz Jones can f*ck right off. Going bankrupt is not the same as being poor. Being tit with money is not the same as being poor. The absolute best she could offer would be a story of being a bit hard up as single mother for a short period of time. To carry on trying to eek a career out of that is just ghoulish.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
Thank you very much, this looks excellent!

And thank you to everyone for all the meal planning and recipe suggestions - there's so much gold in these threads but they move so fast 😅 I'm a fairly chaotic, wasteful cook and I find it tough to stick to meal plans so I probably could do with starting from scratch 🤦‍♀️
For me a successful meal plan factors in that it's hard to predict exactly how the week pans out. I'm a big fan of having ingredients ready prepped in the fridge so I can assemble meals quickly. I'm vegan, so for me that means I have one or two types of pulses ready cooked in the fridge (they keep for around five days either in water or dressed), vegetables ready sliced or diced (root veg in airtight containers in water, other veg just sliced or chopped in airtight containers), some veg is great steamed and ready to go (sweet potatoes, butternut squash).I also gave one or two grains that takes longer than 10 minutes to cook (brown rice, quinoa, etc) ready in the fridge. I typically prep on sundays, but I'm not religious about it.
I then have several meals in mind for the week, depending on exactly what I've got in.
For example, I can make a quick lentil loaf (sautee onion, garlic and carrots with rosemary, add cooked lentils, oats, some stock and mustard, mix, put in loaf ton, bake) and put some veggies on a roasting tray alongside it.
Next day I might have stir fry of my ready prepped veg with rice noodles and a satay sauce.
The following day veggie burgers made out of the quinoa, some steamed sweet potatoes and beans. Served with a salad and potato wedges.
And then perhaps a veggie chilli with some brown rice.

But there are lots of meals you could create from those ingredients and that's the point. Maybe it gets hot and you just want a big salad with beans,steamed veggies and a nice dressing. Or you want a hearty soup. You can go either way, which means you aren't ridgedly stuck to a meal that no one fancies at that moment.

Home cooking is about being flexible within a structure. I'd hate to start each evening completely new. But I also dont want to eateftovers all the time. Prepping ingredients is a good compromise.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I’m on a bit of a grunka but I just had to pop on to say that I LOVE the fact that one of you lovely Fraus is called @Dogmuck. Every time I see your username I start laughing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Jack trying to produce "relatable" writer content is the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen, and I was here for the sideboard thot shots.

It's glaringly, mortifyingly obvious to anyone with an ounce of experience that she doesn't edit her writing, or indeed take any care with it: she spews it all onto the page in a horrible pile and her editor does (IMO) a lax job of cleaning it up and adding some structure, leaving in plenty of that awful, gushy prose and overwrought metaphor that the Jackolytes seem to love.

I love an academic/ writer meme as much as the last person. I resonate strongly with the despair. But I find the despair actually comes significantly earlier than 13(??) days before deadline, it's in the post-conception/ early implementation stage of project when you question the very usefulness of anything you're doing. By this stage she should be at steely resignation, powering through, fuelled by sugar free Monster drinks and fear.

Also I call bullshit on writing in a denim shirt. Too structured. It's an egg-stained hoodie and fleece pyjamas or you're never gonna get that book in.
I mean, she was still doing basic initial “research” (i.e. printing out pages from Wikipedia ffs) a few days ago. I doubt she’s even sketched out a structure/outline for this book. And she has less than a fortnight left.

ETA: In fact she apparently has only 2 days!! What an absolute shitshow. Publisher must be DELIGHTED with how this is going.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I’m sorry I’m way behind (constantly grunka-ing) but re her mixed messages- vegan/cheap meat etc, why does an “anti poverty activist” want a Burberry scarf anyway??? Isn’t something completely overpriced and solely priced based on its brand completely antithetical to her supposed mission. I know that her only problem with poverty is that she feels she deserves to be extremely rich but this is so on the nose. It doesn’t matter if she did “find it in a puddle” (bullshit!!!!!!) but why does she need a status symbol? I’m so sick of her!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm really sorry you're experiencing this, it's really upsetting. A good friend of mine eventually got a hair topper to hide her thinning hair, which I know wasn't cheap, but really helped her confidence. It's a really difficult thing for a woman to go through. JM doesn't understand what actually thinning hair is, there's not a patch of it on her head.

Thank you! I'm strongly considering getting my scalp tattooed, which at least for the mean time will be make hopefully less apparent.

In all of her pictures I have never seen a thin patch (which requires something like 50% of your hair to be lost to be visible). Maybe she had a stress induced period she was shedding more (which I believe can and probably does happen to everyone), but that is not the same as actually thinning.

Not to mention, she willingly put herself on Testosterone a few years back, and the long-term effect of that is male-pattern baldness (which she doesn't have now, but surely would have done).

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m sorry I’m way behind (constantly grunka-ing) but re her mixed messages- vegan/cheap meat etc, why does an “anti poverty activist” want a Burberry scarf anyway??? Isn’t something completely overpriced and solely priced based on its brand completely antithetical to her supposed mission. I know that her only problem with poverty is that she feels she deserves to be extremely rich but this is so on the nose. It doesn’t matter if she did “find it in a puddle” (bullshit!!!!!!) but why does she need a status symbol? I’m so sick of her!!!
She owns a ton of status symbol tit. She pretends most of it is gifted, found in mud, or bought from a charity shop for 2p.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.