Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 257631
groceries. View attachment 257632
2011 you is not relevant!!!! With anything. It’s 2020, nearly 2021. I hate this implied experience, whether it be ‘fame’ or various posh partners that have taught her all these farking big words to talk all proper like View attachment 257633
View attachment 257634
As has been said many, many (😉) times, imagine NigellaMom responding with this level of professionalism.
I don’t get how a 50 minute walk to Lidl (probably actually 5 then given this is Jack) would negate any savings she made? Does walking cost money in Jack’s strange world or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I don’t get how a 50 minute walk to Lidl (probably actually 5 then given this is Jack) would negate any savings she made? Does walking cost money in Jack’s strange world or something?
By the time she’d walked home the veg would’ve gasped it’s last breath

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Don't you know her time is precious and time is money. Those 100 mins there and back not too mention the twenty mins to walk round is quite alot time she could put to better use tweeting about everything that had happened to her in her whole life twice over.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Because when I think of the qualities of a typical lasagne, the first one that springs to mind is "sharp."
Be more successful using the pasta sheets as a knife and fork to eat something else rather than attempting to chew that fossil of a lasagne

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The single most annoying part of Jackie's know all approach to shopping and cooking is the complete lack of any attempt to shop ethically. crappy meat, crap eggs in plastic boxes. If she got her act together and stopped racing to the bottom and going for the easy cheap shopping list she could have an actual marketable niche: ethical low cost food. But that would take some effort and improvement of her skill set, and as we know she's too busy, so I'll take my opinion and duck off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
She copied Nige with the raita.
‘Jack, it’s a tomato recipe.’
7CC7777A-128F-424C-9F6B-34DEC62D160F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Buying the yellow sticker stuff for herself makes me so mad !!!! Because she doesn't need to!!!! Does she not ever think back all those many many years ago when she had a poor 5 minutes and she went to the supermarket with her last £1 to buy something yellow stickered to feed her starving Son only to find some rich fucker had nabbed it all first? Unbelievable and selfish!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
The single most annoying part of Jackie's know all approach to shopping and cooking is the complete lack of any attempt to shop ethically. crappy meat, crap eggs in plastic boxes. If she got her act together and stopped racing to the bottom and going for the easy cheap shopping list she could have an actual marketable niche: ethical low cost food. But that would take some effort and improvement of her skill set, and as we know she's too busy, so I'll take my opinion and duck off.
That’s the next book x

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Who the hell rinses lentils? When cooking lentils, barley or pulses please skim off the scum as you go. No one ever taught me this / just seemed like common sense.
Actually, it’s pretty standard for south Asian and other ethnic people to rinse their lentils. You rinse until the water is no longer cloudy. We also do the same with rice.

Reactions: 38
I wonder if at any point during the Dhansak Ransack she thought wtf am I doing with my life. I could be making a lovely sweet and sour veggie stir fry with this veg and pineapple, but instead I've got several pans on the go boiling shredded veg into submission, killing any nutritional value it had left.

I hope she had a moment of clarity, but I doubt it.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Morning you hateful little lot. How are we doing?
Loads of people in her mentions (on facebook and twitter) have been telling her about the Too Good To Go etc apps - you know, the ones which alert you to the deals from local supermarkets / shops / restaurants at the end of the day, where you can pick up a box of wonky veg etc for, like £3 or whatever. I wonder why she hasn't mentioned them yet.
Re shopping lists - I've been writing more now I can't pop to the shops as much as I used to pre-lockdown, and planning more. I'm a single person household so I can't really compare (plus I have a rather stocked 'larder' and freezer) but there are certain things I need to buy every week or so, so that the top items on my list remain constant: Milk, bread, cheese, eggs, loo roll, fresh veg. The veg I get dictates what I make that week. I don't know what my point is here, other than to say I don't know why she has to make literally everything so complicated.
I use this app! Last week I got a bunch of stuff from my local bakery for £2. Gave a pastry to a stressed neighbour and popped the rest in the freezer. They are perfectly fine after defrosting. You can even make cheapo bread and butter pudding with old croissants ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Morning you hateful little lot. How are we doing?

I use this app! Last week I got a bunch of stuff from my local bakery for £2. Gave a pastry to a stressed neighbour and popped the rest in the freezer. They are perfectly fine after defrosting. You can even make cheapo bread and butter pudding with old croissants ☺
I love making a savoury bake with old croissants, cheese and ham in sliced croissants, then baked in a dish with milk and eggs poured over. Of course Jack would probably turn the croissants into some sort of weird lentil filled dim sum.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I wonder if at any point during the Dhansak Ransack she thought wtf am I doing with my life. I could be making a lovely sweet and sour veggie stir fry with this veg and pineapple, but instead I've got several pans on the go boiling shredded veg into submission, killing any nutritional value it had left.

I hope she had a moment of clarity, but I doubt it.
:LOL::LOL: Dhansak Ransack. That has to be a new recipe title for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.