Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also how do the two elements go together? Or is this her attempt at a modern fusion, Asian-inspired coconut soup with cheesy leeks? Ferran Adrià won't be losing any sleep...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Ah bloody hell. That salmon paste. Sweet Mother Of God 😱. Why the duck would you do that? And I say that as someone who ate paste sandwiches and mourn the loss of Heinz toast toppers. Just make a coconut vegetable soup!

The chilli oil is from the sardines, I think.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
She's used leeks and mustard, too. I don't think those were on the list or in the photos? Or the chilli oil?
I remember yonks ago her calling out someone for making a £1 style recipe and assuming people would have XYZ in their storecupboards and even then it seemed hypocritical as she’s pretty prone to doing this herself.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
She's used leeks and mustard, too. I don't think those were on the list or in the photos? Or the chilli oil?
You're right, actually, they weren't! This is kind of amazing, barely any of that meal is accounted for in the receipts? But I'm most aghast about her pretending a coconut milk based soup is somehow part of the challenge.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Where exactly is Southend? 🤔 gas station, thrift shop, has the eye/tap interface caused some sort of concussion? Does she think this is the U.S?
It's always a sign of someone spending far too much online, constant Americanisms.

Reactions: 27
Ohhhhhh I can’t keep up with these threads at the mo! But I had to comment on that insta post from the last thread because it made me absolutely seethe. You know she absolutely loved that two people were concerned for her and took time out of their day to pay some attention to fragile little troubled Jack (if it happened which it probably didn’t). It’s so pathetic. Jack Monroe, the protagonist of reality.

‘Notoriously deep lake’. How deep does a lake have to be to obtain notoriety? Does it penetrate into the earth’s core? Is it a gateway into hell? To be fair I’d consider any place with Jack sat waiting at the end of it the gateway to hell.
And who goes out with the label on their scarf showing? Someone who wants everyone to know they have a legit Burberry scarf, that’s who! This wouldn’t be frustrating if she just said “I used to poor, I’m back on my feet but I want to help those still struggling”...but she keeps this ridiculous, bullshit rhetoric going whilst rubbing people’s faces into how rich she is!

• Angry
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.