Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lunch is not (very) brown! but what soup? you're supposed to be writing, not making soup

and POBP? that's not gonna be a thing

Screenshot_20200924-124405_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-124353_Twitter.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
POBP is Porcine Oderant Binding Protein according to Google. Oh Jackamo šŸ¤­.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
It took me a second, but i believe it's Plenty Of Black Pepper... see, it's not a thing
Stop trying to make fetch POBP happen.

That looks suspiciously like butter on the mouldy bagel. But of course, she doesn't have butter. Could it be ... LARD?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
My kids favourite tuna thing was just with pasta.
Quick, cheap, easy and zero effort for a midweek tea.
Boil up pasta and drain. Add some frozen sweetcorn. Add can of tuna. Stir in some mayonnaise.
Not exciting but easy peasy and cheap, not to mention edible.
Iā€™ve definitely found my people!!
This is one of my favourite cheat dinners.
Another favourite is spaghetti, stir in a packet of Boursin and top with finely cut (with scissors for ease) bacon, fried to perfection šŸ‘ŒšŸ¼

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh I just love looking through all the terrible recipes on her website. The intro to that sausagne abomination is a very interesting insight into how much Jack hates cooking. Like, truly hates it.

View attachment 252813
...I made lasagne the other night. One pan for mince/tomato/veg mix, one pan for white sauce, one dish to layer it all in and throw in the oven. A chopping board and knife. A couple of wooden spoons. Maybe I made it wrong though bc there wasn't any carnage and we started it early enough that by the time we were properly hungry it was ready so, I think I need some tips from our top expert on how to do it dramatically right next time

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Is she trying to own 'plenty of black pepper' like we own 'hausfraus'?

Also, #bottledlemon is the greatest hashtag ever and I'm sure it's searched by thousands daily.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I wondered - what feels like 3,000 threads ago - if anyone knew why JM lost the Guardian column. All has now become clear! ā€˜People would do well to remember...ā€™ is a particular favourite, although clearly it only applies on this one occasion as JMā€™s career rests precariously on people not remembering anything sheā€™s claimed about her past in any detail.

Babe, get over the wine thingšŸ˜‚ Saving this as a riposte to Mr Bookweevil the next time I make a squiffy tit of myself!
She canā€™t handle criticism in the slightest and canā€™t help herself but to answer with ridiculous levels of not only bitter vinegar-y spite but also unprofessionalism.

She probably thinks it comes across as clever or that people wonā€™t mind, sheā€™s just ā€˜standing up for herselfā€™ šŸ™„ problem is it comes across as childish and pathetic. Because it is.

She thinks sheā€™s incredibly maverick at times, but she canā€™t see the line between maverick and unprofessional.

Reactions: 22
Omg fraus, what have I just found? šŸ¤£ Under this old Guardian recipe of hers, Jack spotted someone making critical (but correct) comments and replied! Have you ever seen the likes of it? šŸ¤£

View attachment 253082
And again on this recipe:

View attachment 253090

Oh and again here!

View attachment 253094

View attachment 253096
Blimey sorry didn't expect to find so much!

View attachment 253097

Also.. lol

View attachment 253089

Some things never change.
I mean, they're not wrong on the brown thing.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 1.04.13 PM.png

Also, if only...

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 1.04.41 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Here's a little tidbit from her Allegra days:

MsJackMonroe orionthehunter
19 Mar 2015 12:35
No. And as I have said many times before, I would not even consider entering That House until my children are older. At the moment I'm enjoying putting them to bed, reading them stories, cuddling them until they fall asleep, without writing off three evenings a week. Our family already has to plan our diaries with military precision, and there is more than enough evening work already. I also think that if people elect an MP they expect them to do their day to day constituency work, not gallivant about on television and up and down the country with cooking projects. So right now, no, I'm not looking to stand for Parliament, or council, or anything like it.

She'd been with her partner for five minutes and was already assuming the part of parent over the other child.
She was Perpetuating the harmful ā€œu-haul lesbianā€ stereotype as always

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Just took a quick peek at her patreon. Looks like there's been no real exclusive content on there since early August; there was a post earlier in Sept, but it looks like a basic update about postcards being in the post. Her $4 a month tier promises discount codes :rolleyes:, plus access to the exclusive content, so those on that tier aren't receiving much for their pledge this month. As a comparison, I pay $4 a month to subscribe to a podcast which has put out two hour long, researched patreon-only episodes in September alone.

Her Patreon seems like an utter scam, esp when compared with the content you can get from other people.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Just putting this here for the reference to Jack's grandfather's restaurant, chip shop and his guest houses (plural).
what I'm getting from this is that her grandfather offer rooms homeless people off season in exchange for housing benefit.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.