Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of us is going to have to read this book, aren’t they ? Not the pie one, the OTHER ONE
Don’t ask me. SHANT.
I’ve suffered enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
can you expand on that term? I know what uHaul is. I presume it means something like they move in with a new partner very quickly.
80941A24-BFCA-4047-B380-39125D508E89.jpeg

This. And I’d also like to caveat but saying I don’t approve of these kind of stereotypes and they aren’t true of everyone of course, but this is what Mx Monroe tends to do. I’m sure she has her reasons, but it does negatively perpetuate the stereotype.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Still on a Grunka, have been to see a very lovely gp today about my achy jaw, still ouchy but more manageable now with pain killers. Then this pops up. Just no, nope 🤦‍♀️ I am not that poorly that everything has to be blended up a la Cack.
View attachment 253440
Glad it's a bit more manageable now with pain ❤ And that you don't have to resort to blended slop, praise beans!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Here's a little tidbit from her Allegra days:

MsJackMonroe orionthehunter
19 Mar 2015 12:35
No. And as I have said many times before, I would not even consider entering That House until my children are older. At the moment I'm enjoying putting them to bed, reading them stories, cuddling them until they fall asleep, without writing off three evenings a week. Our family already has to plan our diaries with military precision, and there is more than enough evening work already. I also think that if people elect an MP they expect them to do their day to day constituency work, not gallivant about on television and up and down the country with cooking projects. So right now, no, I'm not looking to stand for Parliament, or council, or anything like it.

She'd been with her partner for five minutes and was already assuming the part of parent over the other child.
I thought she was talking about the Big Brother house to begin with 😂! Why is everything “that”

THAT man
THAT house
THAT pair of traazers
THAT pandemic
THAT clam like a clit....blah blah blah and on it goes 😴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
She certainly seemed to move in quickly with Allegra, but left it a wee while with Louisa from what I read. No doubt others on here will know how long.

Reactions: 10
Still on a Grunka, have been to see a very lovely gp today about my achy jaw, still ouchy but more manageable now with pain killers. Then this pops up. Just no, nope 🤦‍♀️ I am not that poorly that everything has to be blended up a la Cack.
View attachment 253440

Yeah, pain & suffering .... whatever. More importantly, what was the sex & denomination of the GP? Was coinage mentioned? These details are important.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'll be selling signed copies a la Jack's postcards. Aff link in the bio x
Shockingly, you're providing Jack's Patreons with more JM content than Jack is 🥴

What would we do if she started printing these onto postcards to sell in her store ala "Celery, Dickensian London"

• Haha
Reactions: 28
STOP PRESS: These aren't the asda smart price sardines she bought as part of her £20 shop, they're Tesco finest sardines in chilli lime and coriander 😂 (check the tin pattern)

JM's being sneaky and irreverent again. Asda Smart price for SB only!
Good catch! Honestly, what is she like

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Unless she stuck that yellow sticker bagel in the freezer when she bought it on Sunday, it's going to be well on the turn! :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 14
STOP PRESS: These aren't the asda smart price sardines she bought as part of her £20 shop, they're Tesco finest sardines in chilli lime and coriander 😂 (check the tin pattern)

JM's being sneaky and irreverent again. Asda Smart price for SB only!

thank you! i'll admit i've spent far too long trying to triangulate the sardines. knew they weren't smartprice

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.