Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Towel Folder (?!!!)
Pastor
Prophet (although tbf this is wat others called her)
Firefighter (we know she wasn't but she said she was)
Pharmacist
Should we add "Diagnostician", or is this covered by "Trainee Pharmacy Dispenser"?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
16! We've passed the point of print outs from Gov.uk

This would be the kind of research you would do at the start of a project, before it had even been commissioned. Not two weeks before you've gotta hand something in. Doesn't exactly scream thorough, does it?
She can't even cobble together a newspaper article / blog post that isn't entirely about her own experience. She is completely unqualified to carry out this kind of research ... and in five hours! πŸ˜‚ you couldn't make it up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
16! We've passed the point of print outs from Gov.uk

This would be the kind of research you would do at the start of a project, before it had even been commissioned. Not two weeks before you've gotta hand something in. Doesn't exactly scream thorough, does it?
This was very me circa 2010 at 4am trying to write a university essay due in 5 hours, frantically using BBC Bitesize as a key reading material as my head was too wired from ProPlus to focus on anything more in depth. Fortunately, I didnt have an advance on my essay from a major publisher. Unfortunately, it was so tit I had to redo that module over the summer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Must have been an agonising decision for Jack - higher welfare and better quality sausages for SB, or an animal mask for herself?
No contest, she is the only one she considers, everyone one else is an afterthought

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This was very me circa 2010 at 4am trying to write a university essay due in 5 hours, frantically using BBC Bitesize as a key reading material as my head was too wired from ProPlus to focus on anything more in depth. Fortunately, I didnt have an advance on my essay from a major publisher. Unfortunately, it was so tit I had to redo that module over the summer.
Recipe creation:
Rapidly gather random ingredients.
Throw them together.
"Best meal ever" emerges with no further work/refinement etc.

Book preparation:
Rapidly gather random facts and quotes...

<Insert Sherlock gif>

I believe I may be detecting a pattern

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
7E63721E-3575-463E-808B-49BD333A9A32.jpeg

Surely being one of Jacks closest friends, they know that she has AUTISM - one of the traits of which is lack of empathy πŸ™„

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Just took a quick peek at her patreon. Looks like there's been no real exclusive content on there since early August; there was a post earlier in Sept, but it looks like a basic update about postcards being in the post. Her $4 a month tier promises discount codes :rolleyes:, plus access to the exclusive content, so those on that tier aren't receiving much for their pledge this month. As a comparison, I pay $4 a month to subscribe to a podcast which has put out two hour long, researched patreon-only episodes in September alone.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
View attachment 253373
Surely being one of Jacks closest friends, they know that she has AUTISM - one of the traits of which is lack of empathy πŸ™„
I know you may be taking the piss, but it's worth noting that while empathy is difficult for autistic people, I believe that many actually have a strong sense of fair play and ethics, as well as being perfectly capable of caring for other people. I'll leave it to others to consider whether that applies to JM....

• Heart
Reactions: 26
(She's going to be on twitter all day long)

(Also why ... )

View attachment 253308
I do hope this book is marketed to insomniacs because if truth be told I think it will work better than any pill. I know it would for me. I wrote an essay once on EU and UK regulations in the animal sector with amendments. I actually thought someone was punishing me for something and I didnt know what.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Allegra worked at The River Cafe!
So instead of saying she took 3 holidays to Italy with her girlfriend, she pure tries to big herself up by making out like they're some sort of fancy culinary working trips.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.