Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if that poverty book she’s supposed to be writing has been canned. She’s gone a bit quiet on that but has mentioned the new budget cookbook quite a few times.

• Angry
Reactions: 28
The way she photographs and catalogs every rank meal she makes for that poor kid just astonishes me. You should see the masterpieces my kids get for their dinners! Seriously, my kids eat like royalty compared to hers - the child of an actual food writer.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I had homemade chips and a crispbake thing from M&S for my tea today and I can guarantee you it had more nutritional value that what that slop did.

It looks like something our dogs would throw up after eating too much. How she makes food look quite so unattractive I do not understand, she’s certainly a maverick in that regard - nobody else’s food makes me want to hurl like hers does.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I had homemade chips and a crispbake thing from M&S for my tea today and I can guarantee you it had more nutritional value that what that slop did.

It looks like something our dogs would throw up after eating too much. How she makes food look quite so unattractive I do not understand, she’s certainly a maverick in that regard - nobody else’s food makes me want to hurl like hers does.
Not only does it look vile, what will always baffle me is how it all looks the same.

Every single bloody thing. Just varying shades of brown slop. With all nutrition boiled away, if indeed there had been any nutrients in the food in the first place.

How? How does she do it? It really is a skill, albeit one she shouldn't be bragging about.

Also, why is it all slop? Why can't she just cook a pork chop or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I'm going to be driven up the wall this week with her sanctimonious posts about her budget cooking. That small portion of food for SB is not "5 portions of veg right there". She's cooked it in lard so even though she's not eating Bollock Bangers doesn't mean it's 90% vegan. Most people genuinely on a strict budget don't have time to hand draw and colour spreadsheets. Grrrr.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Not only does it look vile, what will always baffle me is how it all looks the same.

Every single bloody thing. Just varying shades of brown slop. With all nutrition boiled away, if indeed there had been any nutrients in the food in the first place.

How? How does she do it? It really is a skill, albeit one she shouldn't be bragging about.

Also, why is it all slop? Why can't she just cook a pork chop or something?
She's too BUSY to chew.

Now duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Has anyone ever seen JM cook a joint of meat? A roast chicken? A steak? I’d be interested to know because I’ve never ever seen her make something that isn’t slop, just like @MooBelle said.

Jack, hey babes, can you post us a picture of something that looks like it doesn't need to be fed through a tube? Thankyou hun xxxx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Blimey she really is the gift that keeps on giving isn’t she?

Budgeting for meals
Tiny oven
Single income
Living wage

What a load of bollocks.

Here‘s an idea Jack...move house to something cheaper If the rent is so high you’re struggling financially.
Nobody is making you spend that amount of money on rent. You are doing so because you can afford it so stop with the poverty cosplay. It may convince your more deluded followers but the rest of us see straight through you.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Sorry I’m Grunka-ing ( I miss “working” from home) what the hell is a WiFi mirror & what is the point?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Do we have any publishing Fraus here? Is that normal to just change the book you're writing/have been commissioned to write?

That's certainly not how it works in TV. We would get our arses handed to us if we decided to make something entirely different from what was commissioned. Hell, nobody would dare.

Unless she's just writing a load of books..... uncommissioned? I know I know trying to make sense of all the nonsense is fruitless 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.