Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, I'm another lurker and I have no idea why. I've never followed Jack on any SM, never even seen her books, let alone bought or read one, never seen her on TV. One minute I was vaguely aware of her existence and the next minute I'm spending half my life playing catch-up with these threads.
It's what Viv would have wanted. Welcome!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Fraus!
What a ride! it’s taken me 2 days to grunka the last thread and there’s already 21 pages to go here! 🙀 I’m back but I’m not back back, ok? I’m BUSY! (Got to pick my own SB up from school innit)

I don’t know what delights are awaiting me in the thread ahead but just want to say;

Incredible work @Veronicaaa I’m actually speechless at her stupidity!

The sausages 🤢 what about the slaughter houses Jack? What a bleeping hypocrite. What about the health of your dear SB? What message are you sending to people you absolute prick?
I’m so angry, she’s in the position to do so much more to educate lower income people to cook and eat healthily, that’s the main issue with Jamie, he’s always had the right idea and done so much but he’s seen as privileged and out of touch, it’s a shame.

I’ve really got to go but did anyone pick up on Jack saying “I don’t care about food unless it has a political angle” ? Going to assume she means “I don’t care about food, it’s just the thing that gets me in the press”

right I’m off for a piss and a sandwich to do the school run. Can’t actually wait to catch up with you in real time...chefs kiss

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I'm rereading 31 too! was a lurker back then, but I jumped out of my skin when she showed up!

now I'm just having a good giggle at the old highlights

sad little face
taken as canon
I have 4 sideboards!
entitled and demanding

I just... it's always amazing to reread

eta I just got to I'm not on my phone, they're both in another room 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I'm rereading 31 too! was a lurker back then, but I jumped out of my skin when she showed up!

now I'm just having a good giggle at the old highlights

sad little face
taken as canon
I have 4 sideboards!
entitled and demanding

I just... it's always amazing to reread
God I forgot all about ‘sad little face’. That tipped me over the edge. Madam you are THIRTY (FORTY) TWO!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Haha no, I don't think so! I did ask her some Very Important Questions that she refused to answer and told her we weren't forcing her to stay, but I definitely didn't tell her to shove it.
I’ve just spent an hour or so chuckling through it, my personal highlight was Grunka ‘sure jan’ giffing her and special mention to Pocahontas asking her to identify a kumquat by presenting her with a photo of a furry animal

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
k
I’ve just spent an hour or so chuckling through it, my personal highlight was Grunka ‘sure jan’ giffing her and special mention to Pocahontas asking her to identify a kumquat by presenting her with a photo of a furry animal
We are deffo kindred spirits on the work front today Alan!! I did the same rather than doing a boring spreadsheet to rediscover my thread highlights

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
At the time I found it incredibly annoying and frustrating that she was trying to manipulate the fraus into feeling sorry for her but now I look back and can see that an eternally iconic And important phrase was born that day...Shan’t

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Hi I am a lurker. Currently reading thread 17. Sometimes I dip into the real time thread and yesterday I hooted and fizzed at peeky mink revelations as I crammed my Cornflakes into my face like a greedy goblin.

I was a fan until the kitten tragedy really upset me and I delved deeper and found you guys.

I was willing to give her a chance and worried about her until yesterday and ocado.

I told my husband all about it and even he raised his eyebrows and said "Is she a scammer?"

The fraus have got me through lock down and covid madness and have taught me a lot eg weighted blankets, good recipe books.

Thank you Fraus.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Hi, I'm another lurker and I have no idea why. I've never followed Jack on any SM, never even seen her books, let alone bought or read one, never seen her on TV. One minute I was vaguely aware of her existence and the next minute I'm spending half my life playing catch-up with these threads.
Loool these threads get more views than letdown larder ever did

*one of us one of us*

At the time I found it incredibly annoying and frustrating that she was trying to manipulate the fraus into feeling sorry for her but now I look back and can see that an eternally iconic And important phrase was born that day...Shan’t
You were brilliant that day, a guardian of the tattle gates dear heart

• Haha
Reactions: 36
So has she abandoned the pretence that she reactivated her account just to alert people to a fake profile? Is she still tweeting as normal?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.