Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could she not get the extra bones in her foot covered in the excess skin on her hands and create some kind of extra limb to hold her other phone with? Science *man tapping his temple gif*
I've just sniggered out loud at that. Now duck off

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
If she means that microwave looking thing perched precariously on top of her microwave then that is shocking. Fifty billion extension leads snaking past the hob and along the worktop to ‘roast’ frozen sausages for 40 minutes.

I don’t think her actual oven works, she was always weirdly testy about it on DKL and never cooked in it live.
Does anyone remember the safety in the kitchen pictures from HE, her plug set up is straight out of that isn't it.we just need and iron board with hot iron and frayed cord and a baby and we are done.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I may be wrong but didn’t she already live in the expensive non-bungalow before Louisa moved in? So she could already afford it on a single income?

Also to add, she’s so disingenuous with little ol’ me “I’m fine just having the veg... saving the hole sausages for SB... I’ll count my pennies and buttons to get some mince next week” absolute bollocks. You don’t live on a living wage if the rest of it is in a savings account or spunked on fancy furniture and last minute getaways.

ETA. Roasting sausages is often in the cooking guidelines on the back of the packet along with frying or grilling. I must get my copy of Nigella Kitchen out to double-check how many 5p frozen eyelid sausages she suggests.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Lying cockwomble! Yes Jack, a “living wage salary” that you pay yourself out of your earnings while hoarding the rest as savings!

If rent is 2/3 of your income that’s because you choose to rent a FANCY £600,000 house!

Entitled, lying bleep.
But 2/3rds of living wage is peanuts! She’s got an absolute bargain there

• Haha
Reactions: 27
As this is going in her book I reckon it’s fair game. View attachment 250060View attachment 250061View attachment 250062
Enjoy!

Homogenous mush. Yummy!
Why does she have to over complicate everything! And why would you need to rinse the red lentils once they're cooked?....I make a lovely orange soup with onions, red lentils, carrots and tin of tomatoes and some stock made from the bones of roast chicken from Sunday lunch ....bung everything in pressure cooker and soup is ready in 20mins - use stick blender to make it lovely and creamy ( season to taste- court bouillion powder is ace lots of black pepper is of course optional )
ETA I am Scottish so know a thing or two about making a tasty ( and cheap) soup!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
She’s disappearing back down a writing hole now while necking sainsburys basics teabag kombucha. She also had to gloat about being able to recognise 20 whisky brands and updated her sober count to nearly 20 months.

ETA - Read it again, she thinks her bastardised concoction tastes like a ‘good, peaty scottish isles whisky’ and is congratulating herself on being the only person who has pulled off making alcohol free whisky.

🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
The living wage is to be thrown in people’s faces if they dare to challenge her. She lives on her expenses, her dividends, her patron, her tip jar, her ad revenue and links. NOT the “living wage”
And she does such a disservice to people actually on the living wage, or less. As if they should only be buying cheap shite to eat and living on £20 a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Uhm, for someone who'd love to be Scottish, she's clearly never had a good pot of homemade soup done up here. If we say we're "making a pot of soup" it's typically done with red split lentils, then your onions/leeks, carrots, turnips and potatoes. Not a bit of "homogenous mush" about it. The lentils are a thickener, and give you protein. And like Cariad says, no need to rinse them at all. She is obsessed with rinsing, in many ways.

Why does she talk so much shite?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
She thinks some shite kombucha she made with basics tea matches the taste of a complex, aged for 10+ years with special spring water and wooden barrels whisky...????

Not even sure Jan at this point...I'm bleeping offended!

• Haha
Reactions: 66
If she means that microwave looking thing perched precariously on top of her microwave then that is shocking. Fifty billion extension leads snaking past the hob and along the worktop to ‘roast’ frozen sausages for 40 minutes.

I don’t think her actual oven works, she was always weirdly testy about it on DKL and never cooked in it live.
Her very own Aga Saga !

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She’s even drinking it in her favourite whisky glass. I don’t want to offend or trigger anyone but surely that’s not a great idea? So so sorry if i’m out of line.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
She's now grifting to some foodie business manager to flog her whiskybucha 😆 - you know, I'll give her something, wish I had her brazen-ness!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.