Jack Monroe #75 Peekaboo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anybody be arsed to sit through this? I just...can't.

View attachment 249472
Is that new? Why does she never plug the work that she does? Her Hellman’s gig was barely spoken about on Twitter.

I’m not sure whether it’s more laziness or that she doesn’t want people on twitter knowing quite how much paid work she gets.

Reactions: 23
This is why I struggle with the 'Poor Louisa' narrative.
To me, she is wholly complicit in Jackie's antics. She is an incredibly intelligent (and powerful) woman who is the Head of C4's news and Current Affairs.
She has at the very least enabled her. She knows what she is doing.
I have been wondering if Louisa finds Jack's chaos...exciting? Like it's a trope I sometimes see played out in books, especially teen or YA books, where a more wishy-washy character gets rather seduced by the excitement of someone whose life is much more drama-filled. The Tulip Touch by Anne Fine features this dynamic, for example.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Is that new? Why does she never plug the work that she does? Her Hellman’s gig was barely spoken about on Twitter.

I’m not sure whether it’s more laziness or that she doesn’t want people on twitter knowing quite how much paid work she gets.
Maybe cos she tells the same fuckin story every time and sounds like a broken extractor fan doing it?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
The very fact that SB put his shoes on and went to the shop to buy his sausages shows what he thinks of his mother. That kid isn’t daft. duck you, mother dear, I’m going to eat dead pig whether you like it or not. Kudos to SB.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
The very fact that SB put his shoes on and went to the shop to buy his sausages shows what he thinks of his mother. That kid isn’t daft. duck you, mother dear, I’m going to eat dead pig whether you like it or not. Kudos to SB.
Like a mini mutiny!

Joking aside, that whole taking him to an abattoir bollocks was almost certainly a dig at the dad.
SB will be eating properly at his house, not whatever bandwagon his mother is on.
Again, I can only compare it to my Narc upbringing and feel sorry for the poor kid. She will have denied him the sausages and MADE him walk to the shop. Quite possibly crying and confused at the end of another cruel narc game that she gleefully gloated about in that blog thingy.
You won't eat my slop? Then you must be punished and then I will shame you and there is nothing your Daddy can do to stop it.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't just rock up to an abattoir and look round, especially with an 8 yo child. Even if you could (you can't) what kind of sick duck would do that?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Wow, that is one FANCY 'modern essential'!

View attachment 249299
I feel like having everything in your house connected to the Internet is a terrible idea tbh. Like why make your mirror/fridge/whatever vulnerable to being hacked when you can just...use a normal mirror/fridge (i know obviously there are a lot of uses for the internet of things esp for elderly people/people with disabilities such as speaking ti their fridge to order deliveries but i just think...yeah great another appliance spying on me. Don'twant to live in a world where my washing machine can be telling Vlad i dont put enough fabric conditioner in for the cycle tbh)

BUT does this mean we'll start seeing "sent from from Twitter app for overdesigned Harrods mirrors" joing jacks tweets as well as twitter for iphone/android??? 😄😄😄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Its so funny this has just come up because I literally ordered a mirror for my new bathroom this morning and was feeling guilty for spending 100! And thats for my actual main bathroom mirror. Not a £300 wifi vanity mirror to balance precariously on the piles of other hoarded, expensive crap. OH how the other half live!
Sure her followers can save up a months universal credit and they too can have a fancy mirror 😠

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I have found JM's perfect mirror!! - it's on sale at the moment too - c'mon Jack, it's only £1,444!!! BARGAIN! *ahem*

• Effortless connection to Smart Home control - for when the freezing cold suntrap of a 2 floored bungalow is just too big (although slightly too small) to meander through the cotswold co. furniture to reach the thermostat
  • Android-based system - great for half the phones, maybe the company can up their game for V2 to include an Apple system too?
  • Built-in loudspeaker - for increasing the volume of the hooting and wailing
  • Built-in camera (can be switched off) - hopefully this will save the poor i-phone from being licked, plus, y'know, gotta get dem angles for ouchy-mouth and black-eye shots
  • Wireless or wired Internet access - obviously to keep up with Twitter whilst applying makeup to enhance said ouchy-mouth and black eye.
  • Connection of external devices via Bluetooth - another docking station for the devices? GREAT! No need to get ouchy-foot walking through shards of glass to access the current hallway-based one.
  • Voice control & touchscreen - "Hey mirror, stop being all shiny and expensive looking, DON'T YOU KNOW I'M POOR?" Is the touchscreen fingerprint controlled? tongue controlled?
I do wonder about the thought behind a touchscreen mirror though, surely it would just get all smeary? Ah well best pop it in the blender.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Since so many of the new people (welcome 👋) have mentioned googling about black eye-gate, I decided to take a look at google trends.

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 1.32.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 1.33.19 PM.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.