Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yessss you’re right, like there’s an actual subject beyond the children themselves? Like the “product” is the meal and recipe not... haha isn’t family life CraZEEee / look at what we wear / my child did a poo all of which feel like a creepy invasion of privacy? Thinking about it I don’t disagree with junior bake off or that Lego competition either, or kids on kids TV or in theatre, arguably these all involve kids to engage a younger audience too like @Ninch55 says!
The only aspect that sits somewhat uncomfortably is maybe the nepotism but that’s as old as time and if I was in a position to give my kid a start in something they enjoyed and showed flair for I’d do the same

She needs the same voice coach as David Beckham?
It’s that vocal fry thing 😖

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Anyone who even feels the slightest bit sorry for her or wants her to be well, remember this.

She went against vets wishes to put to sleep a very sick animal in order to gain likes and adoration from her followers on social media, using it as a prop. Then, when the poor thing had passed away (probably in a lot of pain) she extended a bit of abuse to Louisa - calling it the same name as Louisa’s beloved childhood pet despite never using the name before.

JM is a cold, calculated sociopath and needs an intervention. She does not deserve people worrying about her or caring, because lets be honest, she didn’t give a duck about that kitten beyond writing like a 13 year old love struck teenager about it and photo ops.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
She’s so rude; I couldn’t listen to her for more than 30 secs, whyyyyyy is she rolling her eyes so much.... WHYYYYYY is she so rude

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Interesting how she speaks of her home circumstances no mention of the five bed house or the Range Rover or the ballet lessons Playing down her father’s position in the fire service

just she didn’t have a pony or fancy holidays or a lilac Mercedes and was dropped off in the fire service white transit
But why was there hay in the van?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
(I'm on a Grunka, but while I'm here...)

I hadn't seen this video before:

That was some side eye swas giving Giovanni at the beginning! I only watched until the doctorates were mentioned (at least JM had the good grace to say they were honorary)

I 100% don’t wish her any harm either. I won’t type something here that I wouldn’t say to her face, I don’t talk about her son and try to remember at all times that her big problem with us is based on her unwavering need to control the narrative and delete things she wishes could disappear completely out of sight and out of mind.

I think she knows DKL could have been the springboard for great things (even though she knows the way she got that was appalling) and her frustrations at that are being pushed in other directions rather than addressing her own behaviour.

I’ve always felt I can be honest here so you guys know that I’ve spoken about my MH problems. I find it really frustrating that people seem to find it easy to play that card to offset personality defects. I’m not a head to anyone but me. This week has seen the end of NHS psychology sessions (CBT over the phone) and two days prior, the Psychiatrist said that changing my medication won’t make much difference. So that leaves the ball in my court really, which is a daunting prospect when you already feel like you’re existing and going through the motions. I live with my husband and SB and don’t have anywhere to go but if we were separated I would sometimes encourage SB to stay with him a bit longer because even though he’s only 4 and autistic, I worry a lot about the impact on him.

But whatever else, I know I’m as honest as I can be, I try hard and I take responsibility for my tit. Maybe part of JM’s frustration with here is we’re complete strangers who come on here and can bear our soul and support or be supported. For whatever reason, I’m not sure she has much of a support network and that’s a shame.

ETA: VIPeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Anyone who even feels the slightest bit sorry for her or wants her to be well, remember this.

She went against vets wishes to put to sleep a very sick animal in order to gain likes and adoration from her followers on social media, using it as a prop. Then, when the poor thing had passed away (probably in a lot of pain) she extended a bit of abuse to Louisa - calling it the same name as Louisa’s beloved childhood pet despite never using the name before.

JM is a cold, calculated sociopath and needs an intervention. She does not deserve people worrying about her or caring, because lets be honest, she didn’t give a duck about that kitten beyond writing like a 13 year old love struck teenager about it and photo ops.
I often wonder what would of happened if Sophie’d of lived long enough to get the referral to Fitzpatricks that’s of course if it were true. I can’t imagine Noel being in favour of prolonging her suffering. Would Jack of known better than him too? Or would she of heeded his advice?

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Thinking about the Oliver junior thing and trying to unpick my own thoughts... I don’t know why I’m not horrified by him having a YouTube channel? I’m very anti children on social channels & especially the poor workhorse influencer children.

I don’t know if this is an acceptable opinion and tbh it feels classist of me to say as a lot of what makes it more comfortable hinges on their wealth and celebrity? Like the Olivers clearly don’t need the cash so it’s not as if he’s being pimped out like say the mother of daughters kids were to supplement a “normal” income? In all likelihood he’s having any cash he earns put aside & they’re building him a skill set / presence for a future career that he’ll inevitably step into with training, guidance and a healthy dose of media nepotism? Whereas the influencer kids are diminished if anything, like their childhood a depleting resource mined & shipped to the masses for free Regetta rain suits & kitchens?

But my hypocrisy there definitely doesn’t sit right with me (especially as it favours the rich 😂😷) & ultimately I don’t know how I feel about it either way really? What does the coven think?!
I think it’s because if Buddy didn’t want to do it anymore, Jamie and Jools would respect his decision and it would stop. They’re not relying on their child to generate family income.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What are SODs?
Sellers of Daughters, collective term for mother of daughters & father of daughters who were king and queen of child exploitation on insta

I often wonder what would of happened if she’d of lived long enough to get the referral to Fitzpatricks that’s of course if it were true. I can’t imagine Noel being in favour of prolonging her suffering. Would she of known better than him too? Or would she of heeded his advice?
The absolute desperation to latch onto fame and telly was shocking wasn’t it, like just listen to the three(!) vets you’ve spoken to just cos they’re not famous

we’re complete strangers who come on here and can bear our soul and support or be supported.
❤ To you and everyone needing it, this is too true and I’ve definitely been supported by you vile ninnies

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'd like to count myself among them.
And me, I hope. I've been diagnosed with BPD which I am currently disputing with the Health Board, one of the reasons for which is that the psychiatrist based the diagnosis on various points such as suicidal ideation, which apparently is the translation of my statement that "I have never considered suicide; I want my life to be better, not ended."

I have absolutely no follow up whatsoever, not even a booklet on BPD. I originally thought that I possibly had the non-hyperactive ADHP or ADD but I couldn't have that because I wasn't hyperactive 🤔😖😢. The psychiatrist and consultant considered autism I was told but I was refused entrance to the diagnosis pathway because 'autism had never been broached as a possibility before'... 🤬😭. I was told that Psychology had discharged me after one appointment without informing me, but this was later backpedalled to 'after Covid-19'.... I have no care contacts at all.

I have been off work since February between sick leave and lockdown. Together with Occupational Health, I admitted that my current role was making me severely mentally ill and requested a transfer. I still haven't found another role and there is only another week or less left before the competency procedure starts to kick in. I may appeal for longer to the CEO on the grounds of lockdown. My PIP application papers came today and I'm wondering whether I could afford to go part-time if I get a little something.

Jack has had enormous opportunities which she has wasted. I'm very bad at budgeting too but I have realised that that is a symptom of my illness and sought help. I'm lucky as, though I don't have immediate family and none near me, I do have friends and, at 59, still from school and university. People from past employment seem to have liked me enough to keep in touch and I have a loving religious circle of friends in Wica. I am aware that I have problems and I acknowledge them, and that, Jack, is the first step.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Waitrose are reading Tattle and sending coded messages of support my lovely canal of trolls

Today in the weekend magazine are Marcus Rashford full page and a brief mention of that man’s Bite Back charity plus Diana Henry suggesting the one thing to learn to make is a béchamel sauce

Am only halt way through and wondering what other secret messages await

• Haha
Reactions: 36
This is completely insane. Slipped under the train? And survived?

Also why does your 'chunky bum' have to be Mediterranean Jack? You're half 3rd generation Greek Cypriot. Seems a bit off and somehow offensive to assume something like that. As lovely as chunky bums are, :) I have one myself.
Ridiculous isn't it? Not today, death!!!! 😂😂😂 She wasn't even joking.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just watched 40 seconds and she's so rude!
It puts Mercy’s situation into perspective - the poor woman from Glasgow who died from starvation and you ask yourself how nobody knew. Was it pride? But listening to that whiny voice from Jack , and knowing what comes after that interview makes me want to spit fire. Mercy had nothing, Jack has survived with fridges and sideboards galore and she makes me sick.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I LOVE that kid, he’s brilliant!
He's obviously very much enjoying what he does and has inherited his father's love of food and ability to put across instructions on camera in an accessible way, even self-deprecating for his age. There's always a question of exploiting children (like the sodding SODs whom I've given up even following their Tattle threads) on social media but Buddy seems to be doing it for the pure enjoyment and Jamie has said that he often comes to work with him to actually work, even at his age. He's also showing children that cooking isn't complicated, can be fun and encouraging them to think about it. TBH, I can't see Jamie making him continue should Buddy change his mind because he has never really had his children involved except incidentally as part of the household.

Reactions: 18
Oh gosh, the Jacolytes are pitching her to Boris.
ah, poor skint boris! it's funny too cos then people are going, oh that's probs the wrong handle, oh noes, where is she? she needs to save our PM!

I need a laugh really cos I have had a moment of thinking I do hope she's ok cos she's been completely gone for such a long time (for her). I *know* it's her being manipulative and she's done bad things, there's just that niggle, isn't there?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.