Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with what you are saying. She clearly goes after others such as David Walliams for example. But what if DW has sever mental health issues but chooses not to illustrate that publicly ? No one can go after her though can they and no celebrity really can call her out on her constant manipulative bullshit, they cant because she chooses to share her mental health issues publicly.

Therefore JM is immune to ridicule / negativity or even just being called out ! Its wrong and it's very hypocritical.
DW spoke about his mh struggles, he is Bipolar and has severe depressive episodes, another reason why the pile on was cruel.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
If she has three therapists on speed dial, then she needs to be using them. Her privilege and lack of acknowledgement is shocking.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The[/QUOTE]
DW spoke about his mh struggles, he is Bipolar and has severe depressive episodes, another reason why the pile on was cruel.
Oh really that's so sad. But I firmly believe that you never know actually what someone is going through behind closed doors anyway. I would have so much more respect for JM if she gave custody of her son to her ex for a time at least, worked to sort herself out or at least to get on as even as keel as possible. You never know maybe this hiatus from SM could be the start. I really do hope so

• Heart
Reactions: 7

THAT BOY, Buddy Oliver....has made some nice fajitas and has mananged to cut an onion and heat the pan before frying......

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
It's a bit like the classic "if you leave, I'll kill myself" threat that keeps people in toxic relationships, innit.

I think a lot of us here have mental health issues, just from reading the comments (myself included.) And I think in life, generally, a lot of people do. It's mad to use it as an excuse for tit behaviour because the Venn diagram for those with MH issues and those who are arsewipes probably looks similar to the Venn diagram to those who think ducks are quite cute, really, and those who are arsewipes. I'm not sure there's much correlation, not least causation. So it grinds my gears when someone says (as they did to me when someone was foul to me at my old job) "oh don't mind her, she's depressed at the moment and having a really hard time." Like...so am I? And being picked on has just made me hate myself even more? But I don't broadcast it to excuse behaviour (and I don't behave like a knob, anyway) and no one has even bothered to ask if I'm okay, so like...?

I think what I'm trying to say is that people she's been aggy with, or people she's begged money off, or people who she's just straight up offended by being offensive - and then blamed her mental health for - are just as likely to have poor mental health themselves. It doesn't make you unique and it doesn't excuse your behaviour.

We're all human at the end of the day 🤷‍♀️

On the flip side, when she goes off the grid like this I do genuinely worry about her. Do I think she's capable of doing herself harm? Yes, probably. I think anyone has the potential to. And as much as I really, really, really dislike the woman, I don't wish her any harm. It would be amazing to see if she finally went "RIGHT. Enough is enough." and sorted herself the duck out. The saddest part is is that when she first started getting famous, there was so much promise! People were listening to her and some of the things she was saying made sense. If she'd been more open and honest about her back story and support networks, and not like money and (minor) fame and sodding Cotswald dressers take over, she could've done some good. She still could tbh. She has a big following. She could come back on Twitter today and make a huge public apology and start using her considerable privilege to start doing some actual good. She really could make a difference, and I always think people respect people who can admit when they've been a douche, and turn things around.

Sadly, I think the chances of this happening are about as high as my dog bringing me a cup of tea in the morning (in case you were wondering, low. She's a spaniel who wriggles so much she appears to, actually, be made up of two separate dogs.) But it would be amazing.

The way I see it, these threads will only either end when she makes that final stumble into utter irrelevancy, or when she sorts herself out and does something decent for once. I genuinely wish her good.

As much as I love this vile cabal of trolls, fraus and conspiracy wankers, hoping it'll be the latter, and it'll be soon.

(That was, like, x100 longer than I expected when I started typing. Apologies.)
Fabulously put (although I think half the reason these threads exist so busily is we just enjoy each other’s company and long may that continue she shouldn’t take it as an insult)

Oh really that's so sad. But I firmly believe that you never know actually what someone is going through behind closed doors anyway. I would have so much more respect for JM if she gave custody of her son to her ex for a time at least, worked to sort herself out or at least to get on as even as keel as possible. You never know maybe this hiatus from SM could be the start. I really do hope so
I understand what you’re saying, custody issues for me aren’t in our remit and for myself I’ve been incredibly depressed at times to a point I can’t really speak about it and the impact on my daughter is I guess unknown as yet. I truly believe though that the impact of her mum not being there would be worse for her and that mental illness doesn’t necessitate children being removed from parents

I don’t feel sorry for someone who cons money from vulnerable people .
yes, this is where my sympathy runs out and I come back to tattle to post stupid gifs because duck that

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

THAT BOY, Buddy Oliver....has made some nice fajitas and has mananged to cut an onion and heat the pan before frying......
Do you reckon Jack is planning on making her kid do this type of thing as well? Except he might do a better job than her and she would probably hate that... He'll deffo be filtered in cartoon for his privacy, ofc.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I don’t feel sorry for someone who cons money from vulnerable people .
Yup. Every time I start to feel a bit bad about her I mentally list some of the shittiest things she has done and it soon fades.

This circle of her acting nice, then posting weird things, people questioning her, claiming she’s being bullied/trolle/stalked, locking/deleting twitter, people feeling sorry for her, coming back stronger than ever/a new person. goes around and around. Even since her threads starting gaining momentum at the start of April this has happened about 10 times!

• Heart
Do you reckon Jack is planning on making her kid do this type of thing as well? Except he might do a better job than her and she would probably hate that... He'll deffo be filtered in cartoon for his privacy, ofc.
That’s an interesting theory!

Reactions: 5
And she still hasn't had the decency to publicly apologise to him or instruct her bandwagon to. That's strange, seeing as she's such a kind hearted, magnanimous, philanthropic (but not with money from her own pocket), supportive and thoroughly morally good soul. *scratches head

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
I don’t think she’d ever do this as it would mean she wouldn’t be centre stage, and it’s incredibly important to Jack that she’s centre stage at all times.

Reactions: 17
The DW rant was appalling. Even worse was that some woke friend of mine went all stupid and backed her...he posted the illustration showing that Miss Tutulage (or whatever) "was clearly black".

I told him he needed to go to spec savers and muted him for 30 days as I was so cross about it all.

I hope to god she got some legal threats from DW's people which shut her up.

Likely though she just flitted from that to another chaos.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Afternoon you hateful lot 😉

Has anyone else finished Adam Buxton's book yet? Eager to discuss!

It's incredibly off topic soooooo.....to bring it back around....we could start a 'authors who are better than Jack Monroe' bookclub? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Thinking about the Oliver junior thing and trying to unpick my own thoughts... I don’t know why I’m not horrified by him having a YouTube channel? I’m very anti children on social channels & especially the poor workhorse influencer children.

I don’t know if this is an acceptable opinion and tbh it feels classist of me to say as a lot of what makes it more comfortable hinges on their wealth and celebrity? Like the Olivers clearly don’t need the cash so it’s not as if he’s being pimped out like say the mother of daughters kids were to supplement a “normal” income? In all likelihood he’s having any cash he earns put aside & they’re building him a skill set / presence for a future career that he’ll inevitably step into with training, guidance and a healthy dose of media nepotism? Whereas the influencer kids are diminished if anything, like their childhood a depleting resource mined & shipped to the masses for free Regetta rain suits & kitchens?

But my hypocrisy there definitely doesn’t sit right with me (especially as it favours the rich 😂😷) & ultimately I don’t know how I feel about it either way really? What does the coven think?!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Fabulously put (although I think half the reason these threads exist so busily is we just enjoy each other’s company and long may that continue she shouldn’t take it as an insult)

I understand what you’re saying, custody issues for me aren’t in our remit and for myself I’ve been incredibly depressed at times to a point I can’t really speak about it and the impact on my daughter is I guess unknown as yet. I truly believe though that the impact of her mum not being there would be worse for her and that mental illness doesn’t necessitate children being removed from parents

yes, this is where my sympathy runs out and I come back to tattle to post stupid gifs because duck that
I've thought about that many times long and hard. I can only speak from my own experiences and my own opinion. Jm's son has another parent, and speaking from experience I feel that for a prolonged period of time her son should be with the other parent while she works to get herself better. She is clearly very unwell and I find it hard to believe that the frequent twitter outbursts d constant chaos she presents externally mask a personal persona that presents normality to her son . Surely in a way your best side is presented to the world and at home the mask slips, you show frustration and just generally let it all hang out so to speak.

I genuinely fear for her son and what he sees, feels and witnesses. He is probably hypersensitive to her behaviours and like another poster said sub consciously or inadvertently walks on eggshells. Some of the things she posts make me wonder about the things she tells him and how she makes a big deal out of everything. The for sale sign for example. Most kids of his age wouldnt bat an eyelid if you said an estate agent sign was put up in error. Hers would be living in some kind of terror situation. There is absolutely no way her behaviours are mot having some kind of effect on her child whether thats now or in later life or both. I dont think he should be removed from her permanently at all, just feel that in clearly manic episodes would be better in the care of his father until JM can return to a state of somewhat calmness and normality for her child. Just MO though and of course other may not share it x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thinking about the Oliver junior thing and trying to unpick my own thoughts... I don’t know why I’m not horrified by him having a YouTube channel? I’m very anti children on social channels & especially the poor workhorse influencer children.

I don’t know if this is an acceptable opinion and tbh it feels classist of me to say as a lot of what makes it more comfortable hinges on their wealth and celebrity? Like the Olivers clearly don’t need the cash so it’s not as if he’s being pimped out like say the mother of daughters kids were to supplement a “normal” income? In all likelihood he’s having any cash he earns put aside & they’re building him a skill set / presence for a future career that he’ll inevitably step into with training, guidance and a healthy dose of media nepotism? Whereas the influencer kids are diminished if anything, like their childhood a depleting resource mined & shipped to the masses for free Regetta rain suits & kitchens?

But my hypocrisy there definitely doesn’t sit right with me (especially as it favours the rich 😂😷) & ultimately I don’t know how I feel about it either way really? What does the coven think?!

Ooh interesting. I think, for me, all of Jamie Oliver's children have always been in the public eye to some extent due to his fame. So with Buddy (and JO's last two TV series) it feels controlled (in a good way!) to me. We are seeing what they want us to see rather than prying into their private lives and Buddy obviously LOVES cooking and presenting - he has a natural flair and is very good. It's clearly something he enjoys at the moment and JO fans get what feels like a glimpse into their family life. Does that make sense 🤔?

• Heart
Reactions: 28

I totally respect what you’re sayingand this is what I think.

This is an era of SM and his parents understand the pitfalls and perils very well. I think they’re doing a good thing by allowing him to start on a positive platform re the cooking - it’s something that will appeal to a massive demographic so if, and I hope not, there’s a pile-on of criticism, he’ll be defended by a huge number of people.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.