Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
feel like she’s really out of date with this, the comment underneath her ‘bollock & eyelids’ tweet telling her to use better quality meat. It’s what people want to see these days isn’t it? Just proves she’s stuck in some strange Tory world view of poor people ‘having’ to eat this crap

I mean fat gives flavour but not this sort of fat. She has no nutritional knowledge at all does she? The thing with THAT MAN is he genuinely has done great work in that area
I agree with you here that she’s WAY out of line with current thinking on food quality and ethics, whatever the income level. Things have massively moved on in the 6-7 years since she was last relevant. Can you imagine someone like Jamie - or any other professional chef or food blogger - making that comment about feeding fat, bollocks and eyelids to one of his kids, as if it’s the most hilarious thing ever? (If he did, the press would be down on him like a ton of bricks - luckily for Jack, the press don’t really know who she is).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I hopw

Tbf If I do toasties now I do the Inc our rRally really old George foreman grill. It's makes them look 1000 times better than those old toastie machines
I feel so many of us are on the same page here but incorrect! My oul pair have an oul toastie maker than ahm confident is older than me and the toasties are the business!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I agree with you here that she’s WAY out of line with current thinking on food quality and ethics, whatever the income level. Things have massively moved on in the 6-7 years since she was last relevant. Can you imagine someone like Jamie - or any other professional chef or food blogger - making that comment about feeding fat, bollocks and eyelids to one of his kids, as if it’s the most hilarious thing ever? (If he did, the press would be down on him like a ton of bricks - luckily for Jack, the press don’t really know who she is).
He stood up for not feeding it to other people’s kids let alone his own. SB might be fit as a fiddle now but she’s setting him up for a lifetime of poor health and increased risk of cancer.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Slight tangent here, but does it seem weird to anyone else that the tv work has dried up big time ever since the ex left?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
At the risk of sounding holier than thou, sausages, bacon and ham all fall under the ultra-processed meat category that has been classed as a carcinogen. I know people have different feelings about this but I think we can all agree that a diet rich in those foods is not good for a child. If you have no choice financially that's one thing, but she can afford better options. Getting one portion of fresh meat or fish would be the healthier and more ethical thing to do. There are other sources of protein out there that don't come laden with sulphites, salt and other stuff.
Totally agree with this. Our household is omni but I wouldn't buy the things that she has there. We try and do the best that we can, with the means we have at the time. Fact is, she can do better than that, much better.

It isn't just the ethical aspect, it's the lack of nutrition in those products and the ingredients they contain that have a detrimental effect. If I can't afford to buy decent meat at any point then I don't have it. There are many other protein options as you say and she is supposed to know this, it's part of her so called "niche" is it not?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
feel like she’s really out of date with this, the comment underneath her ‘bollock & eyelids’ tweet telling her to use better quality meat. It’s what people want to see these days isn’t it? Just proves she’s stuck in some strange Tory world view of poor people ‘having’ to eat this crap

I mean fat gives flavour but not this sort of fat. She has no nutritional knowledge at all does she? The thing with THAT MAN is he genuinely has done great work in that area
I actually bet that JO is spinning around his house at the very thought.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
But she is 1 with the occasional +1 and bunny

so why is she wingeing about loss of income if she has all these commissions ?🤥
Listen, that 5th cotswold sideboard isn't going to buy itself, and where else can her "chunky Mediterranean arse" rest in the meantime???

(Are we to infer those bags of shopping, which took 2 trips, collectively weigh more than a 93kg sideboard? :unsure:)

Bonus : edit due to autocarrot (which my phone now thinks is a word 😄)
autocarrot

• Haha
Reactions: 27
View attachment 248808
Just nipped to Tesco (Express obvs) plenty off bog roll in stock 😊
My Asda delivery for next week is proving deficient but I’ll get some somewhere as I’m fit and able and not having to shield. Poor Jack, having to shield and miss a week of her best offer of paid TV work ever :( good that she can now nip down the Asda’s with the covid twice in a day 👍🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I won't lie, Frauen and Herren, I feel almost mad with power today. At 0930 this morning @LavaFlake and I commented on her alter-ego's distastefully bougie use of Ocado for M&S luxuries/ ready meals to pass off as her own work, and by this afternoon she's made two trips to Asda to prove her worth as a poverty cosplayer.

We are Jack Monroe puppeteers, my friends. We are omnipotent (in the non-bungalow bungalow, anyway).

I can relate! we have the power! although I kinda regret telling her to duck off cos I deprived us of 3 days of content!

I wouldn’t say it is overdone but it looks dry. I thought everyone buttered the outside of the bread for a toastie?
am I imagining things, or was there discourse here, or on f+d, about using mayo on the outside of your toasties?

and I really like the burgeoning use of 🤥

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
When she went to Edinburgh (home of the pesky mink) she bought a load of random yellow sticker items, most of which, I'd hazard a guess, ended up in the bin - unless she washed down some rank brown lettuce and wafer thin chicken with gallons of skimmed milk. It was just so pointless, especially after blowing a small fortune on the train and fancy aparthotel. What is she trying to prove? Guys, I might spunk money like there's no tomorrow but don't forget - I'm pooooooor (Bridesmaids gif).

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Your Ocado shopping is booked. This way for click and collect ➡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I hope her poor kid doesn’t read her Twitter. Best he doesn’t know what’s going to be in that sausage casserole (while his mum sticks to sardines on toast). 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.