Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s the bleeping surprise? Rickets?
Or a dose of the trots
Thank you for noticing my jurassic friend 🤗 Thought id take a break from thread swinging in honour of Celerie, Edinburgh

I hope we're all doing Halloween icons! There are so many options to choose from - haunted sideboard, the ghost of a renowned fashion designer...THAT MAN in a spoooooky hat
oooo oooo can I be an autocarrot? Can I ? Please 🥕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Sooooooo....she heavily implies she might have COVID by listing relevant symptoms, then skips off down to Asda the next day, and hangs out with her son who will presumably be going to school tomorrow? What an unmitigated dick she is.

And welcome, btw, Apricotarm. I found this lovely bunch of ninnies much the same way.
Thank you, I’ve never followed her but always checked in daily to see what rubbish she was spouting (it seemed to be my tea break routine!) I could never understand why I never saw any trolling comments other than fairly mild questioning - another reason I googled her. You are all so witty, I’m glad I’ve finally posted.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Also a first time poster. Experiencing a bit of shock as I was a huge fan of Jack. I made the chickpea and peach curry and sent her an email at some point to tell her she was wonderful! And bought a book for a food bank.

Am left feeling a bit stupid now but I thought her first book was good and she wanted to help people. Chalking it up to experience! Love the thread so will keep reading.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Okay. Am not in the uk myself but, but, what are the rules re self-quarantine if you’re experiencing symptoms? If this account is indeed her, either she’s a liar with no shame or she’s wilfully putting fellow shoppers at risk. Which is it? And holding her to her word and assuming the symptoms genuine, would she have been breaking the law?
yes, if she had symptoms she should have got tested and self isolated. But this is Jack she doesn’t need to follow rules.

• Angry
Reactions: 27
Okay. Am not in the uk myself but, but, what are the rules re self-quarantine if you’re experiencing symptoms? If this account is indeed her, either she’s a liar with no shame or she’s wilfully putting fellow shoppers at risk. Which is it? And holding her to her word and assuming the symptoms genuine, would she have been breaking the law?
I think I’m right to say that in England (other countries in the UK might have different rules?) it’s “guidance” to self isolate if one is displaying symptoms, as opposed to the law. We seem to rely on common sense, which is fine until that reliance runs headlong into someone like Jack.

I suspect we might find that the symptoms become a “reality” and it will be COVID* that delays the submission of the Jackifesto.

*Oops, I mean twitter addiction.

Reactions: 24
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
We all know she didn’t have ’Rona.

It was tweeting for sympathy and doggos, that is all. Tweeting that from her main account would have got insane levels of attention to her, so she was hoping for the same from the Peeky one. Unfortunately it didn’t work out. head.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I think I’m right to say that in England (other countries in the UK might have different rules?) it’s “guidance” to self isolate if one is displaying symptoms, as opposed to the law. We seem to rely on common sense, which is fine until that reliance runs headlong into someone like Jack.

I suspect we might find that the symptoms become a “reality” and it will be COVID* that delays the submission of the Jackifesto.

*Oops, I mean twitter addiction.
Aah, here it’s Symptoms = stay at home or risk a fine or even jail.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Perhaps she was trying a Covid excuse for getting out of writing the book (it’s pretty obvious she’s made zero progress), and they didn’t buy it - or she dropped that idea when she got busted.

Back to those cheap sausages - one thing she’s never really addressed, and possibly doesn’t understand, is that just because something is the cheapest option that doesn’t mean it’s the best *value*. Those sausages contain only 32% “pork” (which can still contain up to 50% fat and connective tissue), the rest is water and bulking agents. Most of the fat and water will run off in the cooking, leaving you with a much smaller sausage still containing very little actual meat. You’d be better looking at the ingredients as well as the price when you buy, the second cheapest option might turn out to be much better value.

And if Jack is going to tackle “ethics”, she will also need to consider the wider ethics of the supermarkets, including their corporate set up and policies on investment, the environment etc. For example, a couple of years back, Asda was judged least ethical UK supermarket in terms of food waste. (But I guess Jack knows that cos didn’t she call herself a “food waste superhero” last week?).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Those sausages are 20 for £1, and contain more water than pork (so I expect they’ll shrink A LOT on cooking). At that price, it will not be high welfare pork either. And she calls herself 90% vegan. 🙄
Funny how she didn't take a pic of her M&S/Waitrose shopping for all to see. Very misleading. I suppose she'll swerve that by pretending to be conducting an experiment which is most likely to be how to rinse your sausages to make 40.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.