Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It doesn’t matter that the sausages are full of shite (well, fat, bollocks and eyelids, according to Jack) cos the boy is fit as a fiddle! 🤢
so what kind of food did your mother make you growing up the son of Jack? Oh, eyelids and bollocks. But don’t worry she didn’t eat it cos you know, ethics🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Why would she elect to feed that poor boy this stuff, when she can afford not to? 😤 He might be fit as a fiddle NOW, but why risk what this might be doing to him? Just ugh.
This is exactly the point. She’s dragging him into her cosplay and his diet suffers as a consequence.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Vlad's lads, you have absolutely outdone yourselves today. I was BUSY ferrying children about and missed this in real time. What a time to be alive. Top shout out has to go to @Veronicaaa for detective work of sheer genius.

Welcome new folk! I'm glad you found us rotten bunch of witches 😆

I see her twitter responses are back up again after her flounce. That'll have made her hellish few days having no blue tick account worthwhile. Lots of attention tonight.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I liken buying all this cheap food to buying cheap clothes.. if that’s all you can afford then fine. If you can afford better quality then bleeping buy it. It’s unethical not to and just builds up the battery farms and underpaid workers and does a a disservice to every part of the production line. Bad Jack.
Still catching up so someone else has probs made this point - but 100% agree with this, and on the flip side if you’re of means you shouldn’t be going into charity shops, scooping up all the trendy high quality items / plus size / anything that’s of short supply & you shouldn’t be buying yellow sticker items either. We all love a bargain but get on eBay and buy a(nother) Viv piece not FOOD?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Quite - and the weirdest thing is that she’s practically gloating about feeding her kid this rubbish, when she’s fully aware of what’s in it.
feel like she’s really out of date with this, the comment underneath her ‘bollock & eyelids’ tweet telling her to use better quality meat. It’s what people want to see these days isn’t it? Just proves she’s stuck in some strange Tory world view of poor people ‘having’ to eat this crap

It's not "lots of juicy flavour" they're imparting, it's lots of cheap disgusting fat.
I mean fat gives flavour but not this sort of fat. She has no nutritional knowledge at all does she? The thing with THAT MAN is he genuinely has done great work in that area

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Why is she acting like she doesn't love cheap meat too? She's been waxing lyrical about cheap wet ham, tinned hotdogs and famous chain restaurant burgers in the past six months. Don't blame your kid, Jackie. But then again she does see him as, what was it she said on that podcast? Just the same as having a dog?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
I mean fat gives flavour but not this sort of fat. She has no nutritional knowledge at all does she? The thing with THAT MAN is he genuinely has done great work in that area
And the sheer crassness of saying she’ll be following it up with a food ethics book. Fine (but not fine, you hypocritical shitgibbon), but your kid is not a bloody experiment! If you know that you can feed him cheaply but still healthily, DO THAT.

Just actually gross.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
I recently watched the circle I think it’s called a terrible movie with no ending starting Emma Watson and it was v similar, haven’t used Facebook for six months and deleted my insta too. Never use twitter it seems toxic AF!

Appaz Mayo on the outside works well. If only we knew someone who knew maverick things to do with mayonnaise...
I deleted Facebook six weeks ago and I don’t miss it at all! I’m still on IG but I’m having regular clear outs. I don’t like Twitter, i found the way it works weird 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I hopw
Sooooooo....she heavily implies she might have COVID by listing relevant symptoms, then skips off down to Asda the next day, and hangs out with her son who will presumably be going to school tomorrow? What an unmitigated dick she is.

And welcome, btw, Apricotarm. I found this lovely bunch of ninnies much the same way.
Tbf If I do toasties now I do the Inc our rRally really old George foreman grill. It's makes them look 1000 times better than those old toastie machines

Reactions: 11
Duo? I just see very dry looking toasted bread.
Whenever I get in the mood for a cheese and bean toastie, it’s always got a shiny crunch on the outside. You’re supposed to butter it, Jackie! Plus all the cheese and beany juice forms a sort of lava along the seams. Oh... but maybe she rinsed them?

Don’t get me started on the cheap sausages. There’s absolutely no need for someone with means and ability to not get a more sustainable cut of meat. She could have gone into the butchers and asked for 200g of whatever’s their cheapest cut and it probably would have been a quid. She could have then used that as a #teachingmoment for her Jackolytes.

I only ever buy free range organic meat, and as a result of this choice, we basically just hardly ever eat meat. Last weeks example: beef bones for broth/soup £1 a bag, chicken wings £2.50, pork mince £3.50 a pack, and beef brisket which worked out at £1 per 100g (I bought 2kg of the brisket and divided up/froze). We didn’t use all of the pork mince either. There’s x5 of us full time. Why couldn’t she have just gone to a local butchers?? Why Jack? Also, what did you get from marks? Can we see how much you got for £20?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I have a block of Smartprice lard, but would never buy those sausages

Reactions: 9
It's actually shameless, the lies she tells. Now implying she has a £20 budget, after her Ocado spending sprees.

Jack, do you like my new avatar?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Jack is there somewhere I can donate to help you buy a better quality sausage? You’ve done so much for others the least I can do is keep you in sausage. You deserve your own sausage to call your own forever and ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Lard is also useful for pastry. But knowing Jack, she'll just drizzle it over a salad because olive oil is too fancy.
No, no — she will grate it over a pre-pesto salad bag. Serve with cheap ass sausages and instant mash for a nutritional hit.

It’s .... Deliciously Ella’s account....

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.