Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm obviously a much less kind person than you but I don't share these concerns. It takes most people years to get a diagnosis for ADHD or autism in adults (speaking from experience), yet Jack has openly said that she's been able to go private to get diagnosed and treated. This runs into the thousands of pounds and she's incredibly privileged that she's not stuck in the frankly dismal NHS system.

Equally, she's repeatedly spoken about her three private therapists (all of whom she apparently pays enough to be in her speed dial, available all hours of the day and night). If she can afford this, that's more support than any poor, mad fucker gets (I include myself in this contingent). If she's lying, well, that's on her.

I've struggled for decades with anxiety, depression and eating disorders, and aside from 8 sessions at uni and offers of group CBT (no thanks!) I've been repeatedly fobbed off by doctors with medication, being given leaflets about free bloody swimming, and other pointless stuff. It's taken me having to confront historic sexual assault and rape to get on a waiting list for decent talking therapy through a crisis centre and still the waiting list for that is 6 months.

Jack is SO, SO privileged that she can afford to go private, but ultimately recovery also involves accountability: acknowledgement of your own damaging behaviours and the affect on others. You have to want to be better. Jack isn't there: she shamelessly monetises any "chaos". She's built her brand around this instability. She surrounds herself with enablers. I genuinely think she overplays any legitimate conditions for donations.

I just can't feel in any way bad for her. *hangs head in unempathetic shame*
And furthermore, people can and do suffer all kinds of mental health problems without being a total head.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Have you seen, Matt got slightly salty with Cat Deely on Saturday kitchen today?

"I don't know what I'm doing here to be honest".

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
And furthermore, people can and do suffer all kinds of mental health problems without being a total head.
Absolutely bloody right! In my opinion, a lot of her behaviour is likely down to innate personality traits as opposed to her being 'unwell'. She gets excused of an awful lot because people are concerned she isn't well.

A look back through her history shows us she's always been pretty much the same, same behaviours throughout.

Reactions: 38
FFS just because she says she’s being trolled, doesn’t mean she is!! If she was, I think she would happily post the nasty messages for all the world to see.

There’s a saying where I am “they’re taking it all in like tattie soup” and it’s apt for these gullible people who think a complete stranger is everything she says she is and is 100% honest. It’s really quite worrying.
There was a girl at secondary who made a big fuss about being picked on and the class would get a telling off every few months. That we should be nicer to her blah blah.
She was a total witch and no one wanted to be her friend, we tried occasionally and she would say horrible things to us.
She also told lots of lies. She reinvented herself at uni that she came from a posh wealthy family (not true).

Reactions: 24
JM has said before that she has three therapists on speed dial. Now, that may be yet another one of her lies. If not, then they would be private therapists because anyone I've known who has tried to get similar help on the NHS has said it's just not been available, or it takes years to get to the top of the queue.
I can verify this. It took me over 10 years to stop doctors from telling me I was just depressed and didn’t know my own mind, etc., ad nauseam, and a meltdown in front of a new GP, then 6 months on a waiting list after referral. If I’d had her money I would have gone private, and been a lot better off a lot sooner.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
To be fair, she did win a Fortnum's award, so perhaps the hamper was part of the prize?
It was a prize, I remember her receiving that. Odd Photo for the story though in the Guardian. Bit pompous for an article promoting cheap meals!

Reactions: 12
Yes my previous post didn’t acknowledge the privileges she has compared with many of us.
I had to go private in the end to get assessed for ADHD as I was getting nowhere in the NHS. They are simply not interested in adults who may have undiagnosed issues like this.
I was lucky enough to afford the private fee as a one off assessment which was several hours of appointment.

Jack doesn’t acknowledge the money she has coming in that allows her to access stuff that most people cannot.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Have you seen, Matt got slightly salty with Cat Deely on Saturday kitchen today?

"I don't know what I'm doing here to be honest".
I didn’t see that bit, but she was incredibly annoying - I had to turn the sound down cos her yapping was doing my head in.

Reactions: 10
I didn’t see that bit, but she was incredibly annoying - I had to turn the sound down cos her yapping was doing my head in.
I am constantly confused as to why Cat Deely is still in the news and treated as a celebrity - literally what has she done since SMTV live? Or was it Live and kicking?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I am constantly confused as to why Cat Deely is still in the news and treated as a celebrity - literally what has she done since SMTV live? Or was it Live and kicking?
The shows coming back, cd uk i think. So shes everywhere atm 🥴

ETA I just googled and I appear to be chatting tit. I thought I heard one of her shows was coming back 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Apparently she’s been living in LA (not like she ever mentions it 🙄), but it looks like the work’s dried up over there so she’s now back here, all over daytime TV touting her wares. She’s pretty annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
There was a girl at secondary who made a big fuss about being picked on and the class would get a telling off every few months. That we should be nicer to her blah blah.
She was a total witch and no one wanted to be her friend, we tried occasionally and she would say horrible things to us.
She also told lots of lies. She reinvented herself at uni that she came from a posh wealthy family (not true).
I worked with a similar woman, and Jack reminds me very much of her. Especially that the lies were never quite outright lies, there was always a basic grain of truth and then it was just adapted and twisted to fit whatever was “needed” in that situation. She’d go and complain at superiors about anything she perceived as a tiny slight but would tear into others and expect it be absolutely fine. My former colleague though entirely shunned social media - she realised after the first call out that if she had a written record of saying something happened then chose to change the story it was too easy to catch her out.

I don’t doubt Jack has real issues, and I hope she can get the help she needs, but the amount of “chaoses” can’t be excused by that. One or two should be enough for anyone to learn

Reactions: 15
She didn't fall under a bleeping train for crying out loud 😂. Such a drama llama 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Genuinely I hope she is okay and getting support wherever she is.

MH disorders can be complex and hard to treat.

Of all her listed disorders I think she genuinely has ADHD as a lot of her behaviour fits there. I have ADHD and I understand chaos only too well. For me that’s in executive function and being organised. For Jack it seems to be impulsive behaviours etc.
Along with that it’s possible she is autistic or she has some kind of personality disorder. I’m not qualified to say what that might be though.

Sometimes I have had concerns despite my irritation with her that we are witnessing a person with ongoing and deteriorating mental health. And that worries me.

Hopefully she has support around her. I know SB’s Dad supports with him but I wonder who actually supports and helps Jack.
Yes my previous post didn’t acknowledge the privileges she has compared with many of us.
I had to go private in the end to get assessed for ADHD as I was getting nowhere in the NHS. They are simply not interested in adults who may have undiagnosed issues like this.
I was lucky enough to afford the private fee as a one off assessment which was several hours of appointment.

Jack doesn’t acknowledge the money she has coming in that allows her to access stuff that most people cannot.
although I think it’s fair enough for someone to use their wealth or successes to improve their lives, this is it- someone like Marcus Rashford or Jamie Oliver will acknowledge their privilege and say look I want to pay this forward while still being able to use their roots as evidence of their knowledge of a situation.

Jack implies in various ways that she is still suffering from poverty and disadvantage and this is simply not true.

I do feel conflicted often posting on tattle because I see that the thread subjects read here and are affected by what’s said. I also see that she does clearly have mental health issues, as do a lot of us here. And I genuinely wish her no malice. I just feel that here we can discuss things openly without any confrontation or invading of space. She chose to come here that day we (the Royal ‘we’ of the cabal) don’t go to her.

People in the public eye asking for money for nefarious reasons need to be monitored and there is insufficient regulation.

her behaviour may be influenced by her ADHD, autism, etc however these may also be being used as excuses. there’s been such a lot of great advice on these threads she could really turn things around. Have a private personal account I’m sure a lot of people inc. Nigella would still follow that and blow off your steam there. Have a large professional account run by management and share any scathing essays you want to go viral via it.

apologies for lack of capital letters I CBA correcting them.

one thing to add is I’m also one who worries about her potentially harming herself in some way, the mentions of CF etc weighed heavy, and I’d like to remind people that we are not to blame. Saying these things is quite abusive really and is designed to just get us to stop discussing the inconsistencies and shut it down. there are an awful lot of very kind people here and I know they are being caused moral and emotional harm by the allegations and suggestions made.

no influencer or blogger needs to read this forum, I’m sure it’s very tempting but it’s a choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.